• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
What is "Lucha Underground," strobo?

iV39hpBanWexI.gif

Alucard

Banned
Re-watching Sakuraba vs. Suzuki from WK9. Really wish we got more of these types of unique matches that feel like legit shoot fights.

Also, last night's Fantasticamania card was great. Seeing UG try is so fun.

Dorada/Sombra is gonna be great tonight!

Ultimo was great in that match, loved seeing the crowd going nuts for him at the end. Also, I don't know if it was just because they're old or whatever, but Atlantis & Ultimo totally showed up the other singles pairings on that show.

dream

The name "Lucha Underground" just reminds me a lot of "Wrestling Society X." How can a company like that, and a rinky dink promotion like ROH, afford Alberto El Patron when Viacom and Zuffa are having such a hard time signing him?

tm24

Ultimo was great in that match, loved seeing the crowd going nuts for him at the end. Also, I don't know if it was just because they're old or whatever, but Atlantis & Ultimo totally showed up the other singles pairings on that show.

Well to be fair to Volador Jr, that might have been Gran Guerrero's first single match. Gran is not that great of a worker and while he stepped up his game this tour, he's still meh at best.

Stuka and Mephisto doing a lazy ass match that would be on the tuesday show makes no sense though. i know Mephisto is capable of putting on a great match, but man did both those guys just mail it in

The name "Lucha Underground" just reminds me a lot of "Wrestling Society X." How can a company like that, and a rinky dink promotion like ROH, afford Alberto El Patron when Viacom and Zuffa are having such a hard time signing him?

Because they haven't signed him to an exclusive contract, so he can ply his trade the world over and make comparable money to what he was making in WWE, rather than making less money working for a single promotion not in WWE's league.

Stuka and Mephisto doing a lazy ass match that would be on the tuesday show makes no sense though. i know Mephisto is capable of putting on a great match, but man did both those guys just mail it in

I did like that one dive Stuka did, the torpedo thing.

*edit;

dTwSD91.gif

dream

I also just discovered that Alberto El Patron recently captured the "WWL" championship, which is represented with a familiar looking belt.

B6s9qJMIAAEVq9k.jpg

JavyOO7

I'd include the June Smackdown in '13 with Hell No and Orton vs The Shield. Pretty okay match at the beginning but then goes into over drive when Bryan takes over. Crowd gets into it too.

Alucard

Banned
So far this Fantasica event is kinda lukewarm. It needs more flips and flops. So far its been flops and hips :/

I'm on the main event now. I've enjoyed 4 of the 6 matches I've watched so far.

Can someone fill me in on the story between Ultimo Guerrero and Atlantis? Are these the two guys who had that mask vs. mask match 4-6 weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom