• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
Can someone fill me in on the new DS? I still haven't played any games for the current DS. I have Fire Emblem and wanna get Bravely Default. Is there another new system coming so soon?

The new 3ds is just like the gbc, there will be some games that will exclusive to it like xenoblade and games that run better like mh4u.

JavyOO7

Can someone fill me in on the new DS? I still haven't played any games for the current DS. I have Fire Emblem and wanna get Bravely Default. Is there another new system coming so soon?

The 'new' 3ds coming out is just the 3ds but with an additional analog stick (tinier than the one on the left), faster processor, has NFC support, and the 3D viewing is a bit better.

This isn't a new generation yet.

I want the new 3DS XL Majora's Mask but pre orders are sold out everywhere... /sad

Alucard

Banned
Basically what I'm saying is wrestling is stupid and a few weeks away from it to recharge instead reinforced that it is stupid and the quality of life went up while not watching it.

Fuck wrestling. Fuck all y'all.

I totally buy that. Life is better without subjecting yourself to this absurd shit on a daily or weekly basis.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I have way more fun in this thread than I do watching 90% of wrasslin*

90% of what I watch is wwe material to be fair

Basically what I'm saying is wrestling is stupid and a few weeks away from it to recharge instead reinforced that it is stupid and the quality of life went up while not watching it.

Fuck wrestling. Fuck all y'all.

zywmlcdwvpdzsfkuvbua.jpg

:)

big show could easily be the greatest heel. I want to see him bury the fuck out of dolph ziggler at wrestlemania. I want to see him turned into a really crazy conservative and he can join the authority so he is no longer in the ring much but can be anther corporate kane. the authority will probably be here for a while after wrestlemania.

Alucard

Banned
So, let's get this straight...

-wrestling is more enjoyable without this thread

-life is more enjoyable without wrestling

We're all doing it wrong, guys.

Alucard

Banned
fuck stro for not watching the chaperone and working alucard into a shoot referendum on this communtiy

This community is fun. Like any community, you get out what you put in. Everyone's here for different reasons. Some are here to not feel lonely. Some are here to bitch. Some are here to talk wrasslin'. Some are here to gimmick it up. But...something something we're all in this together.

I don't see anything that points to them telegraphing Reigns as the Rumble winner, tbh

The posters, man! The posters!

Friend, this is a concerning stance. I know you specialize in visual media, so I can't believe your eyes are that far gone. Your livelihood may be in jeopardy if so.

Unless Rollins wins the title at the Rumble, Reigns isn't winning shit. That match is not a good match up by any stance, promoting wise.

Bryan return has a ton of juice on it, he's either HHH in 2002 or he's Jericho when Sheamus won.

I see Reigns getting fucked over by Rollins somehow, and they do the Shield 3 way at Mania

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I shit on the Young Bucks all the time. I think wrestling would be better if they weren't around. I think they actually hurt every promotion they go to. Just like I think Austin Aries spawned little shits like Davey Richards that got rid of that teeny tiny bit of psychology that ROH used to have rather than adding more to it. I hate tons of wrestling, but it's also a vast, open thing and that there's always something else even if it means watching one match out of a whole card. If I enjoy that one match, I can still enjoy wrestling. I like Hulk Hogan. I'm very experienced in the fact that you really shouldn't care if someone shits on what you like. It shouldn't tamper your enjoyment at all as long as there's someone else to talk about it. If one person likes this wrestler I enjoy, I'll keep talking about them even if everyone else hates them because it's one post on a massive forum. It can be scrolled by as long as it's not like 12 500x720 gifs in a row.

Just because someone (myself included) hates on the thing you like doesn't mean to stop posting the thing you like if there's somebody else that enjoys it. I enjoy the criticism because it's usually fun and it's dumb to get caught up on it. I never tell FallingEdge how much the Young Bucks fucking suck with the intent of converting him. I do it because it's conversation. Surely no one on here is so insane that they think they can convince someone to stop liking something they like purely with their words.

Alucard

Banned
Unless Rollins wins the title at the Rumble, Reigns isn't winning shit. That match is not a good match up by any stance, promoting wise.

Bryan return has a ton of juice on it, he's either HHH in 2002 or he's Jericho when Sheamus won.

I see Reigns getting fucked over by Rollins somehow, and they do the Shield 3 way at Mania

Where does all this leave Rollins with the briefcase? You can't have him fail with his cash-in at this point. They've built him for too long and too well. If Reigns or Bryan are champ after Mania, you need to have Rollins cash-in shortly after, meaning a short run for either Reigns or Bryan.

strobogo

Banned
I shit on the Young Bucks all the time. I think wrestling would be better if they weren't around. I think they actually hurt every promotion they go to. Just like I think Austin Aries spawned little shits like Davey Richards that got rid of that teeny tiny bit of psychology that ROH used to have rather than adding more to it. I hate tons of wrestling, but it's also a vast, open thing and that there's always something else even if it means watching one match out of a whole card. If I enjoy that one match, I can still enjoy wrestling. I like Hulk Hogan. I'm very experienced in the fact that you really shouldn't care if someone shits on what you like. It shouldn't tamper your enjoyment at all as long as there's someone else to talk about it. If one person likes this wrestler I enjoy, I'll keep talking about them even if everyone else hates them because it's one post on a massive forum. It can be scrolled by as long as it's not like 12 500x720 gifs in a row.

Just because someone (myself included) hates on the thing you like doesn't mean to stop posting the thing you like if there's somebody else that enjoys it. I enjoy the criticism because it's usually fun and it's dumb to get caught up on it. I never tell FallingEdge how much the Young Bucks fucking suck with the intent of converting him. I do it because it's conversation. Surely no one on here is so insane that they think they can convince someone to stop liking something they like purely with their words.

You should stop liking wrestling.

Is it Real Ass Friday ?

Nah it's Shut The Fuck Up Sunday

Where does all this leave Rollins with the briefcase? You can't have him fail with his cash-in at this point. They've built him for too long and too well. If Reigns or Bryan are champ after Mania, you need to have Rollins cash-in shortly after, meaning a short run for either Reigns or Bryan.

I think Mania ends with Bryan beating Brock, and Rollins cashing in. They could use a heels up Mania.

No matter the scenario, I think Rollins cashes in on the champ to end Mania.

This community is fun. Like any community, you get out what you put in. Everyone's here for different reasons. Some are here to not feel lonely. Some are here to bitch. Some are here to talk wrasslin'. Some are here to gimmick it up. But...something something we're all in this together.

fDaP5.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also watched some Dragon Gate today for the first time since like 2008.

That shit is a mess to watch now. It's more like watching the Circus than watching wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
Can they really be called 'The Young Bucks' when those two gentlemen hit their forties?

Shawn Michaels is still called the Heart Break Kid despite being nearly 50, regularly looking homeless, the worst head of bald wrestler hair you've ever seen, and an eye that makes Saturn and Robert Gibson feel good about themselves.

Alucard

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/fDaP5.gif[/QUOTE]

This guy gets it.

Wrestling is stupid fun that can make you laugh, take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions, make you forget about your life, and even inspire you in some cases. It's a form of escapist entertainment where problems are solved by violence, evil is usually beaten by good, and shit is as black and white as can be.

It's also sexist and attracts the bottom feeders of society...and it's this way because it's run by misogynist white males in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom