• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Found a mention of it on today's Observer update:

-- If John Layfield repeatedly responding to Booker T in a stereotypical black guy voice (on Martin Luther King Day, no less) happened with broadcasters in any other genre, would nobody be talking about it the way nobody's talking about what Layfield said last night?

Bobo was right. Jesus fuck. How is this not getting back to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the NAACP? Can you help with this, spindashing?

strobogo

Banned
Hi folks, long-time lurker and first (or maybe second) time poster. I spend enough time reading these threads, I figured I might as well actually contribute a little.

I started watching wrestling with my granddad in the early 90's with WCW, and got into WWF as well right after the Austin 3:16 era kicked off. I've been watching WWE on and off for the past few years, and most recently started paying attention again with Wrestlemania 30 (right after which everything seemed to go to hell, of course). I don't know much about wrestling outside of WWE/F, NXT, WCW & ECW, but I'm getting better about that.

Also, mandatory new guy Top 5:

5. Sami Zayn. I know nothing about his El Generico days, but I love his NXT performances. I also appreciate that he's one of the few good guys in wrestling who isn't a cocky jackass, a fiery Cena-type, or "crazy" like Dean Ambrose. He's actually a... Well, a good guy. A nice person who also happens to be a hell of a wrestler. What a concept.

Also, I really like his theme music, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

4. Sting. Loved original recipe Stinger as a little kid, and Crow Sting and the buildup of him against the nWo was just awesome.

3. Austin. Again, I started watching WWF right when the Stone Cold/ Evil Vince thing started, so Austin's always been a big deal with me.

2. The Rock. The single most charismatic talker I've ever seen in wrestling. Didn't hurt that he was a great wrestler as well.

1. Mick Foley. I first became a fan of Cactus Jack in WCW, and have loved (almost) every time he's appeared on my TV since. Amazing matches, amazing commitment to nearly everything he did, entertaining as hell from almost any aspect.

Oh, and I've owned every Nintendo console since the SNES and love Zelda games. So, yeah... Looks like I'll fit in nicely here.

ibviNuDfoU83QL.gif

I was with you until there. No you aren't welcome in this thing of ours.

Aiii

So not worth it
Welcome, please watch WK9 and Lucha Underground.

Also, Zayn's theme is still my ringtone, perfect song to wake up to.

Verendus

Banned
Hi folks, long-time lurker and first (or maybe second) time poster. I spend enough time reading these threads, I figured I might as well actually contribute a little.

I started watching wrestling with my granddad in the early 90's with WCW, and got into WWF as well right after the Austin 3:16 era kicked off. I've been watching WWE on and off for the past few years, and most recently started paying attention again with Wrestlemania 30 (right after which everything seemed to go to hell, of course). I don't know much about wrestling outside of WWE/F, NXT, WCW & ECW, but I'm getting better about that.

5. Sami Zayn. I know nothing about his El Generico days, but I love his NXT performances. I also appreciate that he's one of the few good guys in wrestling who isn't a cocky jackass, a fiery Cena-type, or "crazy" like Dean Ambrose. He's actually a... Well, a good guy. A nice person who also happens to be a hell of a wrestler. What a concept.

4. Sting. Loved original recipe Stinger as a little kid, and Crow Sting and the buildup of him against the nWo was just awesome.

3. Austin. Again, I started watching WWF right when the Stone Cold/ Evil Vince thing started, so Austin's always been a big deal with me.

2. The Rock. The single most charismatic talker I've ever seen in wrestling. Didn't hurt that he was a great wrestler as well.

1. Mick Foley. I first became a fan of Cactus Jack in WCW, and have loved (almost) every time he's appeared on my TV since. Amazing matches, amazing commitment to nearly everything he did, entertaining as hell from almost any aspect.

Oh, and I've owned every Nintendo console since the SNES and love Zelda games. So, yeah... Looks like I'll fit in nicely here.
What do you think of Batista?

This is a very important question.

I have a 55". I could play a game on it at 1080p and play it again at 720p and I wouldn't be able to say that it made an important difference with a straight face. It is a negligible, very ethereal difference, which is why sites "breaking news" about a game being 720p have magnified screenshots with pixels outlined to show how they figured it out. That's not indicative of refined preferences, it's a comedy routine.

When the pixels are moving, it just doesn't matter if there's one brown one and one white one, or just one tan one in the same one millimeter spot on the screen. It is literally a millimeter, and it's literally just twice the number of pixels-- viewed from a few feet away. You have to con yourself into thinking it's materially better.

It's a much more concrete difference to have 60Hz instead of 30Hz.

What you see and notice and what some other people see and notice could be two entirely different things. Just because the difference is negligible to you doesn't mean it is to someone else. All about perspective, man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LET ME ASK YOU THE REAL QUESTION AS TO WHAT YOUR STATUS WILL BE AROUND HERE.

Mother fucker, who was right, Macho or Hogan?

How does it feel to support communism by purchasing Nintendo products? Oh, and also

vJrz61.gif

Watched Raw until half way through the cena match to go the gym, thought "urgh it'll be a cena kicks out at 2 fest then somehow twat everyone and win"

Came back forgot i had it to watch....that ending.

I marked out like a pussy ass bitch and i'm happy to admit.

strobogo

Banned
Are you a wrestling fan because you are named coketruck, or are you named coketruck because you are a wrestling fan?

Suckas gots ta know.

Xater

Welcome!

Start watching New Japan so you can hate wrestling and yourself less.

PS: I also love Foley.

Kaladin

Got one last month, the midprice model, really like it. Needed something that could be on 24/7, didn't make noise and not have a major impact on my power bill.

Yeah, I'm coming off an aging gaming PC I built 5 years ago. It's a power hog and has gotten extremely noisy in it's age. It's nearing death and it's time to either upgrade or replace....I'm ready to replace it with something smaller.

My other option is one of the new Dell XPS 13 laptops.

Heroman

Banned

John cena, do love or hate him And the most important thing do you respect him?

Yeah, I'm coming off an aging gaming PC I built 5 years ago. It's a power hog and has gotten extremely noisy in it's age. It's nearing death and it's time to either upgrade or replace....I'm ready to replace it with something smaller.

I'm a fan of ASUS products, personally. Really good at what they do.

Don't take this bullshit coketruck. You aren't here to fill a spot, you are here to take one!

iwb8VoP.gif

Kid's gotta learn. Now get in the ring and let all the WrestleGAF part-timers and legends hit you with their finishers.

jmdajr

Interesting how when I started to watch is about the time wrestling games began to exist for the first time.

WWF_NES.PNG

This was NOT good however.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah, same. Noisy PC and an even noisier laptop. I realized I don't really need a laptop so why bother. The Mac Mini is great so far, though I've been using MacBook's for a while, Mac OS X is great, but takes some getting used to. Get a trackpad though, gestures on Mac are brilliant, nothing on Windows can compare.

Sephzilla

Austin_Rock+bros.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, my monitor is Asus and the color sucks. Fuck this carny shit company.

New guy, make sure you don't bring in some Dean Douglas trash with you on your debut.

sKQw94X.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Got an Asus router recently for ac WiFi and the ability to block the Google DNS to allow Chromecast to stream region locked content, best router I ever owned. It's amazing.

Xater

Got an Asus router recently for ac WiFi and the ability to block the Google DNS to allow Chromecast to stream region locked content, best router I ever owned. It's amazing.

Whoa how does that work? I need a link. I also have an Asus router.

Verendus

Banned
I'm not liking the response time on my Batista question. Something is amiss. Probably someone infiltrating BatistaGAF with ill intentions.

Welcome to our ridiculous community.

SNES? Cool. I am glad you enjoyed the last Nintendo console worth owning.

I'll have you know that the Wii U™ had the top three spots on the "Top Games of the Year" as voted by the online community of NeoGAF™.

Gotdammit, I gassed you up.

You're more like Itami to his Devitt. There I said it.

No, no, no. You have made your comparison already. No take backs. You fucked up. Own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom