• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

Gold Member
I generally like Orton and I recognize that he's good in the ring, but I would hate to see Brock wasted on Orton. They would no doubt have a good match and I get that Orton is probably the safe bet in terms of marketing to the casual fans. I'd just hate to see them pass up two far more interesting match ups between Bryan or Rollins.

If none of that matters than Zach Gowen should have beaten Brock clean to send the crowd home happy.

I'm talking about what I personally would like to see.

Zach Gowen could have beaten Lesnar, because it is wrasslin'. Doesn't mean it would be a good idea. You could use the same descriptors to justify Big Show vs. Lesnar. It's hardly a case to be made for the match. I'd rather hear why Orton/Lesnar would be a good match and story.

Kacho

Gold Member
I'm slowly becoming a mark for Rollins. In 2013 I liked him a lot for his in-ring ability despite being weak on the mic. When the Shield broke up I thought he would be the one who would struggle the most but he seems to be getting the biggest push and having the most success as of late.

pLvki69.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm slowly becoming a mark for Rollins. In 2013 I liked him a lot for his in-ring ability despite being weak on the mic. When the Shield broke up I thought he would be the one who would struggle the most but he seems to be getting the biggest push and having the most success as of late.

Yup. He's been fantastic and incredible and easily the WWE's best heel right now. I was pulling for him to be Wrassler of the Year. I love watching him talk AND work in the ring. I can't say that about everyone by a long shot. Rusev as well.

XenoRaven

Zach Gowen could have beaten Lesnar, because it is wrasslin'. Doesn't mean it would be a good idea. You could use the same descriptors to justify Big Show vs. Lesnar. It's hardly a case to be made for the match. I'd rather hear why Orton/Lesnar would be a good match and story.
Look man, I'm just saying what I'd like to see. I don't need to be reminded what I'm watching.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yup. He's been fantastic and incredible and easily the WWE's best heel right now. I was pulling for him to be Wrassler of the Year. I love watching him talk AND work in the ring. I can't say that about everyone by a long shot. Rusev as well.

Rusev has grown on me. I imagine he'll become a mainstay with a little more time and experience under his belt. He does a very good job at selling and the Rusev/Lana combo is so good.

All this talk of Brock dropping the titles is just so dumb to me cause HE BEAT UNDERTAKER'S WRESTLEMANIA STREAK. Dude should've been history's greatest monster and be booked like Satan himself.

Have Bryan be the unbeatable force of good against motherfucking Hades and you got yourself a stew. God damn you guys.

All this talk of Brock dropping the titles is just so dumb to me cause HE BEAT UNDERTAKER'S WRESTLEMANIA STREAK. Dude should've been history's greatest monster and be booked like Satan himself.

Have Bryan be the unbeatable force of good against motherfucking Hades and you got yourself a stew. God damn you guys.
Taker coulda tanked it just to make Lesnar look good.

JavyOO7

In a perfect world, I shouldn't have to be hinging my hopes on just Bryan to win the Rumble in order for me to consider the event a success. If the WWE creative team was an actually competent creative team, there would be several characters in the rumble who wouldn't look out of place to win the Rumble and main event mania. Alas...

Mulling it over for a bit I think Reigns got this in the bag. Cena ends up feuding with Rusev because he interferes in the trio match, Rollins doesn't cash in at all, and Brock ends up wrecking the two on Sunday. Bryan? Probably gets eliminated by his Wrestlemania opponent. It'll be Reigns vs Lesnar in the Main Event, and before that, he gets a big tune up match on Fast Lane by beating Cena in a 12 minute main event match. The night after Mania, Rollins finally decides to pull the trigger after Lesnar asks for a rematch for his belt against Reigns, and Rollins cashes in successfully. Rollins is champ all the way through Summerslam where now everybody can enjoy a nice dynasty reign by Reigns. XD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Which is why Brock being screwed out of the title then having Bryan beat him legit, no title needed, it another huge achievement. It does nothing for the championship in that scenario, so eliminate it and make it the stakes elsewhere.

Sephzilla

Which is why Brock being screwed out of the title then having Bryan beat him legit, no title needed, it another huge achievement. It does nothing for the championship in that scenario, so eliminate it and make it the stakes elsewhere.

I disagree, having the championship be part of Bryan vs Brock helps the value of the title a ton. Brock continuing to carry it after destroying Taker and Cena basically makes the WWE title the "One Ring of Power". It's embodied with the power of Lesnar, Taker, and Cena. Brock losing the title clean helps the title and the champion a ton. Brock vs Bryan being a battle of two uncrowned champions hurts the fuck out of the WWE title.

Then it just makes the title seem more like a hindrance than a an actual storyline booster. Bryan celebrating with the titles after slaying Sauron himself is the way to go. Anything else just seems so hollow as fuck.

imBask

Banned

we're not saying Brock dropping the title is logical, we're saying it's what will most likely happen

we're talking about the most illogical show/booking of all time here

JavyOO7

N a perfect world RUSEV would win the rumble. Beat Brock and become Russian god king of WWE

Heh. My perfect world would be Wyatt. I don't care if he repeats the same shit every promo, I love his voice. I love the way he handles his character. I love the way he wrestles with such intensity when its called for... he's great. But he's been sent down a few pegs because WWE messed up his feud versus Ambrose badly. Gimmick matches after gimmick matches... FAK! Straight up wrestling matches between the two PPV after PPV would have been perfectly fine and accomplished more.

No half measures.

Bryan vs Lesnar needs to be for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom