• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

He'd have to win because of his back
... And the fact it's fucking Hogan.

Final two of the Rumble are Bryan and Hogan. Hogan starts hulking up and Bryan just goes "fuck that" and delivers The Knee that Destroyed Hulkamania. Bryan then eliminates Hogan, kills Hulkamania, and Bobby Heenan comes out to congratulate Daniel Bryan.

But really though, I'd rather have a couple of past their prime vets instead of jobbers like Lost Matadores or Kofi. Kofi's spots aren't cool anymore since there's obviously 0% chance he's actually going to win.

strobogo

Banned
I'm making a request to make the February thread. It will be titled February Wrasslin: Stop watching this garbage shit and the OP will have no info on wrestling, but instead plenty of The Sopranos gifs, Billy Zane, Christopher Walken, my veggie stir fry recipe, an AA directory, a guide on how to make sure your lady has an orgasm before you even have sex to hedge your bets in the event that you put on a lack luster performance in the sack (not quite as applicable for ladies with their men, or men with their men), a guide on how to avoid musicals, and a international petition to ban Zwarte Piet.

I can't wait for Bryan to eliminate Kane and then have Kane get mad and get back in the ring and start beating on Bryan and then when Kane is just about to throw Bryan out of the ring...

DUH NUH NUH

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT"

Cole - "Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa...that's...that's Snitsky!"

And then he enters the ring and in the attempt to stop Kane he inadvertently helps eliminate Bryan, what a swerve.
As the fans begin to riot he grabs a microphone "hey now, that wasn't my fault!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do think we'll see the crowd save for Adam Rose. Crowd save for the Bunny. Rose gets dropped in favor of the Bunny. Mania feud.

strobogo

Banned
I do think we'll see the crowd save for Adam Rose. Crowd save for the Bunny. Rose gets dropped in favor of the Bunny. Mania feud.

ibjKYH66ZKipjV.gif

Sephzilla

My legit list of possible surprise entrances we'll see during the Rumble

-Adrian Neville
-Sami Zayn
-Bubba Ray Dudley
-D-Von Dudley
-Hacksaw Jim Duggan (since Ambrose kinda brought his catch phrase back)

Son of a bitch we're going to waste two Rumble spots on Adam Rose and the fucking Bunny aren't we.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like a perfect debut for Zayn.

Or Neville. If the Bunny is 3 feet shorter, that's his debut!

I do think we'll see 3 NXT talents.

Dream booking in my heart of hearts is Charlotte draws #1 and lasts until 30, as a tribute to her dad. But we all know that'd never happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Rose split is coming soon. I spent a little time watching his promos with Cesaro and Kidd and he looks to be working with them a lot lately and less with the "Exotic Express" - so I think that's run its course. Rose is great, and I still really enjoy him, but I'd love to see his vicious side a bit more. Give us Kruger!

Sephzilla

Here's a likely list of Rumble entrants off the top of my head

* Fernando
* Diego
* Fandango
* Justin Gabriel
* Goldust
* Stardust
* Big Show
* Kane
* Daniel Bryan
* Dean Ambrose
* Bray Wyatt
* Bad News Barrett
* Roman Reigns
* Rusev
* Kofi Kingston
* Adam Rose
* The Bunny
* Dolph Ziggler
* Ryback
* Erik Rowan
* Luke Harper
* The Miz
* Mizdow
* Adrian Neville
* Sami Zayn

That leaves about 5 spots for more surprise entrances

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hrm. Would it kill them to get Orton in for the Rumble? He'd get a decent pop.

Depends on where he fits in for the title match. I could see him fucking over Seth-kun's cashin if he does that.

strobogo

Banned
Without NXT guys, the Rumble looks dire. They might as well give ALL the main NXT guys a spot in the Rumble this year. Drop all the Superstars/Main Event only dudes and throw in Zayn/Neville/Owens/Devitt/Big Cass (so you can get Enzo to do his intro/join color commentary)/Kenta/Kalisto/Breeze. Throw them all in, let them shine, see what happens.

Sephzilla

I'd put really good odds on Orton showing up to screw over Rollins. Rollins vs Orton at Mania is very likely.

Without NXT guys, the Rumble looks dire. They might as well give ALL the main NXT guys a spot in the Rumble this year. Drop all the Superstars/Main Event only dudes and throw in Zayn/Neville/Owens/Devitt/Big Cass (so you can get Enzo to do his intro/join color commentary)/Kenta/Kalisto/Breeze. Throw them all in, let them shine, see what happens.

I'm okay with this.

Shit, if NXT would ever have their own Royal Rumble it would probably be more hype than the WWE version.

Sephzilla

I bet they'll announce that Orton will be in the Rumble tonight instead of making it a surprise

I wish they wouldn't announce who's in the rumble ahead of time. Half of the fun is guessing who is and who isn't in the match.

I still think they wasted the pop of the decade by announcing Bryan's entry ahead of time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, true that. On the one hand, Orton vs Lesnar becomes genuinely possible again... On the other hand, Ortom vs Rollins... Blegh. :c

I'm fine with Orton vs just about anyone, really. Even Reigns, even though that's probably his worst matchup. I love Orton and can't wait to see him back. Oh god unless it's against Cena, of course. Uguu~

Thorakai

I wish they wouldn't announce who's in the rumble ahead of time. Half of the fun is guessing who is and who isn't in the match.

I still think they wasted the pop of the decade by announcing Bryan's entry ahead of time.

your gonna pop to revered stars rvd and chris jericho and your gonna like it goddamn it

Kacho

Gold Member
Twitter feud of the century going down right now, guys.

I'm not sure why Josh Matthews felt the need to be so overly agressive there. But yeah, the UFC 'won' because the Pats destroyed the Colts. Not really worth bragging about in my opinion.

Zach

I remember that Gorilla totally ruined the final entry of one of the Rumbles. I mean, it was worth ruining because it was like The Warlord or something, but still.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do think it's possible we'll get a Luger/Bret scenario where Bryan and Roman simultaneously eliminate each other and then get some crazy double main event for WrestleMania. The crowd will still boo the fuck out of Roman if Bryan doesn't win it straight up though.

You really can't do this finish anymore due to everyone recording on their mobile phones. I give it less than five minutes after the match ends until someone uploads a "Bryan clearly touched the ground with both feet first" footage or vice versa.

XenoRaven

I don't get the appeal of Orton/Lesnar, and I like Orton a lot.
He's the only guy with the size, experience, and main event credibility to put on a believable match with Lesnar that would actually be good.

I've warmed up to the idea of Lesnar vs Bryan though.

Edit: I supposed this is all hypocritical since I was really excited in the lead up to Lesnar vs Punk and really enjoyed the match as well.

He's the only guy with the size, experience, and main event credibility to put on a believable match with Lesnar that would actually be good.

I've warmed up to the idea of Lesnar vs Bryan though.

Edit: I supposed this is all really hypocritical since I was really excited in the lead up to Lesnar vs Punk and really enjoyed the match as well.

Yeah, I don't know what you're going for here, friend.

I think Orton/Rollins would be killer.

I'm fine with Orton vs just about anyone, really. Even Reigns, even though that's probably his worst matchup. I love Orton and can't wait to see him back. Oh god unless it's against Cena, of course. Uguu~

Yup. It's just that Rollins Vs Bryan would be especially good. Orton works well with almost anyone, though. With Cena, even, but that's like eating a nice food non-stop until the very thought of it makes you vomit violently and uncontrollably.

Of note is how Orton is in a bizarre paradox in which he is overrated by casual fans, and underrated by nerds of wrestlin' like us.

Anyways, has anyone any ideas who Cena's going to beat at Mania? My guess is Taker. It's so dumb and pointless, WWE's gonma run with it no matter what!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. It's just that Rollins Vs Bryan would be especially good. Orton works well with almost anyone, though. With Cena, even, but that's like eating a nice food non-stop until the very thought of it makes you vomit violently and uncontrollably.

Of note is how Orton is in a bizarre paradox in which he is overrated by casual fans, and underrated by nerds of wrestlin' like us.

Anyways, has anyone any ideas who Cena's going to beat at Mania? My guess is Taker. It's so dumb and pointless, WWE's gonma run with it no matter what!

It's weird, because unfortunately aside from Cena being champion and having his feud spelled out for him, I don't see a place just yet. Unless they split off and do Cena/Rollins w/o the belt, assuming Brock retains and MITB doesn't work out.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's weird, because unfortunately aside from Cena being champion and having his feud spelled out for him, I don't see a place just yet. Unless they split off and do Cena/Rollins w/o the belt, assuming Brock retains and MITB doesn't work out.

Hogan vs. Cena, I guess.

I've always had the impression that Orton needs to be carried and as good as Lesnar is I don't think he's the carrying type. I might be wrong.

Sephzilla

You really can't do this finish anymore due to everyone recording on their mobile phones. I give it less than five minutes after the match ends until someone uploads a "Bryan clearly touched the ground with both feet first" footage or vice versa.

What impresses me about the Luger/Bret simultaneous elimination was that on replay it sure looked like they touched at the same time. I wonder if they practiced that spot so they didn't screw it up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What impresses me about the Luger/Bret simultaneous elimination was that on replay it sure looked like they touched at the same time. I wonder if they practiced that spot so they didn't screw it up.

It was literally too close to call. It was definitely impressive.

Also Cena/Batista, despite being a botched ending, was the same way.

Surprising, ain't it? I'm actually somewhat interested in Cena's match, seeing as they've went for so long without any real indicator. There's actually some tension for once.

Hogan vs. Cena, I guess.

I'm... Not too interested for this match at all. As in, in the slightest. I'd love for it to turn out to be great, but I doubt it. Personally, I'd rather Hogan just not wrestle again, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom