• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
I watch RAW every week and I have no idea who this women is

I know Paige, AJ, Natty and that's about it, the divas division is kind of a joke lol

2YFfur1.gif

Bryan-kicks-HHH.gif

HHH-Bryan-2.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cure, help me understand what people like about the personalities in Senran Kagura.

Hibari is the most disgusting human being I've ever known of. Everything anyone could possibly hate is in that vessel. Nobody actually legitimately likes her, right? Daidouji is dope, though, and I wish I could see more of her.

Everyone has a bad Macho Man.

Macho Man is like the easiest person to imitate vocally. In my Voice and Diction class in college our final exam was getting up in front of the class and reciting some stuff and acting out a scene in multiple voices and dialects and I literally made up a Hogan vs. Macho man promo on the spot and got a great reaction from the class.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cure, help me understand what people like about the personalities in Senran Kagura.

Hibari is the most disgusting human being I've ever known of. Everything anyone could possibly hate is in that vessel. Nobody actually legitimately likes her, right? Daidouji is dope, though, and I wish I could see more of her.

I was legit shook when Daidouji took off her hat.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what guys, I am happy that they are doing the Rumble draw instead of Main Event tomorrow night.

I don't know why, but I always enjoyed the drawing of the bingo balls and random expressions afterwards. Fun shenanigans.

Macho Man is like the easiest person to imitate vocally. In my Voice and Diction class in college our final exam was getting up in front of the class and reciting some stuff and acting out a scene in multiple voices and dialects and I literally made up a Hogan vs. Macho man promo on the spot and got a great reaction from the class.

When I was in school, I imitated Triple H really easily. He's extremely easy to imitate. Same with The Rock. Austin isn't too hard, either. Cena's easy, but boring. Macho Man's nigh on impossible for me, but Hogan's easy enough. Ravishing Rick Rude is the toughest. I can get the tone correct, but loud enough? Nope, never. I guess you have to grow up with them to imitate them.

... Doesn't explain why Steiner's so easy for me to do, though. That said, he's definitely the most fun to imitate!

You know what guys, I am happy that they are doing the Rumble draw instead of Main Event tomorrow night.

I don't know why, but I always enjoyed the drawing of the bingo balls and random expressions afterwards. Fun shenanigans.

tumblr_mqvgcyqNA11rptb91o1_250.gif

tumblr_mqvgcyqNA11rptb91o2_250.gif

By watching g Rawalternative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzAH45OJlRM

-Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros courtesy of Smash Wrestling (Twitter: @smashwrestling)
-Ricochet vs. Josh Alexander courtesy of Alpha-1 Wrestling (Twitter: @A1Wrestling)
-Chris Hero vs. Colin Delaney courtesy of 2CW: Squared Circle Wrestling (Twitter: @2CW)
-Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page courtesy of Absolute Intense Wrestling (Twitter: @aiwrestling)
-Takaaki Watanabe vs. Andy Dalton courtesy of Inspire Pro (Twitter: @InspireProWres)
-Ninjas With Altitude vs. Food Fighters courtesy of Inter Species Wrestling (Twitter: @ISDub)
-Eddie Kingston vs. Keith Walker courtesy of AAW Pro (Twitter: @AAWPro)
-Kevin Steen vs. Mike Bailey courtesy of C*4 (Twitter: @C4Wrestling)
-Brian Kendrick vs. Dark Sheik courtesy of Hoodslam (Twitter: @HOODSLAM)
-Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Christian Rose & Matt Cage courtesy of DREAMWAVE Wrestling (Twitter: @DWWrestling)
-Kyle O'Reilly vs. Gary Jay courtesy of St. Louis Anarchy (Twitter: @stlanarchy)
-Athena vs. Mia Yim courtesy of Girls Night Out
Plus a previously unreleased match from Beyond Wrestling (Twitter: @beyondwrestling)

PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS VIDEO OF THIS.

Same here. I still remember the promo were Demolition drew 1 & 2. Their faces were classic

Royal Rumble 2005 does have some fun backstage bits, almost up there with Fully Loaded 2000 among WWE events
- Guerrero stealing Flair's number, shenanigans
- Christian's rap, no beat from Tomko though
- Angle just straight up taking Nunzio's rumble entry
- The advance warning that Show vs JBL is going to be the main event of No Way Out so people didn't have to wait until next Smackdown to be disappointed.

It's clear they need to draw the numbers every year for this backstage stuff among other things.

They haven't confirmed cesaro?

Man Fuck Kidd. His gimmick is dumb as Fuck.

I was wondering this as well, fact. But there's already a tag match at Rumble with Usos/Miz and Mizdow, fact. I have to think Cesaro would get a big pop and crowd support, fact.

And shut up, fact. Kidd is great, fact. He doesn't have a gimmick, fact, he has a lifestyle, fact. I have to support my fellow Canadians, fact.

I remember when I was 10 or so watching a particular WWF PPV which had an Iron Man match and I think Shawn Michaels was involved but maybe not...he wasn't wrestling in 1999 was he? Maybe it was later, 2000 or 2001 - but it couldn't be later than that, cos I stopped in 2001 (I wasn't watching by the time Austin turned heel).

Any idea what match that was?

I'm probably not gonna watch it, I was just thinking about it cos I remember thinking it was so great I could watch a match that went for a whole hour straight, and I just took it into my room and got some pillows and I was wrestling with them and commentating my own match while watching that match.

That was a happy day. The sheer amount of unexamined interest I had in whatever was happening...

I remember when I was 10 or so watching a particular WWF PPV which had an Iron Man match and I think Shawn Michaels was involved but maybe not...he wasn't wrestling in 1999 was he? Maybe it was later, 2000 or 2001 - but it couldn't be later than that, cos I stopped in 2001 (I wasn't watching by the time Austin turned heel).

Any idea what match that was?

I'm probably not gonna watch it, I was just thinking about it cos I remember thinking it was so great I could watch a match that went for a whole hour straight, and I just took it into my room and got some pillows and I was wrestling with them and commentating my own match while watching that match.

That was a happy day. The sheer amount of unexamined interest I had in whatever was happening...

Rock vs Triple H Iron Man Match at Judgement Day 2000 featuring Shawn "smuggling banana shorts" Michaels as the guest ref.

Rock vs Triple H Iron Man Match at Judgement Day 2000 featuring Shawn "smuggling banana shorts" Michaels as the guest ref.

That'll be the one - I couldn't remember who was in the match except for Michaels and likely HHH. I totally blanked on The Rock being in it. Thanks. Now I can more accurately reconstruct that memory.

This should be Kofi's year to win the Rumble. Have him enter really early and do like 10 elimination save spots over the course of the match, get really over the top with it and bring in some Wire Fu stunt coordinators, have him flying around and dodging people, use New Day as his back up when things get really dire.

By the end you'll have an entire arena who may have paid to see Reigns or Bryan, but who really believe in a man called the Wildcat.

Kofi_Kingston_in_2010.jpg

I mean you could actually use the Rumble to singlehandedly get someone like Kofi over big time, or anyone really if it was planned accordingly. Bryan winning would be okay, but actually someone who isn't getting their due just putting in a spitfire performance would be a lot cooler.

Probably wouldn't make much sense long term unless you had a plan going forward, though, which doesn't happen often.

Has that ever been done? A midcarder just storming through - or winning at all? High elimination counts and then losing doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom