• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

After watching that awful episode of RAW, I canceled the Hulu trial. I could barely watch the 90 minute version. I don't know how you guys watch 3 hours of it.

Alucard

Banned
Watching ROH tv now pretty much just so I can see a St. Louis indy guy by the name of Dirty Jake Dirden. He is like a mix of Brody/Berserker and has worked for damn near every STL group and done some tours of Japan.

Outside of that the best part of the show has been the Jay Lethal medic alert promos.

What did you think of Alberto's debut promo and exchange with Lethal?

I understand and I know you're approaching it from WWE's mindset. I just don't like WWE's style, Bryan or not.

Okay, well then it's a pointless discussion to have. It's logical in terms of the way they make decisions and tell stories. Arguing that you don't like the way they do things is a different argument entirely. My point is that their booking of Bryan won't be as bad as most seem to think, irrelevant of what happens on Sunday. To argue that by comparing his booking to your standards is dumb. It's all relative to what decisions are being made around him.

Okay, well then it's a pointless discussion to have. It's logical in terms of the way they make decisions and tell stories. Arguing that you don't like the way they do things is a different argument entirely. My point is that their booking of Bryan won't be as bad as most seem to think, irrelevant of what happens on Sunday. To argue that by comparing his booking to your standards is dumb. It's all relative to what decisions are being made around him.

There's very little logic when it comes to WWE and the "way they make decisions and tell stories" - which is my greater point. Just the idea that WWE or you are trying to justify any sort of feud with Kane in 2015 is a problem.

There's very little logic when it comes to WWE and the "way they make decisions and tell stories" - which is my greater point. Just the idea that WWE or you are trying to justify any sort of feud with Kane in 2015 is a problem.

I'm not justifying the way they tell stories as a whole. I don't really like it. What I am saying is that that particular match with Wyatt on this particular week is not a bad idea.

Alucard

Banned
After watching that awful episode of RAW, I canceled the Hulu trial. I could barely watch the 90 minute version. I don't know how you guys watch 3 hours of it.

Alberto-El-Patron-Claps.gif

What did you think of Alberto's debut promo and exchange with Lethal?

Alberto loves the F word as I think every post WWE promo has been littered with it. That being said the promo was passionate and he seems legitimately happy to be wrestling in the States. Alberto is a guy who just oozes that superstar aura and is a benefit to ROH.

Lethal cut a damn good promo about his title and his place in the company. It felt like an old territories angle with the new guy coming in and his presence pissing off the established workhorse. Instantly made me want to watch there match up.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Watching the end of Raw. Why can't Sting have a fucking baseball bat? I think Cena walking with his back turned had more screen time than Sting.

Alucard

Banned
Alberto loves the F word as I think every post WWE promo has been littered with it. That being said the promo was passionate and he seems legitimately happy to be wrestling in the States. Alberto is a guy who just oozes that superstar aura and is a benefit to ROH.

Lethal cut a damn good promo about his title and his place in the company. It felt like an old territories angle with the new guy coming in and his presence pissing off the established workhorse. Instantly made me want to watch there match up.

Same here. Made Lethal come off like a big deal, or at least a guy with a big chip on his shoulder. He's now the longest-reigning ROH TV champion in the company's history, and he's had a damn impressive run, so he's earned the ability to be a little cocky from a heel perspective. I really dug it.

I also thought the same as you in regards to how passionate El Patron came off. Seemed much more unhinged and natural than he did in his time in the WWE. He must feel totally refreshed right now and be experiencing a similar euphoria to AJ Styles last year.

Fox318

I've waited forever for a rivalries episode and we get Edge vs Matt fucking Hardy?

fuck you vince

People aren't buying the network

so they have to cut features

then people cancel the network

then they cancel more features

The circle goes on and on.

Overall ROH was solid this week. Hot opener of Kaz vs Alexander which was well executed and had Daniels on commentary, ROH prospect match between 2 big men where the wrong man went over (Dijak was kind of bland), great promo exchange between Lethal/Patron and then Jay Briscoe vs Taven was surprisingly fun for a Taven match. All in all not bad show and makes me feel better about the 2nd row ROH tickets I just bought for their St. Louis area return.

Alucard

Banned
Overall ROH was solid this week. Hot opener of Kaz vs Alexander which was well executed and had Daniels on commentary, ROH prospect match between 2 big men where the wrong man went over (Dijak was kind of bland), great promo exchange between Lethal/Patron and then Jay Briscoe vs Taven was surprisingly fun for a Taven match. All in all not bad show and makes me feel better about the 2nd row ROH tickets I just bought for their St. Louis area return.

Cool. I though Dijak looked good and I wasn't a fan of Dirden. Wonder who we'll get next week. And Taven's looked much better since around June and Best in the World. Happy he dropped the 80s Rockers look.

Live ROH is typically a lot of fun. Enjoy, man.

RP912

Banned
So I was playing 2k14, Ambrose won a match and Cena came out of nowhere to give him the rub.

Is this a sign for Sunday friends?

DMczaf

I'm rewatching Payback 2014 when Evolution took Reigns' vest off to torture him.

After the Shield wins, he puts the vest back on right away lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom