• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
fnp.gif

More fun, more playful

JavyOO7

I bought an 802.11ac WiFi router and Amazon Fire TV (which supports 5Ghz) for WWE Network PPVs. I'm getting a new modem this week. All together this will cost me $350.

If I see any more skipping during PPVs I'll be really really really annoyed.

How fast is your Internet? I have Xfinity Comcast with 50 mbps and there hasn't been any skipping since I upgraded to that speed. Connected by ethernet too.

Bret Hart said:
CM Punk, is an exceptional talent who's really raised the bar in the last few years. I don't know how many wrestlers in the past few years that I can say that about. In wrestling there's a lot of repeat, not a lot of innovation but Punk raised the bar and Daniel Bryan is a great talent too. He reminds me of Owen, a quiet kid who's very talented. I love the way he wrestles, he does a lot that Owen did, like the dropkicks off the top, the nip-ups, there's a lot of little Owen traits in everything Bryan does.

Man, wearing Bret's colors goes along way with him, doesn't it?

What bar did Punk raise? I am genuinely asking.

If anything I would say Bryan & The Shield changed the audience's perception of what to expect from matches.

strobogo

Banned
Punk raised the bar and let the audience know that you didn't need to be athletic or in shape to go toe to toe with Brock Lesnar, allowing the possibility of the diminutive Danny Bryan vs Brock Lesnar for Wrestlemania.

JavyOO7

Wait... WWE network doesn't support Chromecast?

I don't need my PS4 friends list knowing how much time I waste looking at wrestling.

According to their FAQ page...

WWE Network can be viewed on your TV using Google Chromecast and the Google Chrome browser on your desktop or laptop computer. There is not a Chromecast-compatible app for WWE Network available at this time.

http://www.wwe.com/help

EDIT: Ahh, I guess you mean natively with its own app? Nah, they don't have that yet I don't think.

Punk raised the bar and let the audience know that you didn't need to be athletic or in shape to go toe to toe with Brock Lesnar, allowing the possibility of the diminutive Danny Bryan vs Brock Lesnar for Wrestlemania.

Pfft.

Love him or hate him, Daniel Bryan is indirectly better off because of him. And you cannot 'hate' Daniel Bryan.

It just popped into my head but has there been anyone who got a bigger push than Brock did is in his 1st year? Beat Show, Hogan, Rock, Taker, was supposed to beat Austin, became the youngest champion, won KOTR, won the Rumble, and headlined Wrestlemania.

That is fucking ridiculous, I wonder how the internet reacted back then.

It just popped into my head but has there been anyone who got a bigger push than Brock did is in his 1st year? Beat Show, Hogan, Rock, Taker, was supposed to beat Austin, became the youngest champion, won KOTR, won the Rumble, and headlined Wrestlemania.

That is fucking ridiculous, I wonder how the internet reacted back then.

Most people liked Brock. His weaknesses were hidden, and he was an awesome wrestler right out of the gate.

I hung out on the WrestleZone and GamingRing forums back then.

RP912

Banned
This makes me so sad that WWE can't afford to have him on Raw every week doing funny shenanigans :(

Heel Bork with mic work was the best Bork.

On another note the main event to Fantasica, Gran/Volador, and the 6 man tag match with Naito were probably the best matches that event offered. Hopefully tomorrows event is a little bit better because this one seems on the dry side.

They just played Voodoo Child returning to the Packers game. That song is 100% attached to Hogan for me so I was looking for him to enter the game.

Thinking about a random rumble to watch after this. Any suggestions?

RP912

Banned
They just played Voodoo Child returning to the Packers game. That song is 100% attached to Hogan for me so I was looking for him to enter the game.

Rumble 97 never gets the love it deserves. Watch that one :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

2013 or 1992

Alucard

Banned
Heel Bork with mic work was the best Bork.

On another note the main event to Fantasica, Gran/Volador, and the 6 man tag match with Naito were probably the best matches that event offered. Hopefully tomorrows event is a little bit better because this one seems on the dry side.

Agreed. I thought nothing touched the Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero match. I really feel the show peaked before intermission.

It will ... you have to believe.

I don't know how to feel about this, so many mixed emotions, he really should be retiring from in ring at this point (as should Big Show for that matter) but seeing that he's my all time favourite I'd hope for a send off better than what he'll probably get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom