• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I have to buy a new Xbox One instead of borrowing my brothers since he's moving out of town. Why is the Unity bundle cheaper than a regular one? because you're stuck with AC Unity?

Because Microsoft chopped the price on bundles until I think this week, and it replaced all normal Xbox Ones.

And also retailers are fire selling the shit out of it

Fox318

Finally finished Ambrose on Y2Js podcast.

Really interesting listening but he subtly states that the lowest of the low on the card is El Matadores

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember when Lego City Undercover came out and people were trying to buy it digitally and it was a huge nightmare. I went to Target, bought it, and was several hours into it the next day while people in the OT were still trying to download it.

And I'm as pro-digital as you can get.

It runs way better digitally, faster loads and considering that game's only real problem is its crazy loads...

I'm basically all digital on Wii U and its fine most of the time. SSB Preload went off fantastically and even the biggest games only take an hour or two to download and install.

I've got right around 20 games digitally and my only real complaint is no Nintendoland in North America because...reasons.

Well I guess I'll have to think about the digital shit then. I mean, I really don't want to change discs :p

Most of my 2014 has been more interest in video game history, playing old arcade games and old pinballs than anything else. I'm not even one of those 'man new games are teh suck'. I think it's more a getting older thing of 'these old games are so simple to jump into' like I can just play Robotron whenever wherever. I don't have to be in 'a mood.' The only games I got really addicted to this year was South Park and Sunset Overdrive. And Forza. Barely touched my PS4 other than the GTA remake, which I played a lot of but obviously not near as much as when it first came out. I barely remember playing any other games this year on my new consoles for more than 5 minutes, and I've never been a Nintendo fan. I think Shadow or Mordor being such a big hit with everyone this year was kind of my moment of 'no, no it's the kids who are out of touch' because I thought that game was completely directionless ass and want no part of any games that are inspired by it in the future.

Could also be that I worked at a Gamestop for like 6 years, so I'm partially sick of games as that sucked it out of me completely.

I pretty much stopped playing games altogether in the summer. The holiday season came around and my friends kind of swayed me back into the usual stuff but it just does nothing for me. What you said about the arcade/pinball games is the case for me and Nintendo games. I know I'm gonna have a good time and there's minimal commitment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also discovered in 2014 that Banzai Run and NBA Fastbreak are the best pinball tables of all time. Fuck your overrated gimmicky Twilight Zone. Fuck it.

LMAO

Cole recapping Raw. Gets to the Big Show match from Raw a few weeks ago and says "and this was embarrassing for Roman Reigns" and he meant Raw from this week.

Fox318

I wonder if Cesaro will beat Santino's record for fastest elimination courtesy of one Roman Reigns.

Perhaps Cesaro will break the record by eliminating himself because it will be a funny joke due to how Swiss he is.
Lawler can make Timex jokes.
IwQzGkC.jpg

Cesaro wins the rumble on a technicality that he didn't go over the top rope, the FOURTH rope. Climbs back in the ring and tosses out a celebrating Roman.

They're actually addressing a lot of the criticisms people have with Reigns. He's getting longer matches and he's looked a lot more vulnerable.

Stop posting AKI gifs... they're making me depressed.

How come some game company hasn't come in and made a knock off version of their games? Easy money right there.

strobogo

Banned
The AKI stunner is still the best animation for that move to date. And fuck the LOW games. I don't know how they didn't get sued for using WWE promo pictures on their covers.

I'd like to see a tag finisher where one guy hits a big boot from one side and one guy hits a lariato from the other side at the same time.

Alucard

Banned
Man, Lana seems super confident and is totally cool with her body. Good for her.

Anything of note from today's Punk conference?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They are, in fact, quite excellent shop simulators.

Still not the future AKI should have had.

Considering the most popular wrestling promotion in the world can't even drum up enough interest to put out 2 games yearly like they wanted to? I'd say Aki is for the better working on a successful fashion franchise that is huge in Japan and fairly successful in America & Europe.

strobogo

Banned
Man, Lana seems super confident and is totally cool with her body. Good for her.

Anything of note from today's Punk conference?

Lana is hotter now that she's been hitting the Performance Center and doing squats. She should do those kind of shoots today. Got dang.

Not without an agreement with Nintendo.

They'd also need likeness rights to the roster and the rights to use Aki's engine. Or they can just do what they did with WrestleFest is re-use the name with goodwill attached to it and bastardize it to fit the modern roster and be done with it. I'd love for Syn Sophia to just lease out the engine so it could be used on an NJPW game, or something like All-Star Pro Wrestling or Wrestle Kingdom where you get a variety of rosters in one game. With so many companies existing, but struggling and not being strong enough for their own game, it could work to at least a small degree - and actually have a chance as a $20 release.

I didn't watch nxt until the last special they had so I missed out on the ascension in nxt.

They seem pretty bland, were they like that in nxt? I don't mind needed to warm up to them and giving them a shot but the debut on Monday seemed ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom