• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, that match was a lot of fun. Enjoyed the comedy and everything.

iBkNls7y760AN.gif

Anth0ny

WWE.com feature: Daniel Bryan's top 15 matches

Surprisingly not limited to WWE matches.

Here's what he had to say about his match with Cesaro:

BRYAN SAID: “Being able to go out there with [Cesaro] and just wrestle in front of the WWE crowd and [having] them really be into it … it’s a different style than most WWE [Superstars] who come through NXT. It’s a different style of wrestling for those who have been on the independents and wrestled each other for years. And I really like that.”

I can understand them changing Claudio (or Antonio) to Cesaro, but they really changed wrestlers to superstars, huh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RP912, I highly recommend watching this. It's fantastic. Six bad assssssses.

Watched what I believe was the main event for 1990's "Crash the Super Heavy" event - this translation is great.

Match was Masa Saito, Shinya Hashimoto and Kitao Koji vs "Big Bang Bader & Crusher", Bam Bam Bigelow and Steve Williams and GODDDDDDDD DAAAAAAMNNNNN did this match deliver.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00093_1_1

Crowd is insane for Hashimoto. Insane for Saito's hulk-ups. BANANAS for Koji's strikes. It's 26 minutes long but ends around the 22 minute mark because there's an extended brawl scene. Vader looks incredible. Bigelow looks ehh. Williams looks like he's on coke. It's worth watching. Thumbs WAY up. It was fantastic. All 3 on each team had ample time to breathe due to it being a six man tag and it went a long way, nobody ever looked slow or like they were running out of gas. Absolutely tremendous and I can't recommend it enough.

Verendus

Banned
1 week until the Roman Rumble.

I'm hoping Reigns makes it rain 15 eliminations on his way to the victory. I want him in there from number one.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Fantasticamania from last night and wrote a review.

NJPW Fantasticamania Results and Review January 18, 2015

Thought this show peaked with the pre-intermission match between Volador Jr. and Gran Guerrero. The stuff after intermission went like this for me:

1) Bad match with an out-of-shape Stuka Jr.
2) A mailed-in match by the NJPW Big Three
3) A pretty good main event that I couldn't get invested in because I didn't know the story going in

Still worth checking out for the first half of the show, the Volador Jr. match in particular, and to see the New Japan guys in lucha form.

Some gifs and pics...

Mistico aka Sin Cara, ladies and gentlemen.
MisticoPolbora.gif

IT WAS ME, AUSTIN
Guerrero-Unmasks.gif

Nakamura
NakamuraMask.gif

Super impressive skill
Triton-Barbaro-Dive.gif

Team Fun 'n' Playful
Naito-La-Sombra-Taguchi.jpg

RP912

Banned
I'm slowly becoming a mark for Taguchi. Dude reminds me of a cross between beefcake (minus the fuckery) and Norman Smiley.

JavyOO7

Always thought that the Real American video was something a fan did way back and not a WWE production. Legit shook, I am. Perfect blend of cringe and amazing.

Verendus

Banned
Orton
Wyatt
Reigns
Bryan
Ambrose

This is actually a better Rumble than last year where you had Batista and Punk only. This year you have five established stars. Maybe Rollins will enter the Rumble after losing too.

Take what you can I suppose even if it's still shit compared to 2008 and other Rumbles.

Carnby

I bought an 802.11ac WiFi router and Amazon Fire TV (which supports 5Ghz) for WWE Network PPVs. I'm getting a new modem this week. All together this will cost me $350.

If I see any more skipping during PPVs I'll be really really really annoyed.

Orton
Wyatt
Reigns
Bryan
Ambrose

This is actually a better Rumble than last year where you had Batista and Punk only. This year you have five established stars. Maybe Rollins will enter the Rumble after losing too.

Take what you can I suppose even if it's still shit compared to 2008 and other Rumbles.

Excuse me, last year you had Sheamus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom