• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF Rumble Lottery

Right, so all you need to do is enter your GAF username in the form right here: http://goo.gl/forms/uSPTpMNg3d

Please use your exact username as it is on GAF, obviously. You can enter throughout Sunday, list will likely be made available around 5 PM EST that day. I am European and I cannot accept entries after this time due to being asleep and all, so make sure to enter in time. I will make as many 30-person lists as usernames allow, with the remainder making up the final list randomly. This means that multiple people will have the same number, of course.

Shit I just woke up and wrote neogaf for some reason. I feel dumb as fuck.

Alucard

Banned
None of them

You wanna get high all the time? Is that it? You smoking the pot, Alucard?

Oh my god, yes yes yes. I loved the original, this is just better on every level

Smoked pot once in my life and it wasn't for me. Just in terms of having the free time to do my own projects and show up at work once every few months to get that nostalgia pop. I'm also assuming RVD is fairly well off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I will be there, friend. And I'm talking about the main games. I know there will be even more shitty fighters irl. Like 3S.

You're one of the worst heels on the planet.

My passenger seat in the Ferrari is reserved for someone else on the PCH drive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had to play Ultra IV last night because a friend insisted and I forgot how shite it is, fuck that game. 3S for life, goddamnit.

Ultra's garbage. Such a mess of a game. They shoulda stuck with Vaniller.

Or added Urien to Ultra, that'd save it.

I really hope my #1 pick is available in 2K14.

In other news, 2k15 is half off on the Playstation Store this week, but only on PS3. Fuckin' carnys.

Ecliptor

I'm in for the lottery!

WTjQOnF.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;148465466 said:
Wait you hate third strike too? Do a lot of people? Its the only street fighter game I really like and even then I'm not a huge fan.

I feel like I'm livin' in a cuckoo clock here!

He's just trying to upset people. Don't fall for him kayfabin you. He'll play any fighting game you put in front of him.

We had fun at Fight of Fighters 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ff-F9e9KQE

Here's WrassleGAF's Fight of Fighters 2013 promo.

RP912

Banned
GAF Rumble Lottery

Right, so all you need to do is enter your GAF username in the form right here: http://goo.gl/forms/uSPTpMNg3d

Please use your exact username as it is on GAF, obviously. You can enter throughout Sunday, list will likely be made available around 5 PM EST that day. I am European and I cannot accept entries after this time due to being asleep and all, so make sure to enter in time. I will make as many 30-person lists as usernames allow, with the remainder making up the final list randomly. This means that multiple people will have the same number, of course.

I'm in.

2009-royal-rumble-o.gif

Alucard

Banned
About to watch Fantasicamania Day 2 this morning. I'm going in with high hopes that it's better than day 1.

I've only watched the first two matches so far and thought they were...okay. Just random wrestling fun. Hoping it picks up a bit, though.

As a Taguchi mark, you'll enjoy some of his moments in his match, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn so much of GWF was on the cutting edge.

Remember the inaugural night, where Bootaaay stole Laserfrog's championship? Where Sokantish cemented HIS title as the Dirtiest Player in the Game?

Remember when Laserfrog and Soulplaya were transported back in time to an episode of WCW Nitro and wrestled in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME?

Remember when Bishoptl actually deleted one of our members after losing a "Loser gets deleted from the Roster" match, as a final act of being a sore loser?

Remember when Faction Warfare happened, and MMA-GAF invaded?

So many tales to tell, so many lost in the ether of time...

Aiii

So not worth it
All I remember is totally getting BERRIED after losing the TV Title one week after winning it.

That was some next level Rey Mysterio booking.

RP912

Banned
I've only watched the first two matches so far and thought they were...okay. Just random wrestling fun. Hoping it picks up a bit, though.

As a Taguchi mark, you'll enjoy some of his moments in his match, though.

Nice some more Taguchi. So far it's ok at best. I'm treating this like a random event more than a mindblowing one like Wrestle Kingdom/G1.

VoxPop

Just chiming in on the thread to get an update on the state of wrestling. Barely keep up with it anymore so some updates would be nice.

What happened to Reigns? Injury? Is he no longer the poster boy everyone wanted?

I'm assuming Rollins has gotten some huge push cause he was the jobber in The Shield with the cool hair nobody really cared about. I assumed he would take some shitty henchman gimmick once he left the Shield and his feud with Ambrose ended.

Cena still on pace for a Mania main event and his 20th title run? Even after getting suplexed by Brock 50 times?

What was the whole Sting angle when he debuted? What is he doing now? Does he still look old as fuck like in TNA?

Daniel Bryan back yet? Do they plan to push him again or job to Corporate Kane for the rest of his career?

What are the current Mania plans?

Who's the favorite to win the Rumble?

Did Taker retire?

I hear Brock might go back to the UFC so I'm assuming he's dropping the belt come Mania time?

Has Bray Wyatt been buried yet?

Barrett and Cesaro still stuck in mid card?

Are RKO's still out of nowhere?

Are they still shilling the Network?

sorry for all the questions

imBask

Banned
Just chiming in on the thread to get an update on the state of wrestling. Barely keep up with it anymore so some updates would be nice.

What happened to Reigns? Injury? Is he no longer the poster boy everyone wanted?

I'm assuming Rollins has gotten some huge push cause he was the jobber in The Shield with the cool hair nobody really cared about. I assumed he would take some shitty henchman gimmick once he left the Shield and his feud with Ambrose ended.

Cena still on pace for a Mania main event and his 20th title run? Even after getting suplexed by Brock 50 times?

What was the whole Sting angle when he debuted? What is he doing now? Does he still look old as fuck like in TNA?

Daniel Bryan back yet? Do they plan to push him again or job to Corporate Kane for the rest of his career?

What are the current Mania plans?

Who's the favorite to win the Rumble?

Did Taker retire?

I hear Brock might go back to the UFC so I'm assuming he's dropping the belt come Mania time?

Has Bray Wyatt been buried yet?

Barrett and Cesaro still stuck in mid card?

Are RKO's still out of nowhere?

Are they still shilling the Network?

Reigns delivers the worst promos of all time week after week and is most likely going to win the rumble sunday

Ambrose had a major push and bray killed it

Bryan is back

Taker is M.I.A.

Barrett is the IC champ, Cesaro is in a tag team with Kidd in the lower mid card

Orton is M.I.A., but he'll be back soon

May I have some donuts?

Yes of course.

You're one of the worst heels on the planet.

My passenger seat in the Ferrari is reserved for someone else on the PCH drive.

Not happening brother. We will plan this out and travel in style.

I had to play Ultra IV last night because a friend insisted and I forgot how shite it is, fuck that game. 3S for life, goddamnit.

3 and 4 are the worst SF. ST for life!

¡HarlequinPanic!;148465466 said:
Wait you hate third strike too? Do a lot of people? Its the only street fighter game I really like and even then I'm not a huge fan.

I feel like I'm livin' in a cuckoo clock here!

Not at all. I do like the characters but the gameplay is hoboriffic. Parrys are terrible. Ruin the fireball game.

He's just trying to upset people. Don't fall for him kayfabin you. He'll play any fighting game you put in front of him.

We had fun at Fight of Fighters 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ff-F9e9KQE

Here's WrassleGAF's Fight of Fighters 2013 promo.

My friend, this is all truth. I was the MVP of FoF2K13. Best in the world.

Alucard

Banned
Nice some more Taguchi. So far it's ok at best. I'm treating this like a random event more than a mindblowing one like Wrestle Kingdom/G1.

Pretty much. It's like a random McDonald's meal a few weeks after you've eaten at a high class restaurant. Still filling, but you know it doesn't compare.

dream

Speaking of bad shit, how bad was that Stinger segment, Sunflower? From Sting wearing red Wolfpac colors, to his short, thin, slicked back ashy grey hair, to John Cena winning the match with a schoolboy, to Bradshaw immediately insisting that it was "just a picture" while Booker immediately insisting that it was really Sting. My god. Just fucking terrible shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. What happened to Reigns? Injury? Is he no longer the poster boy everyone wanted?

2. I'm assuming Rollins has gotten some huge push cause he was the jobber in The Shield with the cool hair nobody really cared about. I assumed he would take some shitty henchman gimmick once he left the Shield and his feud with Ambrose ended.

3. Cena still on pace for a Mania main event and his 20th title run? Even after getting suplexed by Brock 50 times?

4. What was the whole Sting angle when he debuted? What is he doing now? Does he still look old as fuck like in TNA?

5. Daniel Bryan back yet? Do they plan to push him again or job to Corporate Kane for the rest of his career?

6. What are the current Mania plans?

7. Who's the favorite to win the Rumble?

8. Did Taker retire?

9. I hear Brock might go back to the UFC so I'm assuming he's dropping the belt come Mania time?

10. Has Bray Wyatt been buried yet?

11. Barrett and Cesaro still stuck in mid card?

12. Are RKO's still out of nowhere?

13. Are they still shilling the Network?

1. - Reigns had Vince himself writing material and it was horrible. The shine's off him, in my opinion, and they're going a different route. He needs another year anyway.

2. - Rollins has been the best heel in a long time. He's really delivered in matches AND promos. He's fantastic.

3. -Probably, tough to say though

4. - Sting screwed HHH's team out of a win at Survivor Series and sowed the seeds for Sting vs HHH at Mania, which I'm wanting. He looks good. Older, but good. He showed up last week for his second appearance to fuck with Hunter some more.

5. He's back and it's hard to say. He's seriously in a Kane feud right now, but he JUST got back. VERY possible he wins the rumbo.

6. Dunno, honestly, and I like it like that.

7. I really don't know.

8. Not sure. Hope so.

9. Probably? Dunno though

10. He's been buried but just beat Bryan. He can get built up again FAST.

11. Yes

12. Yes

13. Yes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of bad shit, how bad was that Stinger segment, Sunflower? From Sting wearing red Wolfpac colors, to his short, thin, slicked back ashy grey hair, to John Cena winning the match with a schoolboy, to Bradshaw immediately insisting that it was "just a picture" while Booker immediately insisting that it was really Sting. My god. Just fucking terrible shit.

MAGGLE ITS JUST A PICTURE THATS NOT REALLY STING

I don't know if they're scared of helping out Sting's looks due to how silly Nash looked with black hair when he came back, or what, but he could use a little help. I wasn't a fan of Wolfpac colors at all. But I see why they'd do that.

Bradshaw is the worst thing on the planet right now, not just for how he's doing the Ascension dirty. I hope he gets a "Nuclear Fallout" through a table this Sunday.

VoxPop

Reigns delivers the worst promos of all time week after week and is most likely going to win the rumble sunday

Ambrose had a major push and bray killed it

Bryan is back

Taker is M.I.A.

Barrett is the IC champ, Cesaro is in a tag team with Kidd in the lower mid card

Orton is M.I.A., but he'll be back soon

Vince McMahon said:
1. - Reigns had Vince himself writing material and it was horrible. The shine's off him, in my opinion, and they're going a different route. He needs another year anyway.

2. - Rollins has been the best heel in a long time. He's really delivered in matches AND promos. He's fantastic.

3. -Probably, tough to say though

4. - Sting screwed HHH's team out of a win at Survivor Series and sowed the seeds for Sting vs HHH at Mania, which I'm wanting. He looks good. Older, but good. He showed up last week for his second appearance to fuck with Hunter some more.

5. He's back and it's hard to say. He's seriously in a Kane feud right now, but he JUST got back. VERY possible he wins the rumbo.

6. Dunno, honestly, and I like it like that.

7. I really don't know.

8. Not sure. Hope so.

9. Probably? Dunno though

10. He's been buried but just beat Bryan. He can get built up again FAST.

11. Yes

12. Yes

13. Yes

Thank you very much fellas.

I guess it worked out that Reigns didn't get that early title push after the near Rumble win last year.

Surprised about the Rollins news. Always figured him to be the Matt Hardy of the group but with Jeff Hardy's looks.

Lol @ another HHH mania match. Especially one of such magnitude being wasted with him. Will this guy ever retire?

You saying he was in a Kane feud again had me rolling.

Surprised Tyson Kidd is still around.

Bryan still getting beaten by guys with no current relevance? Jeez.

Cenawins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom