• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
You'd think after so many years on the internet, I'd have a gif collection. Not so much.

tumblr_m4m10rqp6L1qjx9ozo1_500.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH look at the balls on this one over here.

ibkhiLjlbLTLoM.gif

UberTag

Now, Vince is bringing back that stupid match and putting Daniel Bryan in it. Great. Cool. Can't wait until Daniel Bryan makes it to the final four and Kane runs in the ring and tosses him out this Sunday LIVE on the WWE Network for $9.99.
Just imagine how ENRAGED that would make the Philly crowd. They'll shit all over the Superoman victory if that scenario plays out.

Here's hoping D.Brine loses his Rumble spot tonight instead.

somedevil

It's not Punk's fault that the WWE doesn't pay Kane enough to where he can retire with all the money he's earned over the years and live comfortably.

That seems to be the WWE storyline. Wrestlers can't get hired anywhere else and they are bad with money.

How do you know this? So are we now creating storylines on why Kane is still with the WWE?

Toki767

How do you know this? So are we now creating storylines on why Kane is still with the WWE?

It's basically implied.

See: Ziggler/Ryback/Rowan.

Also see: Big Show last year.

Every time someone gets fired they treat it like they can't get jobs elsewhere and that they basically have no money.

Boob Bella was damn right distracting on RAW.

Also reasonably how much longer do we have to put up with Kane? Dude has been nothing more then "creative has nothing for you right now so how about you feud with Kane for a month?" for better talent for a decade.

Reigns is over, Bryan, while over, doesn't have the support he had last year, and Philly isn't gonna do shit. If they do boo WWE will move on to the next town and Reigns will get a face reaction.

If we were ever going to get another Austin match, I would bet everything it'd happen at WM 32. They want to break the attendance record. For that they need 100,000. Austin's comeback would pull that easily. Now it's just about figuring out who to put him with now that Punk is gone. If Austin doesn't come back next year, it'll never happen, but I would bet he will.

Xater

If we were ever going to get another Austin match, I would bet everything it'd happen at WM 32. They want to break the attendance record. For that they need 100,000. Austin's comeback would pull that easily. Now it's just about figuring out who to put him with now that Punk is gone. If Austin doesn't come back next year, it'll never happen, but I would bet he will.

Match wise, put him with Bryan. Austin seems high on the guy and Bryan seems to get a good match with almost anyone.

Match wise, put him with Bryan. Austin seems high on the guy and Bryan seems to get a good match with almost anyone.

From the few times I've listened to his podcast, I don't think Austin thinks much of his character and promo ability.

I am the biggest Bryan mark and the first to say Punk is overrated, but Punk is the perfect fit for him.

KissVibes

Banned
The only hope anyone has of Reigns not winning the Rumble is this: WrestleMania 32 will probably be the BIGGEST WrestleMania yet. I'm sure Jerry Jones and Vince will want it to be stupidly elaborate. Reigns winning next year and heading to WM32 could be massive for him. Plus, you can cart out Austin to drink beers with him at the end.

OR MAYBE HE WINS THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR TOO.

Just imagine how ENRAGED that would make the Philly crowd. They'll shit all over the Superoman victory if that scenario plays out.

Here's hoping D.Brine loses his Rumble spot tonight instead.

If Bryan loses it tonight, the chants will be DEAFENING.

Unless Bryan turns, I don't think he'd go for that. If I remember correctly, Austin has said he would want to work with a good heel if he came back. Cesaro is a possibility because Austin loves the hell out of him, but they'd have to start building him up for that pretty soon. I mean, if Austin wanted to guarantee Cesaro gets over with Vince, what better way than to handpick him as his last opponent?

Verendus

Banned
I think the last Royal Rumble match that I liked was in 2008, except for the whole Joan winning thing. It's been 7 years. 2014 might deliver. I might get a good Rumble match again.

Please godzilla help it deliver.

somedevil

TNA Viewership for Friday:

the episode that ran for 2 hours beginning at 9PM Eastern had an Adults 18-49 rating of 0.11, with total viewership of 387K. (That’s different from the total number of households, which was 331K.

So TNA will probably stay at this level on Destination America. The move basically cost them 700,000 to 900,000 viewers.

kiguel182

To be fair, that's what they assumed would happen last year with Batista. Not so much.

It won't happen this year.

While Bryan is the guy that a lot of people want to win the Rumble he doesn't have the story and the momentum he had last year. And yeah, Reigns is over.

Reigns will win, people won't do much about it and Bryan will face Kane at Mania.

Best for bussiness.

Toki767

It's going to be Austin vs Cena. Austin needs to pass that torch to the young up and coming face of the WWE.

I don't know how people could think otherwise.

Xater

Unless Bryan turns, I don't think he'd go for that. If I remember correctly, Austin has said he would want to work with a good heel if he came back. Cesaro is a possibility, but they'd have to start building him up for that pretty soon. I mean, if Austin wanted to guarantee Cesaro gets over with Vince, what better way than to handpick him as his last opponent?

I said match wise. Of course I don't think Bryan would turn for that.

Cesaro could work. He is a pretty good heel.

It won't happen this year.

While Bryan is the guy that a lot of people want to win the Rumble he doesn't have the story and the momentum he had last year. And yeah, Reigns is over.

Reigns will win, people won't do much about it and Bryan will face Kane at Mania.

Best for bussiness.

If they were doing Bryan vs. Kane at Mania, they wouldn't be doing it on TV two weeks in a row. They don't like giving away Mania matches, especially with bigger names. I don't think Bryan is winning the Rumble, but he is definitely not working Kane at Mania. You can quote me on that. Maybe Sheamus. Yeah, probably Sheamus.

Are people trying to convince themselves that it'll be Bryan/Kane so when it's inevitably Bryan/Sheamus they can pretend to be less disappointed?

If Stone Cold did come back they would probably just do Triple H v Austin because Triple H needs to be THAT GUY for every big returning name it seems.

It's going to be Austin vs Cena. Austin needs to pass that torch to the young up and coming face of the WWE.

I don't know how people could think otherwise.

It won't be Cena. Unless Cena is a heel. Austin wants to work with a heel. He doesn't like the face/face dynamic that Rock/Cena had.

If Stone Cold did come back they would probably just do Triple H v Austin because Triple H needs to be THAT GUY for every big returning name it seems.

Now this is a very real possibility. It's what they wanted to do last year, but Austin didn't agree to a deal for it.

Verendus

Banned
Here's one of the keys to a good Rumble.

You need a workhorse or two in there from the beginning so they'll be active an not lay around like lazy twats. Kind of like Undertaker back in 2008, and very unlike the carny mothafucka Punk last year. Therefore Bryan needs to be in there at number one. A good number two could be someone like Cesaro. Personally I would put both Orton and Bryan as number one and two, and have them last until the final four.

You have to start strong because 95% of the roster are a bunch of jobbers who no one gives a shit about.

It also wouldn't kill WWE to have Undertaker participate in a Rumble again as a one-off.

jesus christ there is no roster put him in the goddamn match

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Being 'able to go' doesn't really do anything for me in the WWE. Especially when most your matches are under 10 minutes.

Reminds me of that supposed thing with Triple H telling American Wolves 'I got a ton of guys who can go. You gotta do more than that.'

Verendus

Banned
1. Bryan
2. Orton

10. Rollins

16. Dean Ambrose

20. John Cena
21. Roman Reigns

25. Bray Wyatt

30. Undertaker

There, I covered the important entries. Also fine to switch Rollins and Orton around. That's potential for a well paced Rumble, and I'm sure Bryan can be trusted to get people working and work himself. Roman Reigns eliminates Cena first as soon as he comes in.

It's like I'm doing everyone's job for free. Someone feel free to send this to Double Double E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom