• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the "bbbbwwwwaaaahhhhahaaa" sound LU does seemingly non-stop that got me to stop.

New Bryan

Fkl7mY8.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
iqtNRC2.gif

B147kUU.gif

Match was 5 minutes long and full of old people and Yasshi. Highlight was Dump stiffing people with a kendo, Yasshi bumping like a boss, and Onita breaking a table then using pieces of the table as weapons.

PInk Tape

Banned
They keep putting him against guys they don't want him to beat. They want to keep Wyatt strong for if Taker comes back, so they put him over Ambrose, and then for some unknown reason they thought it'd be good to put him against Rusev.

There aren't any more (kinda) credible midcarders left, I guess? Maybe? I'm not really sure.

But Ambrose is just another one of those guys who had a lot of momentum at one point and then lost steam when he shouldn't have (WWE's MO). I guess it just irritates me more since he's one of my favorite wrestlers. I know that not everyone's going to be a main event champion in WWE and I really shouldn't get my hopes up but I think he has something that might get him there.

On the bright side, at least Seth-kun's in a good place in the company right now.

rrc1594

I'm sorry Gaf I tried and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like Daniel Bryan. I don't get hype for any of his matches. Now on that note I'm not a blind bat , I see how over he is with the crowd and he should win the RR. I want Seth to win the title at the RR, I would want to see Rollins Vs. Bryan Main Event, because both are great in the ring.

Now if you asked me who I would like to see win the RR that would be Ziggler. I would love to see a Rollins and Ziggler feud.

I'm sorry Gaf I tried and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like Daniel Bryan. I don't get hype for any of his matches. Now on that note I'm not a blind bat , I see how over he is with the crowd and he should win the RR. I want Seth to win the title at the RR, I would want to see Rollins Vs. Bryan Main Event, because both are great in the ring.

Now if you asked me who I would like to see win the RR that would be Ziggler. I would love to see a Rollins and Ziggler feud.

I respected your stance till you said Ziggler.

Still...

iWJ7sgX.png

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Tonight I learned that Abraham Lincoln invented the chokeslam, and that wrestling may well have been a work as early as 1831!

I don't know for sure if it's actually been a work that long, but the build of Lincoln vs Armstrong sure sounds like it.

Don't believe me? Look it up!

The beauty of it is that you can jump in at any time and likely enjoy yourself. And I personally feel that they do build to things, like Puma winning the title, Sexy Star getting revenge on Chavo, etc. All stories don't culminate in one big PPV, but they do get resolutions along the way. I really dig LU's energy and how it feels vibrant and alive in comparison to the WWE and TNA. It's just the most fun weekly wrestling show out there right now IMO. The time just blazes by when I'm watching it.

Also...
Blue-Demon-Middle-Fingers.gif

I can't disagree with anything you are saying. Like I said, I think it is a quality show with great matches. But I think part of what you said explains the issue. You can jump in at any time. That is because of the way the show is structured, and part of that makes it not feel "must-see", for lack of a better term. I have no desire to stay dedicated to it because my dedication doesn't feel rewarded. Like the only reason I continue to watch WWE right now is because of Mania season, and I know that no matter what, everything will build to that three month stretch. There is a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. LU just feels like matches and stories within a story that at the end of the day isn't going anywhere. Part of this also goes back to it being taped and directed the way it is. It's made to be a TV show and not a wrestling show, so it feels like it lacks the volatility that makes a wrestling show a "must-see" weekly thing.

Tonight I learned that Abraham Lincoln invented the chokeslam, and that wrestling may well have been a work as early as 1831!

I don't know for sure if it's actually been a work that long, but the build of Lincoln vs Armstrong sure sounds like it.

Don't believe me? Look it up!

Would Abraham Lincoln be a main eventer in current-day WWE?

I can't disagree with anything you are saying. Like I said, I think it is a quality show with great matches. But I think part of what you said explains the issue. You can jump in at any time. That is because of the way the show is structured, and part of that makes it not feel "must-see", for lack of a better term. I have no desire to stay dedicated to it because my dedication doesn't feel rewarded. Like the only reason I continue to watch WWE right now is because of Mania season, and I know that no matter what, everything will build to that three month stretch. There is a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. LU just feels like matches and stories within a story that at the end of the day isn't going anywhere. Part of this also goes back to it being taped and directed the way it is. It's made to be a TV show and not a wrestling show, so it feels like it lacks the volatility that makes a wrestling show a "must-see" weekly thing.

I feel the exact opposite in every where. Lucha underground has payoffs , great matches and a title that means something. One of the most exciting wrestling shows out there.

Wwe is anti must see

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stro, Bootaaay, whoever else, I'd also like to say that Takayama is a FAR grumpier cunt than Nagata. He is the best grumpy cunt going. Grumpy because he's old, fat, and ugly. He's so grumpy that he can't even be bothered with your technical moves like Nagata. He'll just knee you in the face and frown.

And fuck up them young boys in the process.

gurudyne

There aren't any more (kinda) credible midcarders left, I guess? Maybe? I'm not really sure.

But Ambrose is just another one of those guys who had a lot of momentum at one point and then lost steam when he shouldn't have (WWE's MO).

Isn't that one of the "tests" that they supposedly do? Take someone who's unexpectedly over, stall their momentum and see if they are still over/can get back over?

If not, I figure they plan to treat him like Big Show or Bray Wyatt; he's got enough presence that they feel they can have him lose until they have a bigger program ready for him and have him bounce back from the losing streak.

you know what would have been a funny gimmick on john cena? a wolf of wall street gimmick or a boston cop gimmick. more of a boson street kid gimmick like in that one cop movie I can't remember it's name right now. but a mor enhanced serililzed hip hop gimmick that rips off eminem

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If not, I figure they plan to treat him like Big Show or Bray Wyatt; he's got enough presence that they feel they can have him lose until they have a bigger program ready for him and have him bounce back from the losing streak.

I think this was posted, literally word for word, about Cesaro last year.

rrc1594

you know what would have been a funny gimmick on john cena? a wolf of wall street gimmick or a boston cop gimmick. more of a boson street kid gimmick like in that one cop movie I can't remember it's name right now. but a mor enhanced serililzed hip hop gimmick that rips off eminem
I like it

tumblr_mepsct6CL81qg5hdfo1_500.gif

Some of these CFO$ lyrics are great man:

weewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewooweewoo

and

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudadadadadadadadadadaddadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada

YouTube comment of the day:

Batista should come back and join The New Day

JavyOO7

Two things I remember about Takayama... that incredible fight he had against that American and Kobashi going for the moonsault press hit Takayama square in the face with his knee. Ow. I loved that match though!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5 v 5 match but it's 1 v 1 rules. So winner stays, loser is replaced by the next member of their team. Kinda cool.

Deisuke Sekimoto sounds like a white frat boy when he screams. He could also german suplex 5 of me at once. Obata has the best theme in wrestling (besides Hayato)
DSC02585_zps91b1850c.jpg

Obata has a decent look and a lot of potential. Can't wait for NJPW to snipe him to be in the Jr Division then have him 'bulk up' to put him in the heavyweights.

Holy shit. I had never seen this Tanahasi/Okada match from WK7. What a match. And what a call by Ranallo and Barnett. I want New Japan to be on US TV forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom