• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
N64 is the 2nd worst Nintendo system.

tKISYSG.gif

Exactly Fraggle has fallen from grace ever since his Nakamura comments. His spot is up for grabs.

Ew2eohg.gif

testa di cazzo.

Speak some fucking English you turncoat.
KYlROn.gif

If he allows that then he will be like the Ascension. Jobber for life. I am looking out for the young talent.

I have a firm grip on my spot. Ain't nothing like me, but me.

JUST BECAUSE YOU COME DOWN TO WRESTLEGAF AND SAY YOU'RE A WRESTLEGAFFER, DOESN'T MAKE YOU A WRESTLEGAFFER, MAGGLE! BLATANT DISRESPECT!!

or3wYwz.gif

i'm pretty cool with my n64 being a revenge/wm2000/no mercy machine. Gotta have some good wrestling games until I finally get around to importing king of colosseum 2

Xater

Well, you need a custom DNS like unblock-us set up on your router instead of your ISP's and then configure this (top 2 are Google's):

And then you can use Netflix from different regions through the Chromecast?

i'm pretty cool with my n64 being a revenge/wm2000/no mercy machine. Gotta have some good wrestling games until I finally get around to importing king of colosseum 2

I will never say the N64 had no goo games. It had some real classics but overall I agree that it was a terrible console. Barely worth touching if you also had a PSone.

JUST BECAUSE YOU COME DOWN TO WRESTLEGAF AND SAY YOU'RE A WRESTLEGAFFER, DOESN'T MAKE YOU A WRESTLEGAFFER, MAGGLE! BLATANT DISRESPECT!!

or3wYwz.gif

Look man, don't talk to me about being a rookie. I was once a newcomer, and I didn't take shit from no one. Not Stro, not Sunny, no one. I blitzed my way to the top of the Wall of Shame, and held that spot just long enough to show that I was the real deal. Then I settled into my spot. You want to be somebody, you gotta go out and take it. RUTHLESS AGGRESSION.

So with Dallas out of the way, I decided to pick the 5 cities that should host WM33.

1. Soldier Field, Chicago - With WWE now unafraid to pack football stadiums and Chicago having previously hosted 3 Manias, a return is definitely necessary. Soldier Field is a Chicago landmark, and hey, if you want to bring back CM Punk, offer him the main event here.

2. Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis - After New Orleans finally hosted the event last year St. Louis became the next city that needs to pop it's WrestleMania cherry. Plus, have the gateway arch involved in the logo. Easy as hell.

3. Mile High Stadium, Denver - Might be a little on the cold side as Spring doesn't usually start up in Denver until late April, but Denver is another city that has surprisingly never hosted a Mania. That said, Vince might be still pissed about the Stan Kroenke thing.

4. Vikings Stadium, Minneapolis - Another first time WM city, Minneapolis never got to hold the event at the Metrodome which always surprised me. It's a great wrestling town thanks to the AWA (which held several shows there), and WM there just makes sense. Not to mention it'll be hosting the Super Bowl in a couple years and we know how Vince loves to piggyback off of that.

5. Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis - Of all the cities that have hosted WrestleMania in the past, Indy has always puzzled me as to why they never returned. Admitted the crowd for WM8 kinda sucked, but still, it'd be nice to see them try it again some time.

Oh yeah, and BC Place and Olympic Stadium for Canada. Yay.

jmdajr

St. Louis????

Shit I wish they would go back to Vegas, I just don't know where it would be. Any Stadiums worth a flip there?

So with Dallas out of the way, I decided to pick the 5 cities that should host WM33.

1. Soldier Field, Chicago - With WWE now unafraid to pack football stadiums and Chicago having previously hosted 3 Manias, a return is definitely necessary. Soldier Field is a Chicago landmark, and hey, if you want to bring back CM Punk, offer him the main event here.

2. Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis - After New Orleans finally hosted the event last year St. Louis became the next city that needs to pop it's WrestleMania cherry. Plus, have the gateway arch involved in the logo. Easy as hell.

3. Mile High Stadium, Denver - Might be a little on the cold side as Spring doesn't usually start up in Denver until late April, but Denver is another city that has surprisingly never hosted a Mania. That said, Vince might be still pissed about the Stan Kroenke thing.

4. Vikings Stadium, Minneapolis - Another first time WM city, Minneapolis never got to hold the event at the Metrodome which always surprised me. It's a great wrestling town thanks to the AWA (which held several shows there), and WM there just makes sense. Not to mention it'll be hosting the Super Bowl in a couple years and we know how Vince loves to piggyback off of that.

5. Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis - Of all the cities that have hosted WrestleMania in the past, Indy has always puzzled me as to why they never returned. Admitted the crowd for WM8 kinda sucked, but still, it'd be nice to see them try it again some time.

Nope all around. They should really keep it at nice paces to visit. Mania in Miami was the best thing because of weather and atmosphere. They need to just embrace a Florida California Phoenix pattern.

Look man, don't talk to me about being a rookie. I was once a newcomer, and I didn't take shit from no one. Not Stro, not Sunny, no one. I blitzed my way to the top of the Wall of Shame, and held that spot just long enough to show that I was the real deal. Then I settled into my spot. You want to be somebody, you gotta go out and take it. RUTHLESS AGGRESSION.

It's all about making an iMPACT.

vHPwl.gif

Xater

People in OT don't seem to grasp the concept that Mods are closing random "look at what terrible shit happened today" threads

I made the decision a while ago to no longer visit normal OT. It was either bumming me or grossing me out. So they have some new policies in place

strobogo

Banned

I think the main reason is because the RCA Dome was dog shit and would have looked bad for modern WM. Another reason is that Indy is seen as a small market kind of city despite being the 12th biggest city in the country and 2nd only to Chicago in the entire Mid West. It's fly over state shit. It'd not like WM is ever going to go to Columbus or Omaha, ya know? It's really stupid, though, as Indy is literally built for huge sporting events and conventions. The entire downtown area has been constructed for the purposes of tons of tourists and traffic for major events like NCAA finals and massive conventions. In addition to all that, it has a big ass international air port and if by some chance you couldn't get a flight into Indy, it is within driving distance from every major air port in the Mid West.

I'm pretty sure it is a perception thing. And Indy is now dangerous as fuck and might as well be Detroit when it comes to crime.

Xater

Guys is the WWE game cycle the same as the Sonic cycle at this point? Or are we past that and people have smartened up to just expect shit.

JavyOO7

Nintendo during the n64 era was god tier. Mario 64, Zelda OOT and Zelda MM, Starfox 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario Kart 64... RARE also decided to get really stronk in this era with Goldeneye, Banjo series, Perfect Dark, Conker... super fun times if you were a Nintendo/RARE studios fan. The little 3rd party titles that were there were good fun, especially the AKI developed wrestling titles.

Nintendo developed titles, many of them, weren't so hot in the GameCube era I feel. But Nintendo has been on fire with the Wii/DS/3DS/Wii U. And thank god for that. I'm perfectly fine with the Nintendo consoles/handhelds and then the super duper custom built PC for everything else... which I don't have yet but I will soon!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
we really need a "minimize thread" option or something. jesus fuck.

who the fuck even wants to discuss some of that shit?

No one wants to discuss it. It's just a 'one up' thing.
Guys is the WWE game cycle the same as the Sonic cycle at this point? Or are we past that and people have smartened up to just expect shit.
Sonic had 2 good fairly recent games though. WWE has had 1.

strobogo

Banned
Do you specifically pick them to be Wrasslegaf reactions? Just curious. They work well in here.

No. Just general reaction gifs.

I find it curious that Freckled Schmeckle would subconsciously intimate a feeling of identification with a main roster talent whose only chance at being successful is as a main event jobber with a cat obsession on the developmental show.

ibooMI4DsiGqdn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom