• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Lex Luger was SUPER over in 1996/1997 WCW despite being even more limited then than he was in 1993-1994 WWF.

The Torture Rack was incredibly over as well. Super weird, yet fun to watch. I wish I could get to him beating Hogan on Nitro but... well, you all know why... ;_;

Mengetsu

It's Monday!!!

oobvdd.gif

Kinda looking forward to Raw tonight.

F9XrNht.jpg

5D0buTv.jpg

Just watched Nagata vs. Chris Hero from NOAH and hot damn do the Japanese love them some Chris Hero. The crowds reactions to everything made this match so much fun.

Hero really understands how to work for a Japanese crowd, which shouldn't be surprising given how much of a wrestling geek he is. Would love to see him booked in Japan more regularly.

strobogo

Banned
I was out doing some light errand work when I had the radio on to my local talk station (which happens to be a FOX News affiliate). The host was talking about the attack on masculinity in sports, the NFL specifically. You see, all this concussion talk is bunk, and he has seen no studies from the highest places that concussions negatively impact later life any more than general life. It's just an attack on masculinity. As is benching the Colts player who was accused of rape. There is no probable cause, so it is an attack on masculinity to not let him play. And who knows, the Colts might have won if there wasn't an attack on masculinity. Roger Goodell punishing Ray Rice the first time without any proof was an attack on masculinity. Punishing him the second time far more harshly due to public pressure was an attack on masculinity. Because....Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son and then bailed out of the story when the FACTS came out.

ibdOajcEq1Ygh6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HD webcam ordered, since my 'hd' one is dogshit. I spent $43 on this community for the Avatar Rumble, we'd better get a GREAT winner!

2k14 it is!

Get hyped for 2k14 friends

40 man rumbles!
Entrance music!

And more!

Sephzilla

It wasn't, Lacy should have busted through eight men in the box and broke tackles with ease in the waning minutes.

McCarthy apparently said post-game that he didn't think they'd need to score a lot of points to win this game. It's like he completely forgot that Seattle dropped 36 points on them last time they played. The guy is an idiot.

Mengetsu

HD webcam ordered, since my 'hd' one is dogshit. I spent $43 on this community for the Avatar Rumble, we'd better get a GREAT winner!

2k14 it is!

Get hyped for 2k14 friends

40 man rumbles!
Entrance music!

And more!

Is it too late to enter? And if so what are the rules again same as last year?

RP912

Banned
NWA Ringside just went up - watch the NWA highlight show.

Featuring some dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeOveKXTtzQ

It'a a shame how far the NWA has fallen but I'm glad this exists.

thanks. I just wish there was a huge financial breakthrough for that company like Turner saying fuck it I'm back in the wrasslin business or Dana White saying fuck it, I'm going to tackle wrestling too :D. It's unfortunate that a company with so much history behind it is lower than a fucking indy company. It's like a cruel joke or something.

I get a bunch of backyarders on twitter retweeting my gifs and talking about how they're going to do the moves at their next show - they've just been introduced to Mascara Dorada and seem to be planning to attempt a rope walk hurricanrana. Someone's gonna die.

Cagey

Banned
Was my entry received? I sent it about 3 minutes after your post but my phone fails to show a sent message in my GAF inbox.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was my entry received? I sent it about 3 minutes after your post but my phone fails to show a sent message in my GAF inbox.

No, mobile PMs are fucked up and almost never working. I received nothing.

I get a bunch of backyarders on twitter retweeting my gifs and talking about how they're going to do the moves at their next show - they've just been introduced to Mascara Dorada and seem to be planning to attempt a rope walk hurricanrana. Someone's gonna die.

Funnily enough this is just according to keikaku. I know how you are Boots.

"Sure, get video of it and I'll gif it!"
7wnHQKf.gif

strobogo

Banned

Blood is on your hands.

McCarthy apparently said post-game that he didn't think they'd need to score a lot of points to win this game. It's like he completely forgot that Seattle dropped 36 points on them last time they played. The guy is an idiot.
What's funny is he coached to win last week, throwing on 3rd downs to Adams and Cobb to get first downs in the final minutes but then yesterday he panicked and coached like a total B+ player.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to know what people think are going to happen with these people, on Sunday:

- Roman Reigns
- Seth Rollins and his MITB case
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

Tell me what YOU think is in the cards for their road to Wrestlemania.

Rollins and Heyman will betray Brock to get Rollins the title.
Reigns will eliminate Daniel Bryan from the Rumble and cement a heel turn.
Rollins vs who the fuck wins the Rumble?! Cena?

I need to know what people think are going to happen with these people, on Sunday:

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- Daniel Bryan

Haven't people been constantly talking about these things for the last few months now?

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- Daniel Bryan

Bryan vs Brock championship match
Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose triple threat for the briefcase

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't people been constantly talking about these things for the last few months now?

Yep, but now it's crunchtime. Now we find out what the fuck is actually happening as the plans move forward. And where does Sting fit into all this? Still pulling for Sting/HHH.

Will the MITB cash-in get ruined?

Sephzilla

What's funny is he coached to win last week, throwing on 3rd downs to Adams and Cobb to get first downs in the final minutes but then yesterday he panicked and coached like a total B+ player.

I can at least take solace in knowing that Rodgers pretty much straight up called out McCarthy after the game in his post game press conference.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boy, it would be pretty dope if the Mania main event were Dean vs Seth-kun vs Roman. Roman can rest a lot and hit big moves. Having the Shield go from a unified team one year to in the main event would be some fantasy-ass booking.

imBask

Banned

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

Cena pins Rollins
Reigns wins the rumble
Kane/Big Show/someone we don't care about eliminates Bryan
Crowd turns on the rumble winner for a second year in a row

I laugh and cry at the same time

Fox318

I'd be fine with never seeing Reigns again.

With his moveset and belly he's better off working at a bouncer for a small bar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We do have a prime position for someone needing to either turn complete heel OR look super strong in the Bryan elimination. I would enjoy Bryan winning the Rumbel, but I think it's a valuable spot to cement a heel turn or make a fantastic feud with Bryan. That's why I think Roman will do it - he's not working as a face and Bryan absolutely can make him look strong.

Browny

Banned

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

I was going to say multi-man match for the title at Mania - but then of course they did that last year (to erase the memory of the last triple threat match).

Bryan / Reigns co-win Rumble
Lesnar retains
Orton screws Rollins at RR
Taker announces retirement, but calls out Cena for his last match (first time Taker has challenged someone at WM - every other time, he's been challenged by someone else)

Wild stab in the dark WM card:

Lesnar / Bryan / Reigns triple threat
Cena / Rusev (or Taker)
Rollins / Orton

I haven't been paying attention to WWE, so I don't know what's going on really - Bryan wins the Rumble is my pick, mainly because I can't see them having Reigns eliminate Bryan.

Blood is on your hands.

Perhaps I should post a series of deathmatch botch gifs to give them a lesson in consequences and the importance of prompt medical care.

Funnily enough this is just according to keikaku. I know how you are Boots.

"Sure, get video of it and I'll gif it!"

HAH, this is pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom