• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

bD25RBk.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Good premise and character designs for a full game, but the actual game right now is just plain awful

Triple H is the most expensive character in the game tied with Reigns and Cena; everyone else aren't even close outside of Trish.

You are looking at a booking decision with a personal slant. Just because you don't think Bray is over doesn't mean they aren't booking with the goal of getting him over. Similarly, just because you don't think wrestling is about underdogs and Superman and all those tropes, doesn't mean WWE isn't still booking with those ideas and tropes in mind. All I am saying is that, from a booking perspective, I think it is logical and I can understand why they did it.

You said yourself it was to get Bray over, so you are thereby agreeing he's not over. But that's besides the point. As for the rest of your post, I've admitted as much.

Paracelsus

Guys like working with Kane though. I don't think I've ever heard a negative remark about him. He and Bryan have a built in story and they probably think he's a safe guy to work with coming off injury.

I know some guys here won't be happy until Bryan is booked like Super Cena but I'm willing to let this play out a bit more.

Austin came back, feuded with Rikishi, a safe worker (?), then won the Royal Rumble, put HHH over and won WMania. Bryan vs Kane at Wrestlemania is a fate worse than what's happening to Cesaro.

You said yourself it was to get Bray over, so you are thereby agreeing he's not over. But that's besides the point. As for the rest of your post, I've admitted as much.

I think Bray is as over as any other heel they've got besides the guys on top. Like I said, he's lost once in two months. If he isn't over, it isn't from a lack of trying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NOAH has got to be the biggest fall from grace in modern wrestling promotions, right? I mean at one point your main event was just KENTA and Marufuji. And sometimes Suigura. You lose 2/3 so now your main event is... Marufuji. Even when KENTA was in there they were so desperate for stars that they had to resort to padding their non-existent main event with midcarders from NJPW(Toru Yano and an older Yuji Nagata) and 'big names' from smaller promotions (Deisuke Sekimoto). You used to be the number 2 promotion in Japan and everyone predicted you'd be number 1 if things kept the way they were. Then Kobashi got sick and Misawa died and everything floundered. But it shouldn't have because Misawa and Kobashi were already older by then and should have had everything set up for the next set of guys to come. Akiyama left and took a huge chunk of the card you had with him. WHEN YOUR PROMOTION IS SO BAD THAT AJPW IS A BETTER OPTION FOR FUCKS SAKE. Now your champion is stuck doing commercial spots for small time bars and 6 man midcard deals in your rival promotion. You're getting the pants beaten off you by promotions that used to be far underneath you like DDT, AJPW, Dragon Gate, BJW, and Zero-1. I wouldn't be surprised if Marufuji tries to get Kasai for a match because it's somebody who's over that he can try to sell tickets with.
A3k75a4.gif

NOAH has got to be the biggest fall from grace in modern wrestling promotions, right? I mean at one point your main event was just KENTA and Marufuji. And sometimes Suigura. You lose 2/3 so now your main event is... Marufuji. Even when KENTA was in there they were so desperate for stars that they had to resort to padding their non-existent main event with midcarders from NJPW(Toru Yano and an older Yuji Nagata) and 'big names' from smaller promotions (Deisuke Sekimoto). You used to be the number 2 promotion in Japan and everyone predicted you'd be number 1 if things kept the way they were. Then Kobashi got sick and Misawa died and everything floundered. But it shouldn't have because Misawa and Kobashi were already older by then and should have had everything set up for the next set of guys to come. Akiyama left and took a huge chunk of the card you had with him. WHEN YOUR PROMOTION IS SO BAD THAT AJPW IS A BETTER OPTION FOR FUCKS SAKE. Now your champion is stuck doing commercial spots for small time bars and 6 man midcard deals in your rival promotion. You're getting the pants beaten off you by promotions that used to be far underneath you like DDT, AJPW, Dragon Gate, BJW, and Zero-1. I wouldn't be surprised if Marufuji tries to get Kasai for a match because it's somebody who's over that he can try to sell tickets with.
A3k75a4.gif

So NOAH is Japanese TNA?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Austin came back, feuded with Rikishi, a safe worker (?), then won the Royal Rumble, put HHH over and won WMania. Bryan vs Kane at Wrestlemania is a fate worse than what's happening to Cesaro.

If we get Bryan/Kane at Mania, I'll be right there posting Jim Cornette meme pics with the rest of you but I don't think that's actually in the cards. My prediction is still Bryan/Rollins for the title.

Striker

I just don't see the point of Undertaker wrestling again at Mania. His whole legacy to it is now gone. There's no reason other than "Hey, we're bringing back old stars because we're too lousy to create new ones". Again.

Vylash

I just don't see the point of Undertaker wrestling again at Mania. His whole legacy to it is now gone. There's no reason other than "Hey, we're bringing back old stars because we're too lousy to create new ones". Again.

they can drag him out one last time for a retirement match

DMczaf

Am I the only one that feels it was not a coincidence to have Sting make his first appearance ever on Monday Night Raw the week that the Monday Night Wars series ends?

I think it's going to be Bryan/Sheamus

This is what I think too. Sheamus comes back in the Rumble. Eliminates Bryan. As a result he'll turn heel. They'll play up his relationship with Triple H. It'll probably come out that the Authority told Sheamus to go after Bryan specifically. Bryan will get his revenge for the Rumble and for 18 seconds.

I think that storyline will suck, but I think it is what we are going to get.

This is what I think too. Sheamus comes back in the Rumble. Eliminates Bryan. As a result he'll turn heel. They'll play up his relationship with Triple H. It'll probably come out that the Authority told Sheamus to go after Bryan specifically. Bryan will get his revenge for the Rumble and for 18 seconds.

If the rumors are true I could see Sheamus helping Bryan on SD only to turn on him in the Rumble.

Yawn.

NOAH's in a sad spot but nothing will ever compare to WCW. In two years they went from making more money than any wrestling company ever to losing tens of millions of dollars. That takes real effort.

When you look at the likely top matches, Mania doesn't look too hot IMO:

Reigns vs Lesnar: Lesnar with one foot out the door vs a guy who's not ready to be in that position
Sting vs HHH: Sting's last good match was many years ago and I just don't think he can go anymore
Cena vs Rusev: LOL, Cena ends Rusev's streak
Taker vs Bray: Why? Nobody will believe Bray will win and if he does, the luster is lost because Taker already lost at Mania.

This would be dumb. Why do they continue to try to marginalize bryan given that he is by far their most popular face wrestler and the most over face they have had since austin and rock were around? I should know better than to ask the question why though given wwe's history when it comes to booking and especially how they book bryan. If anyone but, bryan wins the royal rumble in philly the crowd will turn on them. Either way it should be entertaining.

I also think that if Reigns is winning the Rumble, then the Title match will go on last. They don't want another Batista ending. And I don't think the Philly crowd will shit on the triple threat. Especially if Rollins walks out with the belt.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Top 5 heels, faces, and gifted wrestlers in WWE right now, go! I'm not going to rank Steph or HHH or Sting or Taker.

Heels
1 Rollins
2 Lesnar
3 Show
4 Rusev
5 Wyatt

Faces
1 Bryan
2 Ambrose
3 Orton
4 Mizdow
5 Ziggler or Reigns

Best Talent
1 Bryan
2 Rollins
3 Cesaro
4 Ziggler
5 Kidd or Harper

Worst Talent
1 Eva Marie
2 Viktor
3 Xavier Woods
4 Rosa Mendes
5 Kane

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have no idea why the WWE signed Xavier Woods to be honest with you. He doesn't look like a WWE star at all. He barely exists to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom