• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Cesaro wins the Rumble building off his battle royal win at Wrestlemania last year?

-crickets-
You mean building off his performance at the IC Title Battle Royal at Battleground
T4grfI8.gif

Kaladin

Whoever Roman's acting coach was must have played off his relationship to The Rock, because Roman comes off as a poor man's imitation of the great one.

Alucard

Banned
This Ascension problem is shit tier. They're taking like 5 seconds between each guy talking. Fuck.

Okay, APA showing up is awesome.

Alucard

Banned
Whoever Roman's acting coach was must have played off his relationship to The Rock, because Roman comes off as a poor man's imitation of the great one.

Yep. It's pretty embarrassing. They're writing him like Rock or Cena, but it doesn't fit at all. He needs his own unique voice, but it's not telling fairy tales and talking about comic books.

Alucard

Banned
Raw was pretty good in fast forward form. Skip the divas, New Day, Usos vs. Mizdow, and Rusev squash, and you've got a decent show. And hey, they only went 3 minutes over this week. Big plus. Keep this shit to no more than 3 hours, WWE.

RP912

Banned
Yep, Owens needs to build his rep in NXT for at least a year before going forward. If he goes forward too soon, it would be bad for him.

After reading about the Ascension. Getting called up to the WWE is REALLY not a good idea :/. They would make Owens do a running cannonball back to ROH quicker than Truth Martini shills his book.

Kaladin

Raw was pretty good in fast forward form. Skip the divas, New Day, Usos vs. Mizdow, and Rusev squash, and you've got a decent show. And hey, they only went 3 minutes over this week. Big plus. Keep this shit to no more than 3 hours, WWE.

That sounds about like every segment they skipped on the Hulu Plus edition.

Kaladin

After reading about the Ascension. Getting called up to the WWE is REALLY not a good idea :/. They would make Owens do a running cannonball back to ROH quicker than Truth Martini shills his book.

They have to do it right is all. The Ascension have been treated like chumps since being called up, and then fed to legends and made to look like the chumps you think they are.

I don't think they'll have this issue with guys like Sami Zayn who have established themselves and their characters more than Ascension have.

Lets be honest, with Ascension they have the look and the gimmick and we know they're decent brawlers but we don't know who they are beyond that.

It was too soon to call them up, but they couldn't do anything else really in NXT.

Alucard

Banned
That sounds about like every segment they skipped on the Hulu Plus edition.

You could probably even do without the Ambrose and Barrett match. 3 hours is just too damn long with the lack of star power on the roster. The only reason it worked this week was because of all the legends appearances.

Kaladin

You could probably even do without the Ambrose and Barrett match. 3 hours is just too damn long with the lack of star power on the roster. The only reason it worked this week was because of all the legends appearances.

I actually think they might have skipped that too.

Sephzilla

The Ascension absolutely do not have the look. They act like they're huge intimidating freaks but the more cut looking one of the duo is kind or short and the bigger guy of the two looked more out of shape than half of the old legends he was in the ring with.

They're basically the Bulk and Skull of WWE

Chopper

but they were born and bred to rip and shred
I died a little bit inside when they said that. I'm pleased those old dudes beat the crap out of them.

Seriously though, I marked out pretty hard for the APA.

Made me think, was JBL's horribly destructive commentary of the Ascension over the last few weeks actually a build to the APA's appearance? Cos it actually felt like it.

The Ascension absolutely do not have the look. They act like they're huge intimidating freaks but the more cut looking one of the duo is kind or short and the bigger guy of the two looked more out of shape than half of the old legends he was in the ring with.

Plus, they have the worst double-team finisher in the history of the business. Cesaro/Kidd's swing/dropkick is a million times cooler.

Sokantish

The Ascension absolutely do not have the look. They act like they're huge intimidating freaks but the more cut looking one of the duo is kind or shirt and the bigger guy of the two looked more out of shape than half of the old legends he was in the ring with

You better not talk bad about Konnor, Sunny will mess you up

RP912

Banned
They have to do it right is all. The Ascension have been treated like chumps since being called up, and then fed to legends and made to look like the chumps you think they are.

I don't think they'll have this issue with guys like Sami Zayn who have established themselves and their characters more than Ascension have.

Lets be honest, with Ascension they have the look and the gimmick and we know they're decent brawlers but we don't know who they are beyond that.

It was too soon to call them up, but they couldn't do anything else really in NXT.

They really booked them wrong. They should have carried the gimmick they had in NXT and made them become Bray's hitmen...OR...renegades for hire. Anything but that bullshit gimmick that's making them look like chewed up chumps instead of little credible tough guys.

I don't even care for the Ascension but the bullshit that happened last night was embarrassing and one of the reasons why I'm on strike.

I believe you just saved their careers friend Seph. Call Vince immediately.

Interesting Smackdown spoiler to start the show

* Daniel Bryan kicks off the show and introduces Ryback, Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan. The "fired" WWE Superstars return to a big pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom