• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coketruck

With me, yes. With others, not so much.

Now sign up for NJPW World and get a nice collection of gifs. Don't feed the stro. He bites.

You'd think after so many years on the internet, I'd have a gif collection. Not so much.

ibviNuDfoU83QL.gif

I was with you until there. No you aren't welcome in this thing of ours.

tumblr_m4m10rqp6L1qjx9ozo1_500.gif

Welcome, please watch WK9 and Lucha Underground.

Also, Zayn's theme is still my ringtone, perfect song to wake up to.

I've watched the first two or three LU episodes. Hasn't really grabbed me yet, but I'll give it a little more time.

What do you think of Batista?

This is a very important question.

Like the original Evolution-era Batista and first championship run, but he went downhill after that. I wasn't watching during 2011 - early 2014, so I missed out on everything there.

He was a great Drax, though.

LET ME ASK YOU THE REAL QUESTION AS TO WHAT YOUR STATUS WILL BE AROUND HERE.

Mother fucker, who was right, Macho or Hogan?

Macho.

Welcome, friend coketruck

Thanks!

Are you a wrestling fan because you are named coketruck, or are you named coketruck because you are a wrestling fan?

Suckas gots ta know.

I was a wrestling fan long before I got this stupid nickname. It came from getting hit by a Coca-Cola delivery truck inside the stadium during a Florida Gators game when I was in eighth grade. Long story.

Welcome!

Start watching New Japan so you can hate wrestling and yourself less.

PS: I also love Foley.

It's on my to-do list.

John cena, do love or hate him And the most important thing do you respect him?

Indifferent to annoyed by him. Respect him for what he's done and his work ethic, but not so much for the same crappy promos every damn week and being treated like Superman for a decade.

I'm told we have a new guy, and my hand has not been shook.

wwe-wrestling-smackdown-handshake-antonio-cesaro-santino-marella-claudio-castagnoli-forearm-smash.gif

Welcome to our ridiculous community.

SNES? Cool. I am glad you enjoyed the last Nintendo console worth owning.

Nope. I get more use out of my Wii U than my PS4. Wii, Gamecube and N64 all had games worth owning, too.

Guys is the WWE game cycle the same as the Sonic cycle at this point? Or are we past that and people have smartened up to just expect shit.

Not quite, Sonic at least had a few decent modern games to warrant me having some hopes, can't say the same for WWE, okay maybe All Stars on the side but we knew they'd never return to polish that formula.

Guys is the WWE game cycle the same as the Sonic cycle at this point? Or are we past that and people have smartened up to just expect shit.
WWE hasn't hit the Sonic Boom phase yet. They're close, check back after Sunday night.

edit: oops, thought you were referring to the TV product

Nintendo during the n64 era was god tier. Mario 64, Zelda OOT and Zelda MM, Starfox 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario Kart 64... RARE also decided to get really stronk in this era with Goldeneye, Banjo series, Perfect Dark, Conker... super fun times if you were a Nintendo/RARE studios fan. The little 3rd party titles that were there were good fun, especially the AKI developed wrestling titles.

Nintendo developed titles, many of them, weren't so hot in the GameCube era I feel. But Nintendo has been on fire with the Wii/DS/3DS/Wii U. And thank god for that. I'm perfectly fine with the Nintendo consoles/handhelds and then the super duper custom built PC for everything else... which I don't have yet but I will soon!

I think the N64 looks better in hindsight. System had some serious droughts and pricing for carts was insane next to the Playstation. Worth owning as a secondary system for sure but I felt bad for my friends who chose that as their sole console at the time.

The Gamecube had some disappointing/polarizing franchise entries but had much better games overall. Especially when you add in third party support.

You'd think after so many years on the internet, I'd have a gif collection. Not so much.

I've watched the first two or three LU episodes. Hasn't really grabbed me yet, but I'll give it a little more time.

Like the original Evolution-era Batista and first championship run, but he went downhill after that. I wasn't watching during 2011 - early 2014, so I missed out on everything there.

He was a great Drax, though.

Macho.

Thanks!

I was a wrestling fan long before I got this stupid nickname. It came from getting hit by a Coca-Cola delivery truck inside the stadium during a Florida Gators game when I was in eighth grade. Long story.

It's on my to-do list.

Indifferent to annoyed by him. Respect him for what he's done and his work ethic, but not so much for the same crappy promos every damn week and being treated like Superman for a decade.

Nope. I get more use out of my Wii U than my PS4. Wii, Gamecube and N64 all had games worth owning, too.
I think you'll fit in here just fine.

ElduzpI.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Coketruck gonna be like all those other 'new posters' we get. Post in here constantly for like 3 months then vanish. Showing up like once every couple of Raws.

Marvel. Titus. Mother fucker I don't forget.

Xater

Coketruck gonna be like all those other 'new posters' we get. Post in here constantly for like 3 months then vanish. Showing up like once every couple of Raws.

Marvel. Titus. Mother fucker I don't forget.

Sometimes you just need a break from wrestling. I've been there. I'd probably be in here less if we didn't have this many people watching New Japan, because seriously fuck WWE.

That being said I'll probably watch the Rumble and the road to WM...

Toki767

How are the Steiners not in the Hall of Fame? They're basically like the second most famous tag team in the 80s/90s outside of the Road Warriors.

KissVibes

Banned
I would like to thank Phil "CM Punk" Brooks for dooming us to having a Daniel Bryan vs KANE match at WM31.

Kane.
At WrestleMania.
Against a major star.
In the year TWO-THOUSAND FIFTEEN.

Toki767

I would like to thank Phil "CM Punk" Brooks for dooming us to having a Daniel Bryan vs KANE match at WM31.

Kane.
At WrestleMania.
Against a major star.

With the way things are going with Rollins seemingly having the WWE title, it's probably going to end up being Kane vs Orton at Mania because there's no one else for Orton to face.

UberTag

Kane.
At WrestleMania.
Against a major star.
While that would be a fitting way to retire Kane, I wouldn't give up hope yet. Not until after tonight's Smackdown taping at least.

With the way things are going with Rollins seemingly having the WWE title, it's probably going to end up being Kane vs Orton at Mania because there's no one else for Orton to face.
That's the main reason to assume Rollins won't be getting the title this weekend.
Or at least not holding it past Fast Lane. (He could still have his briefcase after that run so it wouldn't be too damaging.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I despise seeing Kane in the WWE ring, I feel sorry for the guy. You just know he wants to retire and thought he would after the Bryan thing but now they keep guilting him into showing up and working matches because nobody is over on their roster and they think Kane will get nostalgic pops.

What I'm saying is it's CM Punk's fault for making this 50 year old man continue to compete.

kiguel182

Kane.
At WrestleMania.
Against a major star.

I want to believe that isn't the match that they have planned but I can't.

Maybe that will help me quit Raw.

Toki767

As much as I despise seeing Kane in the WWE ring, I feel sorry for the guy. You just know he wants to retire and thought he would after the Bryan thing but now they keep guilting him into showing up and working matches because nobody is over on their roster and they think Kane will get nostalgic pops.

What I'm saying is it's CM Punk's fault for making this 50 year old man continue to compete.

It's not Punk's fault that the WWE doesn't pay Kane enough to where he can retire with all the money he's earned over the years and live comfortably.

That seems to be the WWE storyline. Wrestlers can't get hired anywhere else and they are bad with money.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm Phil "CM Punk" Brooks and I can't just put over an old man at WrestleMania one goddamn time and let him finally fucking retire.

Now, Vince is bringing back that stupid match and putting Daniel Bryan in it. Great. Cool. Can't wait until Daniel Bryan makes it to the final four and Kane runs in the ring and tosses him out this Sunday LIVE on the WWE Network for $9.99.

kiguel182

I'm Phil "CM Punk" Brooks and I can't just put over an old man at WrestleMania one goddamn time and let him finally fucking retire.

Now, Vince is bringing back that stupid match and putting Daniel Bryan in it. Great. Cool. Can't wait until Daniel Bryan makes it to the final four and Kane runs in the ring and tosses him out this Sunday LIVE on the WWE Network for $9.99.

Hopefully he will botch it again so we can see him hidden behind the ring like last year. Nothing like a good Kane botch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom