• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Taxi, Hydro Thunder, and Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2 are my fondest memories of the Dreamcast. I really liked Sonic Adventure at the time but it doesn't hold up at all today. Still play the first level with the whale from time to time though.
I'll add NBA/NFL/World Series 2K, Virtua Tennis, Virtua Fighter 3TB, Soul Calibur, Tech Romancer, Seaman, Project Justice, SF3: 3rd Strike, and everything else except the Acclaim ECW games.

UberTag

LTT3eGW.gif

PM Sent!
I hope the good news is that you submitted Barrett and not some no-name jobber that we'll all be ashamed to showcase.

mrboo001

Banned
The purpose of this is to keep our avatar being selected by someone who doesn't even post here and just lurk. I'm sorry it has to be this way, lurkers, but I feel since this is a true community event, it should favor those active in the community.

As a lurker, I'm fine with this. It would be pointless to submit something then never be seen posting with it.

Have fun everyone.

Heel

Man I miss Gaborn still, but some of these OT threads are just horrifying.

A different shade of horrifying, look into that "sexiest scenes with no nudity" thread for some real horrific folks. Some people are taking it normal, others are opening a window into a scary nightmare world of shit they used to beat off to as a child...and still do.

konnan1.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching WCCW most nights this week and really enjoyed it so far. Despite him rarely appearing I think 'The Spoiler' looks amazing. He comes across cool as hell.

Sadly, Michael Hayes is ruining things. His appearance in the Flair/Von Erich cage match as special referee is terrible, and at times appears to be overshadowing the action with his stupid antics. Also he's a terrible ref. I feel like he botches several spots with his goofy interference.

Totally disagree, I thought he was gold during all of it.

PM'd. Does it help my cause if:

1. I attempt to post the link to the Youtube video done last year for the Avatar Rumble Intro? Here (I hope)
  2. Admit that I watched some of the GWF Royal Rumble earlier (instead of watching Total Recall 2012)?

Sure. Good shit. GOOD shit.

Is the 2014 Avatar Rumble archived anywhere? I looked on twitch and couldn't find it :/

It's not, those fuckers removed "save this forever" stuff. :/

gurudyne

The Bunny is going to be involved in the Rumble match. You have to accept it. Vince needs his laughs. He'll either be in the match proper or he'll run in as a non-participant and eliminate Rose. They'll probably have a pool set up ringside that the Bunny can push him into as well so Rose can scowl and flail about while Vince laughs in the back and recounts his many madcap adventures pushing unaware saps into his pool to anyone within earshot.

I figure a better spot would be to have Rose enter early, get pushed over the top rope repeatedly but have the Adam Rose Express catch him each time. About ten people out, the bunny enters and the ARE catches them both until Rose tries to eliminate the bunny, the ARE catches him, then someone eliminates Rose for real.

Another idea: Kofi does his Rumble Spot early on, Rose comes out and Kofi gets ready to hit another Rumble Spot, but the ARE catch him mid-flight and eliminate him. Bonus: Big E and Xavier (in the ring) are so shocked at the anti-FnP nature of this, that they stand there, staring blankly at the ARE and are easily eliminated two seconds later by Rusev.

DMczaf

So here's the bad news.

I can't get my streaming setup to work with my old 360 anymore. It's dead. It's a shame, but it's dead and done.

This means I must stream the Avatar Rumble with WWE2k15, which is NOT ideal due to multiple reasons, the biggest being that it's capped at 30 entrants.

So we have a smaller pool this year. And I'm enacting a new rule.

We are a community of members who have spent time in Wrassle-GAF and gotten to know each other. Therefore, I will be taking entries from everyone, but we WILL hit the cap for 30 early and instead of cutting off submissions, post count will play a factor to see if you get a spot or not. The purpose of this is to keep our avatar being selected by someone who doesn't even post here and just lurk. I'm sorry it has to be this way, lurkers, but I feel since this is a true community event, it should favor those active in the community.

You may start PMing me your Avatar Rumble submissions now!

Dude, just buy a used 360 at Gamestop and return it after avatar rumble. Live that ratchet life!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, just buy a used 360 at Gamestop and return it after avatar rumble. Live that ratchet life!

It's not the 360 with the issue, it's my streaming hardware for consoles.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man I miss Gaborn still, but some of these OT threads are just horrifying.

A different shade of horrifying, look into that "sexiest scenes with no nudity" thread for some real horrific folks. Some people are taking it normal, others are opening a window into a scary nightmare world of shit they used to beat off to as a child...and still do.
Wow that thread is pushing it.

Browny

Banned
I figure a better spot would be to have Rose enter early, get pushed over the top rope repeatedly but have the Adam Rose Express catch him each time. About ten people out, the bunny enters and the ARE catches them both until Rose tries to eliminate the bunny, the ARE catches him, then someone eliminates Rose for real.

Another idea: Kofi does his Rumble Spot early on, Rose comes out and Kofi gets ready to hit another Rumble Spot, but the ARE catch him mid-flight and eliminate him. Bonus: Big E and Xavier (in the ring) are so shocked at the anti-FnP nature of this, that they stand there, staring blankly at the ARE and are easily eliminated two seconds later by Rusev.

Both of these are rather likely to occur.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see what Kofi can come up with this year; all his previous spots have been great to watch.

Also, I'm now watching Total Recall 2012 - is it worth it?

Alucard

Banned
I believe I've heard it referred to by Michael Cole as "A throw"

You motherfucker.

Flux Capacitor is one name...

Fucking double post - apologies...

Yeah, that's the name of Kaz's finisher in Ring of Honor too. Cool!

it's called Walking the Plank

Really? Never heard that before.

Looks like a spanish fly/springboard side slam. Sin Cara used to (unsuccessfully) do it

Yes! Spanish Fly! Thank you! Either that or Flux Capacitor, but I'm gonna go with Spanish Fly.

Alucard

Banned
That's enough wrestling thread for now. Going to clean the bathroom and finish up Fantasticamania afterwards.

Keep it fun and playful in here, guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Custom avatar rumble requests are closed. Feel free to pick from the main roster of the game.

So here's the bad news.

I can't get my streaming setup to work with my old 360 anymore. It's dead. It's a shame, but it's dead and done.

This means I must stream the Avatar Rumble with WWE2k15, which is NOT ideal due to multiple reasons, the biggest being that it's capped at 30 entrants.

So we have a smaller pool this year. And I'm enacting a new rule.

We are a community of members who have spent time in Wrassle-GAF and gotten to know each other. Therefore, I will be taking entries from everyone, but we WILL hit the cap for 30 early and instead of cutting off submissions, post count will play a factor to see if you get a spot or not. The purpose of this is to keep our avatar being selected by someone who doesn't even post here and just lurk. I'm sorry it has to be this way, lurkers, but I feel since this is a true community event, it should favor those active in the community.

You may start PMing me your Avatar Rumble submissions now!
Well now I have to look for a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom