• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PInk Tape

Banned
Remember when Jericho ran over Triple H's dog

#ActualAssholeJericho

Edit: New Paige (and Emma)

iSPFc3H6Pwwcc.gif

UberTag

Serious question: At what point does the WWE stop trotting out these old fucks? I mean, I know there is some novelty and nostalgia in bringing out these old wrestlers, but at some point it just becomes sad when Hogan and Flair can barely walk and Scott Hall looks like he's half dead. It ends up feeling more like a county fair stunt than something that should be happening on the largest promotion on the planet. Are they too reliant on this shit?
They keep trotting out the old fucks because it helps to pop a rating.
This happens because they're creatively bankrupt and they fuck over all of their active roster with even-steven booking, devalued titles and super-pushed faces.
And because they have no intention of changing the latter, you can rest assured we'll continue to get plenty more of the former.

Rollins is the best heel WWE has had in a while. He's just such a piece of shit. And he's so shameless about it. Plus he has cut down his move-set to do less of the crowd-pleasing stuff. When he turns face, it's gonna be huge. Forget Reigns, build the company around that guy.

Yep. This was the build for WM18's main event. And they wonder how they lost the Attitude Era casual audience in 2001-2002.

Damn, was that really one of the focal points of the feud? Must have blocked it in my memory.

Wrestlemania 18 was really a disappointment, their match as I remember wasn't all that good.

Vee_One

Damn, was that really one of the focal points of the feud? Must have blocked it in my memory.

Wrestlemania 18 was really a disappointment, their match as I remember wasn't all that good.

Their match wasn't bad so much - more the fact that it was never going to compete with Rock/Hogan and was booked second to it.

The WWF Champion Chris Jericho was a mere backdrop to the HHH vs. Steph feud. HHH really didn't care that much about Jericho until he ran over HHH's dog, Lucy.

The WWF Champion Chris Jericho was a mere backdrop to the HHH vs. Steph feud. HHH really didn't care that much about Jericho until he ran over HHH's dog, Lucy.
Looking back at the X8 card, there was some weird match ups.
Can't believe Haitch ended up losing the title to Hogan within a month, I really like Jericho as the champ at the time.

Anth0ny

Serious question: At what point does the WWE stop trotting out these old fucks? I mean, I know there is some novelty and nostalgia in bringing out these old wrestlers, but at some point it just becomes sad when Hogan and Flair can barely walk and Scott Hall looks like he's half dead. It ends up feeling more like a county fair stunt than something that should be happening on the largest promotion on the planet. Are they too reliant on this shit?

When they die. Serious answer. Until then, they'll use them to pop a rating.

I wonder if they'll bring back the current roster of geeks after they're retired. I don't think anyone will give a fuck about 95% of this roster in 20 years.

Aiii

So not worth it
When they die. Serious answer. Until then, they'll use them to pop a rating.

I wonder if they'll bring back the current roster of geeks after they're retired. I don't think anyone will give a fuck about 95% of this roster in 20 years.

Not about the Steve Blackman's, but sure, people will care for the top and upper midcard guys they grew up on.

UberTag

Seeing those gifs I realise how much I miss Edge.

Seth is like an Edge-HBK mix but....
Edge was like the last cocky-smarmy heel you just wanted to see his teeth get kicked in before we got Seth. So that's an apt comparison. (I don't count Miz because he always had a 'tool' factor going for him.)

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Mizdow as X Pac, was too legit looking. Miz was great.

I think Wyatt should win the Rumble as well Shawn, needs dat boost back up there.

lol Flair, Big Show was great.

Ascension need some mic work, so stop start.... sucks they let them get killed, should have been Miz and Mizdow.

Miz awesome as usual.

Rollin is the legit future, he's like Orton++

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching Nitro 21, which has Macho Man winning the World Title from Ric Flair as the first match of the show, then later has Sting and Luger win the tag belts from Harlem Heat.

The main event is Hulk Hogan vs One Man Gang followed by a segment with Macho, the Four Horseman and the Dungeon of Doom.

Two title changes on a regular old one-hour Monday Nitro, gotta love those Monday Night Wars.

Hasney

Randomly decided to watch Over The Limit 2012 and I love how they're pushing Christian as the big returning face in the opening battle royal, but he gets so much heat for eliminating Regal. Can't wait to see who gets random heat from the Philli crowd in a few days.

Randomly decided to watch Over The Limit 2012 and I love how they're pushing Christian as the big returning face in the opening battle royal, but he gets so much heat for eliminating Regal. Can't wait to see who gets random heat from the Philli crowd in a few days.

I remember Roman getting some heat for tossing El Torito over the other year.

Hasney

I remember Roman getting some heat for tossing El Torito over the other year.

Not surprised, dude was on fire in that Rumble.

Don't remember R-Truth and Kofi being tag champs, don't remember Reks and the other Edgehead that wasn't Zack Ryder were part of People Power, I was so bored of the product back then.

Rhodes/Christian is great though and I can't wait to watch Punk/Bryan.

Also, this version of Eve:

17119%20-%20%3E%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%20dirtsheets%20eve_torres%20gif%20glasses%20wwe.gif

BlazinAm

Looking back at the X8 card, there was some weird match ups.
Can't believe Haitch ended up losing the title to Hogan within a month, I really like Jericho as the champ at the time.

That match between Hogan and Triple H wasn't all that great either. I wonder if Jericho vs. Hogan would have been a better match for backlash. They could play up the fact that Jericho was in WCW and used that as a springboard.

Really not much of a benefit at the time of Triple H winning the title at the time unless you really see Hunter and Steph story as highly important. Also looking back at the card I see a lot of filler matches and wwe failing to use the WCW/ECW talent pool that they brought in.

I don't get how Cesaro does not have the "IT" factor, him as a top level wrestler would do a lot to remove the carny perception that WWE has. Also did not know that that Cesaro was a Paul Heyman guy how the hell did WWE do nothing with that.

Mahonay

Banned
That match between Hogan and Triple H wasn't all that great either. I wonder if Jericho vs. Hogan would have been a better match for backlash. They could play up the fact that Jericho was in WCW and used that as a springboard.

Really not much of a benefit at the time of Triple H winning the title at the time unless you really see Hunter and Steph story as highly important. Also looking back at the card I see a lot of filler matches and wwe failing to use the WCW/ECW talent pool that they brought in.
Vince was far too busy burying the new WCW talent as a kind of victory lap. Clearly more important. This one of the things that caused me to stop watching for a decade. Even as a teenager, those kind of vindictive and nonsensical moves made it embarrassing to be a wrestling fan.

Hasney

I've heard of cool down matches, but following up Punk/DBry with Hunico/Ryback is a bit of a joke.

Think I'll go back to DA:I.

I don't get how Cesaro does not have the "IT" factor, him as a top level wrestler would do a lot to remove the carny perception that WWE has. Also did not know that that Cesaro was a Paul Heyman guy how the hell did WWE do nothing with that.

I personally didn't buy the whole "King of swing" nickname though the move itself was over with the fans. Plus coming out in a bath robe when you only wear undies is abit weird nowadays.

Mahonay

Banned
It hurt Cesaro pretty much immediately. Fans were chomping at the bit to get behind him after that Mania performance, and WWE choose to immediately turn him heel. It made no sense and he floundered. That was the beginning of the end. If you go back and listen to the Steve Austin podcasts right after they paired him with Heyman, Austin expressed concern about how it would stifle his momentum. He was right.

Not to mention also going from the insanely over Real Americans theme, to the generic garbage he has now.

Browny

Banned
Plus coming out in a bath robe when you only wear undies is abit weird nowadays.

Added to Hasney's Flair jif, Sandow debuted in a similar fashion. Rick Rude wore a robe. Robes are for heels, and can be awesome when used properly.
Fuck you, Mark Mero.

Cesaro has not been used properly, hence the sullying of the robe as an accessory.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lottery is usually done by whoever does the Rumble OT. I'm looking at you, uh, whoever that is.

In related news I booted up 2k14 and within 10 mins, added everyone who pmed me. I'll post a list of who pmed me later today if I have time at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom