• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
My official prediction is henceforth:

Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble
John Cena wins the three way, pinning Rollins.
Brock, unhappy in losing and by Paul's bidding, destroys Cena.
Rollins cashes in, and leaves as champion.

Brock vs Bryan still happens, non-title.
Rollins vs Reigns
Cena gets a rematch at Fast Lane for the title but is screwed by Rusev.
Rusev vs Cena at Mania is set.

Sephzilla

I need to know what people think are going to happen with these people, on Sunday:

- Roman Reigns
- Seth Rollins and his MITB case
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

Tell me what YOU think is in the cards for their road to Wrestlemania.

Rollins and Heyman will betray Brock to get Rollins the title.
Reigns will eliminate Daniel Bryan from the Rumble and cement a heel turn.
Rollins vs who the fuck wins the Rumble?! Cena?

All I can tell you is that I think Brock walks out champ and Bryan wins the rumble. There's absolutely no way in hell Brock doesn't go to Mania with the belt - otherwise The Streak is entirely wasted as is Summer Slam.

- Rollins eats a pin from Brock
- Bryan wins the Rumble
- Roman is probably screwed over by Big Show and gets eliminated that way
- Rollins might cash in and lose
- Cena whines because he never lost

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev eliminating Bryan could also be a heck of a program. I'd love to see those two wrassle for a few months.

imBask

Banned
All I can tell you is that I think Brock walks out champ and Bryan wins the rumble. There's absolutely no way in hell Brock doesn't go to Mania with the belt - otherwise The Streak is entirely wasted as is Summer Slam.

think about it for a second

would you REALLY be THAT surprised if they were dumb enough to give the belt to Cena and screw the streak storyline?

would you?

XenoRaven

I need to know what people think are going to happen with these people, on Sunday:

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

Reigns - Looks strong, wins Rumble
Rollins - Gets pinned, keeps MITB case
Lesnar - Loses title
Cena - Gains title
Bryan - Eliminated by Kane, or possibly Rusev if we're dreaming big

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

To be real serious for a moment; I honestly think they are that dumb to repeat history again. God I hope Brock goes over. Orton can prevent a cash-in afterwards.

Rusev eliminating Bryan could also be a heck of a program. I'd love to see those two wrassle for a few months.

I'll take it!

Mengetsu

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- Daniel Bryan

My wishes. Cena vs Brock vs Rollins ends in Cena pinning Rollins for the Championship. Brock is furious and gives the beatdown of a lifetime to Cena and then leaves giving Rollins the cash in he's been waiting for. Rollins wins and becomes Champion.

RR winner would be Bryan and him and Rollins fight for the Championship at WM31.

My fears. Cena beats Brock and goes to WM as the Champion and the winner is Roman where the two cut promos for the next 2 months on each other.

Bonus Roman wins the RR and Rollins wins via Cash in and Ambrose weasels his way into the Championship match where it becomes a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship and closing the chapter on The Shields storyline.

Aiii

So not worth it

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

-Reigns: Will come out #1, beat his eliminations record and gets eliminated by a heel at second to last elimination. He will be the guy to face Rusev at Mania
-Rollins cashes in and leaves the Rumble as champion
-Brock Lesnar will lose the belt and gets his rematch clause match at Mania.
-John Cena gets a rematch for the title at the February PPV or on a random Raw and I literally have no clue what to do with him afterwards.
-Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble and faces Rollins and Brock at Mania for the belt, maybe Cena too.

The only thing I'm fairly certain about is Bryan winning the Rumble, but even then it's more a 75% certainty thing.

It's hard to call, this Mania. I don't see them pushing through with Reigns right now, but who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be real serious for a moment; I honestly think they are that dumb to repeat history again. God I hope Brock goes over. Orton can prevent a cash-in afterwards.

I don't think they will, which is the one big thing keeping me from assuming Bryan will be in the main event at Mania. I feel you CAN build a very strong feud and make Bryan's story fun and interesting for people even without the title involved. Bryan vs an undefeated monster in Rusev could be that ticket...

Sephzilla

think about it for a second

would you REALLY be THAT surprised if they were dumb enough to give the belt to Cena and screw the streak storyline?

would you?

Ugh, you're probably right.

This is ultimately why I know Rollins isn't walking out with the belt at Royal Rumble. There's no way the WrestleMania main event doesn't have either Brock or Cena involved.

- Roman Reigns
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

- Roman Reigns: Fuck if I care. Feed him Big Show at Mania.
- Seth Rollins and his MITB case: Should cash in Monday after Mania. Build him to an Ambrose rematch at Mania.
- Brock Lesnar: Win triple threat, face Bryan at Mania.
- John Cena: Rusev.
- Daniel Bryan: Win Rumble, face Bork at Mania.

My official prediction is henceforth:

Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble
John Cena wins the three way, pinning Rollins.
Brock, unhappy in losing and by Paul's bidding, destroys Cena.
Rollins cashes in, and leaves as champion.

Brock vs Bryan still happens, non-title.
Rollins vs Reigns
Cena gets a rematch at Fast Lane for the title but is screwed by Rusev.
Rusev vs Cena at Mania is set.

I want to also say I think this could be swapped. Bryan vs Rollins for the title, Reigns vs Brock.

Vinny Mac, I want your thoughts on this. Does beating Brock mean more than winning the title?

imBask

Banned
I want to also say I think this could be swapped. Bryan vs Rollins for the title, Reigns vs Brock.

Vinny Mac, I want your thoughts on this. Does beating Brock mean more than winning the title?

Bryan vs Rollins at mania FOR THE TITLE is wishful thinking, not happening under Vince, no way

Browny

Banned
Bryan vs Rollins at mania FOR THE TITLE is wishful thinking, not happening under Vince, no way

Bingo. Can't have vanilla midgets headlining MY SHOW, DAMMIT.

4-way of Brock, Roman, Cena, Bryan sounds good though... Rollins and Ambrose need their final match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know about more, but it can totally be comparable at the least. I mean, you look at "is beating Brock better than being Brock with the belt" and that answer is no, but at the same time, Brock IS an unstoppable monster (and more credible than Rusev, sadly) - and Bryan vs The Beast would be an excellent match regardless of the stakes, and those two can absolutely sell it.

Reigns vs Brock though? Something about that just seems completely wrong. I can't tell you how disinterested I would be. I don't think they could sell that program to me to make me care, at all.

Bork's gonna get fucked at Rumble, I think, with those "spoilers" out there advertising John Cena as champion. I think Bork vs Rollins is a possible thing, but would need Bork turning face for it. Which I don't think would be tough, but it feels so wasted. "Here, a quick face turn right before you leave" what?

Confirmed participants in the Royal Rumble:

* Fernando
* Diego
* Fandango
* Justin Gabriel
* Goldust
* Stardust
* Big Show
* Kane
* Daniel Bryan
* Dean Ambrose
* Bray Wyatt
* Bad News Barrett
* Roman Reigns
* Rusev

This assumes Bryan wins the match against Kane on Smackdown

Sephzilla

I do think it's possible we'll get a Luger/Bret scenario where Bryan and Roman simultaneously eliminate each other and then get some crazy double main event for WrestleMania. The crowd will still boo the fuck out of Roman if Bryan doesn't win it straight up though.

Rollins isn't going into WrestleMania as champ while Vince has any say in it. We'll get either Brock or Cena as champ after the Rumble. I have to imagine people are telling Vince by now that Roman isn't ready and that he'd get booed out of the building if he wins the Rumble and Bryan doesn't. I could legit believe Vince holds off on Roman winning in order to protect him from getting Batista'd.

WM31 main event = Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar

I don't know about more, but it can totally be comparable at the least. I mean, you look at "is beating Brock better than being Brock with the belt" and that answer is no, but at the same time, Brock IS an unstoppable monster (and more credible than Rusev, sadly) - and Bryan vs The Beast would be an excellent match regardless of the stakes, and those two can absolutely sell it.

Reigns vs Brock though? Something about that just seems completely wrong. I can't tell you how disinterested I would be. I don't think they could sell that program to me to make me care, at all.

Bork's gonna get fucked at Rumble, I think, with those "spoilers" out there advertising John Cena as champion. I think Bork vs Rollins is a possible thing, but would need Bork turning face for it. Which I don't think would be tough, but it feels so wasted. "Here, a quick face turn right before you leave" what?

I think turning Brock before Mania is a big mistake. Let a top face beat him. I mean, not Roman. That match... I don't expect to be good or get over. I don't want to see it.

Guys, a word of warning: Don't make any more Kevin Nash Quad jokes. I did one two days ago and my Quad's pulled. I'm probably one of the lucky ones.

Browny

Banned
I think Bork vs Rollins is a possible thing, but would need Bork turning face for it. Which I don't think would be tough, but it feels so wasted. "Here, a quick face turn right before you leave" what?

Brock doesn't need an actual turn - he was getting pops from the crowd when he was turning up and handing out ass-whuppins. Just let his whuppins do the talking, and the crowd will react accordingly.

The big question - who is going to be standing tall at the end of Raw tonight?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think turning Brock before Mania is a big mistake. Let a top face beat him. I mean, not Roman. That match... I don't expect to be good or get over. I don't want to see it.

I agree. It can be done, for instance, throwing Dean on Brock's side but none of it really makes sense and I just am not interested in a clearly face Brock unless he pulls something incredible out of his ass.

Reigns, as promising as he is despite his dogshit material he's had to work with, I just really don't want to see yet. Not yet.

Sephzilla

Confirmed participants in the Royal Rumble:

* Fernando
* Diego
* Fandango
* Justin Gabriel

* Goldust
* Stardust
* Big Show
* Kane

* Daniel Bryan
* Dean Ambrose
* Bray Wyatt
* Bad News Barrett
* Roman Reigns
* Rusev

This assumes Bryan wins the match against Kane on Smackdown

I'm pretty sure you can write in Kofi Kingston in there too.

Ugh, this Rumble is going to be disappointing isn't it?

I don't think Reigns will get the Batista treatment.

He definitely will if he wins.

Mengetsu

The main thing is though...if Rollins holds on to his MITB till the night after WM does he cash in on someone like Bryan, Roman or a Cena fresh off their win and fails? I can't see him failing his cash in after all the building up.

Alvarez's idea last night was this (mainly because Bryan beat Kane in the trios match on Smackdown):

Bryan loses to Kane on Smackdown because of Authority shenanigans, so he is officially out of the Rumble.

In the Rumble match, the three fired participants enter.

Then Bryan comes out at #30. Wins.

Vince McMahon was behind the reinstatement and he is here to stop the Authority once and for all, because that's a story they've been wanting to tell for a long time now.

Me, personally. I think that's a tremendously shitty idea.

I wish they'd substitute jobbers in the Rumble for surprise entrants. No one gives a shit about guys like Gabriel, but at least a veteran would get a good pop (assuming the crowd actually knows who they are).

Ugh, this Rumble is going to be disappointing isn't it?

Yes. Because that's every Rumble, they're fun matches but never, ever live up to expectations.

Sephzilla

The main thing is though...if Rollins holds on to his MITB till the night after WM does he cash in on someone like Bryan,Roman or a Cena and fails? I can't see him failing his cash in after all the building up.

I think he can eat a MITB loss and be fine, honestly. He's easily the company's top heel and has The Authority backing him so he could get more title shots even after a failed cash in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd substitute jobbers in the Rumble for surprise entrants. No one gives a shit about guys like Gabriel, but at least a veteran would get a good pop (assuming the crowd actually knows who they are).

I'm kind of torn. I mean, I like the idea of a surprise entrant instead of poor Fernando, for instance.

I did listen to the LAW this morning and they threw out the possibility that as a callback to classic tag teams, the Ascension might be #1 and #2 ala Demolition. I don't like that idea but I'm sure we'll see them both in the Ramble.

XenoRaven

Yes. Because that's every Rumble, they're fun matches but never, ever live up to expectations.
It's Fujiwara's time to shine again!

Btw I just looked at Fujiwara's Wikipedia and some asshole used a pic from WK9.

Mengetsu

I think he can eat a MITB loss and be fine, honestly. He's easily the company's top heel and has The Authority backing him so he could get more title shots even after a failed cash in.
I guess but it would still feel kinda cheap way out. Well at least this is unpredictable.

Sephzilla

Agreed. I'd rather have surprise entrances from veterans rather than seeing people who realistically have no chance of winning the rumble. Ideally the Rumble should be filled with people who could realistically have a shot at the title. Fernando, Diego, Fandango, Gabriel, Big Show, Kane, Kofi, Goldust, Stardust, and probably Ambrose are all not in that realm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I'd rather have surprise entrances from veterans rather than seeing people who realistically have no chance of winning the rumble.

Depends on the veteran.

Fujiwara at WK9 was amazing. Sasuke at WK9 was amazing. But neither were going to be winners.

I just don't know. I like the idea that every entrant DOES have a shot. So it'd have to be a decent vet. Like Bookah.

I hate the "one of the announcers!" spot.
I hate the sad veteran who gets a few people to say "you still got it" when you don't.

Browny

Banned
I just don't know. I like the idea that every entrant DOES have a shot. So it'd have to be a decent vet. Like Bookah.

We see Bookah every week now. Same with JBL. RVD and Jericho are not reall surprises in the big scheme of things. Needs to be a proper blast from the past.

Dudleys (somehow), Scott Hall? Jake... DDP!

Depends on the veteran.

Fujiwara at WK9 was amazing. Sasuke at WK9 was amazing. But neither were going to be winners.

I hate the sad veteran who gets a few people to say "you still got it" when you don't.

Nash was a sad entrant last year. He moved so slow.

Sephzilla

Depends on the veteran.

Veterans I'd be cool with seeing in the Rumble:

-Booker T
-HHH
-Taker
-Nash
-X-Pac
-Vader
-DDP
-Dudley Boyz
-
CM Punk
-Hogan (maybe? he'd get a huge pop at least)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, 1999 lived up to every expectation I could possibly have for a Rumble, so there's always one.

0KTRFKS.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So when does the Rumble OT usually go up?

I figure whoever is doing the Rumble OT should post it up tomorrow, or after Raw. Definitely not before Raw.

We'll do a lot of our Avatar Rumble talk in there as well.

Hasney

Was awesome. Storyline running all the way through, so obvious Austin would win the Rumble after he came back, but SWERVE, Vinny Mac actually wins it.

I still think Santino should have eliminated Del Rio. He could have gotten the WM shot back and it would have added to the "anyone can win" line from there on.
-Hogan (maybe? he'd get a huge pop at least)

He'd have to win because of his back
... And the fact it's fucking Hogan.

XenoRaven

I can't wait for Bryan to eliminate Kane and then have Kane get mad and get back in the ring and start beating on Bryan and then when Kane is just about to throw Bryan out of the ring...

DUH NUH NUH

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT"

Cole - "Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa...that's...that's Snitsky!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom