• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted?

Bleacher Report was given the inside story on the Daniel Bryan storyline, from inception to finale.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

7adf340a53b779004d6c94f171f76cee_crop_north.jpg

Whoa, what?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bruce reminds me of the last boss on Streets of Rage. Dude has this boss persona that Big Johnny had during people power.

Two peas in a pod, for sure. Johnny and Bruce are so good at that, they could be brothers.

Aiii

So not worth it
A new week begins Wednesday, after Raw ends Monday night and SmackDown tapes on Tuesday night, with several meetings to flesh out ideas for the next week. Eventually, the rough ideas end up being presented to the lead writing team and senior brass, including WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon and Triple H, in a giant conference room with a long sturdy table.

On Monday, after days of development, the script hits the hands of the talent and the road team of agents and experts.

I point to this as Exhibit A on why WWE writing is bad.

They start writing the next weeks show, less than 5 days ahead of time. Imagine any TV show. Those guys have the outline, with details, written months ahead of shooting of the first episode of a new season. They then give those outlines to their writers to flesh out and subsequently critique and adapt. Three drafts later, maybe the script is there to shoot. The writer is then on set with the director to make final changes that may come up during shooting.

If an event in ep 10 is changed, previous ep can be rewritten to make sense or foreshadow events to come.

In WWE, they don't know what will be on TV five days from now. And Vince and Trips, the lead creative, don't give any input until after the writers have written drafts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's an alright story. I wouldn't call it unprecedented access really. The good revelation in there is that Bryan was berrying himself for it around SS time, he didn't want a single win. Just berries upon berries. And I know it got WrassleGAF worked the fuck up too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here you go;

Pro-tip; google image search "neogaf bruce tharpe" and set the image type to animated, should bring up all the gifs.

Good tip. This will come in handy for Kailyn Ass Bump Jiff

I'm not buying all that I'm reading so far. I guess those beatdowns did achieve the "heavy heat" Bryan wanted but it sure as fuck wasn't entertaining for month after month. Also they pulled the plug on him because of the SummerSlam prelim numbers, despite the fact the show ended up doing very well - better than Summer of Punk.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Dean Ambrose
Bray Wyatt
Bad News Barrett
Dolph Ziggler
Ryback
Big Show
Kane
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
R-Truth
Damien Sandow
The Miz
Fernando
Diego
Justin Gabriel
Goldust
Stardust
Rusev

That's the RR card so far. Ten spots left.

Any guesses? I'll say Kofi will work double duty. Randy Orton returns. Bo probably returns too. Darren Young as well? Luke Harper. NXT gets an entrance. That's 26. 4 spots left. Um they'll do a comedy entrant, I would guess the bunny. 3 more. Fandango, Jack Swagger, heath slater, mark henry, sheamus(if he's ready), sin cara, Titus, Zack ryder.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget Adam Rose and The Bunny will probably be slotted in.

Vylash

Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Dean Ambrose
Bray Wyatt
Bad News Barrett
Dolph Ziggler
Ryback
Big Show
Kane
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
R-Truth
Damien Sandow
The Miz
Fernando
Diego
Justin Gabriel
Goldust
Stardust
Rusev

That's the RR card so far. Ten spots left.

Any guesses? I'll say Kofi will work double duty. Randy Orton returns. Bo probably returns too. Darren Young as well? Luke Harper. NXT gets an entrance. That's 26. 4 spots left. Um they'll do a comedy entrant, I would guess the bunny. 3 more. Fandango, Jack Swagger, heath slater, mark henry, sheamus(if he's ready), sin cara, Titus, Zack ryder.

i'd say Kofi, Big E, Sheamus, 2 NXT spots to probably Neville and Breeze, a minimum of 3 non contracted guys, RVD, and Brad Maddox or Otunga in the last spot

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of Pampero Firpo but I'd love to see his work. Looks awesome.
tumblr_niahfgChEu1rkf4k0o1_400.jpg

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I point to this as Exhibit A on why WWE writing is bad.

They start writing the next weeks show, less than 5 days ahead of time. Imagine any TV show. Those guys have the outline, with details, written months ahead of shooting of the first episode of a new season. They then give those outlines to their writers to flesh out and subsequently critique and adapt. Three drafts later, maybe the script is there to shoot. The writer is then on set with the director to make final changes that may come up during shooting.

If an event in ep 10 is changed, previous ep can be rewritten to make sense or foreshadow events to come.

In WWE, they don't know what will be on TV five days from now. And Vince and Trips, the lead creative, don't give any input until after the writers have written drafts.
South Park does the same. Works out well for them.

The article didn't even mention the Wyatt Family fuckery, which happened after the Seattle RAW that allegedly changed their minds on him. I've already wasted enough words on disputing a Bleacher Report article.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The article didn't even mention the Wyatt Family fuckery, which happened after the Seattle RAW that allegedly changed their minds on him. I've already wasted enough words on disputing a Bleacher Report article.

It's really a shame that story didn't get to breathe. Daniel Wyatt was such a great thing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People are trying to pretend like he's not over.

I'll say it again. He will not get the Batista treatment if he wins the Rumble. He will get more cheers than boos.

Edit: Oh, the Rumble's in Philly? Never mind. All bets are off.

Philly isn't going to do shit, bunch of marks. Kind of interested to see the reactions if Reigns gets the biggest pop of the night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's an alright story. I wouldn't call it unprecedented access really. The good revelation in there is that Bryan was berrying himself for it around SS time, he didn't want a single win. Just berries upon berries. And I know it got WrassleGAF worked the fuck up too.
I was convinced it was a work around then.

I tell you what. Last year cemented in my mind that the Rumble is a show people travel for. It has some of the priciest tickets for a WWE event ever. This is the hardest of the hardcore fans, and they are going to boo and cheer who they please.

And last year, you could have made a case that it was a one time crowd that wouldn't carry. But it did. There's precedence.

UberTag

Who's the favorite to win the Rumble?
7. I really don't know.

tumblr_lts438maXC1qmajmb.gif

What are the current Mania plans?
6. Dunno, honestly, and I like it like that.

1YbiT.gif

Daniel Bryan back yet? Do they plan to push him again or job to Corporate Kane for the rest of his career?
5. He's back and it's hard to say. He's seriously in a Kane feud right now, but he JUST got back. VERY possible he wins the rumbo.

giphy.gif

What happened to Reigns? Injury? Is he no longer the poster boy everyone wanted?
1. - Reigns had Vince himself writing material and it was horrible. The shine's off him, in my opinion, and they're going a different route. He needs another year anyway.

giphy.gif

it won't be a complete 180 turn like last year, but it won't be a "happy super fun time with Reigns celebrating with the crowd" either

He'll get booed but not rejected. WWE can move on to the next town who will welcome him as a face and they can probably rehab his image by Mania. Maybe.

I get why they had Bryan return before the Rumble - hype the PPV and help SmackDown ratings - but if they wanted him to win they probably should have held off for a surprise return in the Rumble. People would have hope he's there anyway and if they really wanted to hype it they could have it "leak" that he was going to be there and people would anticipate him like they did last year. As of this week, he's just another contender. Maybe.

strobogo

Banned
Man, fuck you guys. This thread is off topic 60% of the time or more and while you all are still watching shitty shows that you don't even like so you can complain about them, I'm watching a show I actually like and providing fun gifs in the process. So you can call be miserable cunts. I'm enjoying what I'm doing and watching, so go fuck yourselves.

imBask

Banned
Man, fuck you guys. This thread is off topic 60% of the time or more and while you all are still watching shitty shows that you don't even like so you can complain about them, I'm watching a show I actually like and providing fun gifs in the process. So you can call be miserable cunts. I'm enjoying what I'm doing and watching, so go fuck yourselves.

so I understand you don't watch RAW?

;););););););););););););););););););););)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He'll get booed but not rejected. WWE can move on to the next town who will welcome him as a face and they can probably rehab his image by Mania. Maybe.

He'll get booed by 10-15 smarks trying their hardest to get a "Roman sucks" chant going. The rest of the crowd will cheer as usual.

Aiii

So not worth it
GAF Rumble Lottery

Right, so all you need to do is enter your GAF username in the form right here: http://goo.gl/forms/uSPTpMNg3d

Please use your exact username as it is on GAF, obviously. You can enter throughout Sunday, list will likely be made available around 5 PM EST that day. I am European and I cannot accept entries after this time due to being asleep and all, so make sure to enter in time. I will make as many 30-person lists as usernames allow, with the remainder making up the final list randomly. This means that multiple people will have the same number, of course.

Already only a couple shy of 60 entries.

EKpNGBk.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Day of the Warrior gifs are appreciated 100% by the WrassleGAF Ruling Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom