• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
About to watch Fantastica Mania. The gifs are making my eyes water. Them luchadores man...

In a good way or a bad way? Haha. There's some fun stuff in the first half of the show even if most of it is inconsequential. I think you'll enjoy Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero.

Lol if someone picks Del Rio 2011 can someone else pick Del Rio 2013?
thm-roster-2k15-albertorio-retro.jpg

Totally disagree, I thought he was gold during all of it.

I don't feel like he belongs there, perhaps I'm not appreciating what Michael Hayes did before his appearances in WCCW (if he did anything at all). The way he's throwing Von Erich and Flair around when breaking them up just seems... wrong. I was going to say it was like Shamrock reffing Austin/Hart, but Shamrock had that 'legit hardman' thing going for him.

What did you like?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know Del Rio did sign with LU. Very excited about this.

Just finished Foley's first book (have a nice day) and thought it was a pretty good read. Most of the early stories like the original dude love video were necessary but goddamn is it awkwardly told. Other than that it has some great stories, and Vince acts exactly how you would expect. He shits on Al Snow (as a joke), the Mean Street Posse (not as a joke), and WCW (DEFINITELY not as a joke) every couple of pages. Also the book is laid out almost exactly like The Rock's, so probably the same publisher/editor/whatever.

T.A.L

Watched Smackdown for the first time since Bryan was out. It was ok. King sucks still. Gonna check out the NJPW AXS show after I finish true detective. This show man.

"Hey bruh, why are you scaring kids, bruh?"

I have submitted my request for the Avatar Rumble.

Lucha Underground, NJPW on AXS, and NXT are more than fully meeting my wrestling needs. The weird part is that I have to carve out time for wrestling again after having access to those hours back because I don't watch Impact, Raw, or Smackdown.

Just finished Foley's first book (have a nice day) and thought it was a pretty good read. Most of the early stories like the original dude love video were necessary but goddamn is it awkwardly told. Other than that it has some great stories, and Vince acts exactly how you would expect. He shits on Al Snow (as a joke), the Mean Street Posse (not as a joke), and WCW (DEFINITELY not as a joke) every couple of pages. Also the book is laid out almost exactly like The Rock's, so probably the same publisher/editor/whatever.

Rock's book was so weird by comparison, one second it's like a genuine retelling of his life, the next he's in character keeping that kayfabe alive with passages of Rock like promos, it's so jarring to be switching back and forth on the fly.
Foley's first book is probably my favourite of the wrestler biographies I've read, sorry Big Dave Batista.

JavyOO7

Sunny Mac, you taking entries yet?

Earlier on... =p

So here's the bad news.

I can't get my streaming setup to work with my old 360 anymore. It's dead. It's a shame, but it's dead and done.

This means I must stream the Avatar Rumble with WWE2k15, which is NOT ideal due to multiple reasons, the biggest being that it's capped at 30 entrants.

So we have a smaller pool this year. And I'm enacting a new rule.

We are a community of members who have spent time in Wrassle-GAF and gotten to know each other. Therefore, I will be taking entries from everyone, but we WILL hit the cap for 30 early and instead of cutting off submissions, post count will play a factor to see if you get a spot or not. The purpose of this is to keep our avatar being selected by someone who doesn't even post here and just lurk. I'm sorry it has to be this way, lurkers, but I feel since this is a true community event, it should favor those active in the community.

You may start PMing me your Avatar Rumble submissions now!

Daniel Bryan's 15 favorite matches he's ever had

No particular order:

- John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan — WWE Championship Match (SummerSlam 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton — WWE App Vote Street Fight (Raw; June 24, 2013)
- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan — WWE Championship Match (Over the Limit 2012)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Takeshi Morishima — Fight Without Honor (Ring of Honor Final Battle 2008)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins - WWE App Vote Match (Raw; June 10, 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro (Raw, July 22, 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Nigel McGuinness (Ring of Honor Unified 2006)
- Daniel Bryan vs. KENTA (Ring of Honor Glory By Honor 2006)
- Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal (‘WWE Superstars’, November 11, 2011)
- Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield — Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match (WWE TLC 2012)
- Team Hell No & The Undertaker vs. The Shield (Raw, April 22, 2013)
- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan — 2-out-of-3 Falls World Heavyweight Championship Match (Extreme Rules 2012)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (WrestleMania 30)
- Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Batista — Triple Threat WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match (WrestleMania 30)
- Robbie Brookside vs. Daniel Bryan — EWP Intercontinental Championship Match (EWP Gilde Wrestling Festival 2003 — Tag 3)

The last one has the best story:

“A match that nobody will ever be able to see but was one of my favorite matches I’ve ever done was against Robbie Brookside, who’s a trainer now down in NXT, in 2003 in Germany. In Germany they had these tournaments that would go on for weeks. And Robbie had talked to the promoter — he was the champion at the time — he said, ‘I’d like to bring Bryan in for just one match, just a title match.’ And the guy went, ‘I don’t know. He’s small.’ And Robbie said, ‘No, he’sreally, reallygood.’

They do rounds systems [in Germany], so we went out there and I want to say it was a match that was 10 rounds [Editor’s Note: Close. Brookside retained in Round 9]. And after the match the promoter went up to Robbie and said, ‘You were right, this guy was great.’ It was just one of those things where Robbie Brookside helped train me, he helped me be the wrestler that I am today. It’s also one of those moments where people don’t think you can do it, and then you come in and the promoter is like, ‘Holy cow, he is what you said he was.’ And that was really cool.”

Rock's book was so weird by comparison, one second it's like a genuine retelling of his life, the next he's in character keeping that kayfabe alive with passages of Rock like promos, it's so jarring to be switching back and forth on the fly.
Foley's first book is probably my favourite of the wrestler biographies I've read, sorry Big Dave Batista.

i really liked reading foley's thought process behind his characters and promos

So I am getting ready to order some dvds and I'm looking for some thoughts. I am planning on ordering 2 events and trying to find the best NOAH, AJPW, Zero 1, Big Japan, Wrestle 1 or DDT event from 2014. Leaning towards NOAH Global league finals but not sure on the 2nd one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rumble entries are closed 100% until further notice.

tm24

Man, i'm sad that i missed the avatar rumble :(

Also, last night's Fantasticamania card was great. Seeing UG try is so fun.

Dorada/Sombra is gonna be great tonight!

Also, i don't know why you people are surprised that there's a new Bullet Club member. They did it last year too. It's just an excuse to sell Latin America Bullet Club tees. Last year it was Terrible, this year it's Mephisto, next year is probably Hechicero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom