• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Smackdown Spoiler:

Guess we know who probably going to turn soon.
Erick Rowan got What chants when they spoke after coming back and he lost to Harper. So he is not in the Rumble while Ziggler and Ryback are.

Wait.
Rusev lost? By DQ or countout I'm guessing?

Awesome Kong and Havoc is going to be a terrible fight.

I am probably not going out on Friday and Review an Impact tells me its FEAST OR FIRED so I might actually tune in.

KONG and Havok are unique looking characters but we have zero build outside of these are 2 "tough women" and there can be only one. I'd love to see them just go all Vader/Cactus Jack and beat the ever loving piss out of each other for my amusement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually haven't looked at one screenshot of the Majora's Mask remake. I probably shouldn't or it might tempt me. I assume it just looks like OoT 3ds because y'know.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually haven't looked at one screenshot of the Majora's Mask remake. I probably shouldn't or it might tempt me. I assume it just looks like OoT 3ds because y'know.

It looks reasonably better than that. I want to see if New 3DS brings anything besides a dynamic camera to it.

Even then Gyro aiming+30 FPS+just looking as good as OOT 3DS would make it a must buy.

Yeah Havok has a terminal case of not good.

Austin Aries on the other hand is so good and his match with Low Ki was fun til they crapped it up with interference causing the belt to change hands twice in 2 weeks. Smh

UberTag

Smackdown main event spoilers...

No Disqualifications Match

(5) Daniel Bryan def. Kane. There were a lot of shenanigans with J&J Security, but ultimately Bryan pulled it out.

Big Show is out to beat down on Daniel Bryan. Roman Reigns made the save and a giant brawl with half the roster broke out to end Smackdown heading into Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
Pretty much the worst case scenario imaginable for D.Brine fans.
At least the main event title match is semi-unpredictable still.

Bryan won. There was a brawl with the entire locker room. The Superstars left standing after that brawl were Ziggler, Reigns, Bryan, Ryback, Big Show, Kane and Dean Ambrose. SmackDown ends with just the babyfaces standing tall.

So we can safely assume our Rumble winner is in there, correct?

Bryan won. There was a brawl with the entire locker room. The Superstars left standing after that brawl were Ziggler, Reigns, Bryan, Ryback, Big Show, Kane and Dean Ambrose. SmackDown ends with just the babyfaces standing tall.

So we can safely assume our Rumble winner is in there, correct?

Yes because
Roman Reigns
is listed.

Yes because
Roman Reigns
is listed.

LLiNf8j.gif

somedevil

Well according to the WWE there is still 9 spots open for the Rumble.

edit: Why do people think he is still going to feud with Kane after the ending of Smackdown happened?

KissVibes

Banned
Well according to the WWE there is still 9 spots open for the Rumble.

The Outlaws
Kane
Masked Kane
The Boogeyman
Santino
JBL
Lawler
Booker T OR Bo Dallas

edit: Why do people think he is still going to feud with Kane after the ending of Smackdown happened?

Why do you think he isn't?

You're talking about a company that thought turning him into Daniel Wyatt was a legit good idea until casual fans took an absolute shit on the WWE.

Bryan is gonna feud with Kane for half of 2015.
Just like last year.
God is dead.

He's not gonna be feuding with Kane, calm down. Fuck, I like Bryan and even I am getting tired of all the doom and gloom people have about him. He'll be fine no matter what happens. He'll transition into another feud going into Mania. The Kane thing is just temporary.

UberTag

Time for another survey... what will be the main event title match for the WWE World Heavyweight championship at Wrestlemania 31?

A) Roman Reigns {Face} vs. Brock Lesnar {Heel} w/ Paul Heyman (fans cheer for Brock anyway)
B) Roman Reigns {Heel} vs. Brock Lesnar {Face}
C) Roman Reigns {Face} vs. Seth Rollins {Heel}
D) Roman Reigns {Face} vs. Seth Rollins {Heel} vs. Dean Ambrose {Tweener}
E) Randy Orton {Face} vs. Seth Rollins {Heel}

He's not gonna be feuding with Kane, calm down. Fuck, I like Bryan and even I am getting tired of all the doom and gloom people have about him. He'll be fine no matter what happens. He'll transition into another feud going into Mania. The Kane thing is just temporary.
You are correct, sir.

Sheamus shall be returning shortly.
Ambrose may turn heel.
Barrett will need a program for the IC title.
Harper could use somebody to job to him and make him look good.
Wyatt will need an opponent if Taker bails at the last second.
Dumb Fuck may want a turn at crippling someone new.

Plenty of options.

Being a Bryan fan consists of 50% legitimate worries on how WWE will treat him, 30% on his health and 20% of over-exaggerating those things as a coping mechanism.

Impact viewing is over and it was another instance of TNA overdoing everything. They have a few decent moments in most shows but generally they screw those up too. Aries/Ki with interference in an otherwise good match, the BDC existing and giving us the 750th TNA heel faction in the last 3 years, and EC3 who I enjoy feuding with the now bald freak from WCW.com live.

Saving grace was Lashley wearing the belt over his dress clothes like a boss.

People think that WWE hates Bryan. They don't. They love the guy, they just don't see him as the top guy. He won't be jobbing to random guys, and he won't get lost in the shuffle. If I had to guess, he'll probably be treated at Orton level. A guy who is sometimes on top, and sometimes a notch below the top. All the BS about them "burying" him is dumb. Not being in the main event of Mania for the second year in a row isn't a burial. Is it a bad decision? Yeah, probably. But let's not act like they are going to treat him like shit either, because they won't.

People think that WWE hates Bryan. They don't. They love the guy, they just don't see him as the top guy. He won't be jobbing to random guys, and he won't get lost in the shuffle. If I had to guess, he'll probably be treated at Orton level. A guy who is sometimes on top, and sometimes a notch below the top. All the BS about them "burying" him is dumb. Not being in the main event of Mania for the second year in a row isn't a burial. Is it a bad decision? Yeah, probably. But let's not act like they are going to treat him like shit either, because they won't.

No one thinks WWE hates Bryan.

He just jobbed to Bray Wyatt, who at the moment has nothing going for him and no build for the match. That's pretty random.

Orton level or Punk level is pretty feint praise. That's not a comment on how Bryan should be treated, that's a comment on how WWE treats everyone else.

We'll know a bit more come Sunday.

Watching ROH tv now pretty much just so I can see a St. Louis indy guy by the name of Dirty Jake Dirden. He is like a mix of Brody/Berserker and has worked for damn near every STL group and done some tours of Japan.

Outside of that the best part of the show has been the Jay Lethal medic alert promos.

UberTag

Still think orton is winning
That's a more likely scenario than Bryan winning the Rumble at this point.
Orton vs. Rollins for the title would be a half-decent title match if they had cold feet on Reigns but didn't want to throw their lot in with the Crippled Hobo again.

¡HarlequinPanic!;148419968 said:
lotta anime avatars upset that KI is at evo again this year.

Looking forward to those matches, its a hype as hell game to watch 8)

What are they made about? There are 2 anime games at Evo this year

He just jobbed to Bray Wyatt, who at the moment has nothing going for him and no build for the match. That's pretty random.

Let's say it again, for the hundredth time. They want Bray to be as over as possible, as they plan to have him face Undertaker. They wanted Bryan to look vulnerable going into his match with Kane so the stakes would be raised. Bray beating Bryan accomplished both of those things. It wasn't random. It was killing two birds with one stone. It was logical.

a bryan vs cena #2 would be okay

bryan vs lesnar would make sense with how they've handled the authority. this and cena/bryan #2 are the onl two matches with some past behind them to make the build to ppv seem meaningful and compelling

I could see them stretching the authority angle till mania through a daniel bryan match and a sting vs hhh match. They may also just start a ton of new feuds going into mania which to me is a terrible idea since they just restarted a story line that was mostly wrapped up. they can wrap up the tag team division feuds with an usos, miz/sandow, etc match. debut new tag teams after WM, we have guys like the ascension just starting out. same with all the authority and shit and matches for ziggler, ryback, big show, harper, rowan etc. through that storyline. ambrose kinda got removed from it when they started booking him with bray (bray/taker at WM).

besides ambrose the only other guy who doesn't have anyone to feud with is reigns. he's been out with an injury

reigns vs lesnar could happen and I could see them trying to build heat between reigns and the authority even though it would make no sense and hold no weight going into their biggest ppv. it would be like how when they managed to put cena into the rollins/ambrose feud only this will be with a guy who has no name and on the biggest ppv of the year.

Vylash

¡HarlequinPanic!;148419968 said:
lotta anime avatars upset that KI is at evo again this year.

Looking forward to those matches, its a hype as hell game to watch 8)

what's KI anyway? only games i paid attention to were Smash and Persona

Let's say it again, for the hundredth time. They want Bray to be as over as possible, as they plan to have him face Undertaker. They wanted Bryan to look vulnerable going into his match with Kane so the stakes would be raised. Bray beating Bryan accomplished both of those things. It wasn't random. It was killing two birds with one stone. It was logical.

c'mon son

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Killer Instinct is good and all, but I got MKX permanently on the brain now. Even what I've seen of SF5 has me like 'eh'. Show me more of that sweet MK action.

c'mon son

That is how they book almost every damn face on the roster and you know it. It's how they have always done it. Face looks vulnerable going into the big match. Happened to Cena going into both TLC and Survivor Series. Then face wins the big match. It's their formula. Just because it is Bryan and Kane doesn't make it different or special.

That is how they book almost every damn face on the roster and you know it. It's how they have always done it. Face looks vulnerable going into the big match. Happened to Cena going into both TLC and Survivor Series. Then face wins the big match. It's their formula. Just because it is Bryan and Kane doesn't make it different or special.

I understand and I know you're approaching it from WWE's mindset. I just don't like WWE's style, Bryan or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom