• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Man, fuck you guys. This thread is off topic 60% of the time or more and while you all are still watching shitty shows that you don't even like so you can complain about them, I'm watching a show I actually like and providing fun gifs in the process. So you can call be miserable cunts. I'm enjoying what I'm doing and watching, so go fuck yourselves.

Sopranos not touching Shibata's knee boots.

strobogo

Banned
Hey guys, can you tell me about some obscure Euro indie that runs 3 times every election cycle that uses a ring made out of hard cheese and ropes made out of Twizzlers? I mean, so I can gif it to be on topic.

Stro shitting on Euro indies again, for some reason. The BritWres Revival is in full swing, accept it, dammit. PROGRESS run every 6 weeks and sold 700 tickets in 36 minutes for their show in March. Pretty much every US indie would kill for that kind of buzz.

*edit, stro, watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

I know you're going to hate absolutely everything about it, I'm just interested in seeing how much you hate it.

Heel

Strobogo, maybe you should start posting creepy animated GIFs of female wrestlers every single day instead, as that seems to go unchecked on WrassleGAF.

strobogo

Banned
Stro shitting on Euro indies again, for some reason. The BritWres Revival is in full swing, accept it, dammit. PROGRESS run every 6 weeks and sold 700 tickets in 36 minutes for their show in March. Pretty much every US indie would kill for that kind of buzz.

*edit, stro, watch this;

I know you're going to hate absolutely everything about it, I'm just interested in seeing how much you hate it.

No. Fuck you. Fuck the Euro wrestling scene. Bitch that I hate everything even though I'm watching and sharing something I love. Then you post something you know I'm going to hate so I'll bitch about it.

UberTag

Hey guys, can you tell me about some obscure Euro indie that runs 3 times every election cycle that uses a ring made out of hard cheese and ropes made out of Twizzlers? I mean, so I can gif it to be on topic.
Bully Ray: I could be new James Gandolfini

BullyRay_zps5969c38f.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

*edit, stro, watch this;

US Indies rarely have that kind of restraint to wait six weeks to do another show. PROGRESS is dope as fuck, though, and I highly recommend it to wrestle-friends.

Strobogo, maybe you should start posting creepy animated GIFs of female wrestlers every single day instead, as that seems to go unchecked on WrassleGAF.

Hey now. You trying to say female wrestlers should not celebrate the bodies that they work so hard to attain? This is muscle shaming on a next-gen level.

strobogo

Banned
Stro's obviously a bit down in the dumps, guys. Let's post some gifs of his all-time favourite wrestler to cheer him up;

ibj72PJn2V77WM.gif

I'm down in the dumps because this community has been dog shit lately and all you have are people bitching about WWE and people bitching about people bitching about WWE. Then when people post something they actually enjoy, people get mad because is "off topic" when this thread is off topic every day.

God forbid people stop watching wrestling and want to stay in the community. Check every community thread. They never stay on topic. Black Culture thread is 10% black culture, 90% horse/bear/anime/comics/ain't shit. Sports communities talk about anything but sports. The point of the community threads isn't to talk about one topic non stop. The point is for a group of people who are bonded around a particular subject or form of entertainment to gather around and shoot the shit about whatever it is they want to shoot the shit about. So fuck you, I'm going to post about shit I want to post about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're right. Excuse me.

Should I post the winners when the issue hits?

Sure, I'd love to discuss it with WrassleGAF.

Also I want to add that Community OTs are a place for people with a similar interest to talk about anything, but always return to the focus of the similar interest.

We go off topic and that's more than just encouraged.

It's allowed.

Stro, I'll back away at this point because you're obviously taking my comments more seriously than intended. I like the Sorpranos gifs man, it's my all-time favourite show (not named Star Trek). Sorry if I'm being an asshole.

Watching an indie DVD and its filmed with two hard cameras opposite each other, what is this madness? One of them is set at an entirely different colour balance from the other as well.

UberTag

So do physical copies of The Observer still a thing? Was it ever a thing? I always wondered what a copy actually looks like.
They're still a thing. The newsletters get printed, mailed and arrive a week after they get posted online but, for the old farts who hate reading stuff on a screen, it's a service that's still offered today.

RP912

Banned
I agree that there needs to be more of a shoot the shit type of feeling around these parts. We forever talking shit about the obvious (WWE being shit) and forgetting the purpose of what makes a community. My only gripe is not enough talk about indie wrestling and when there's talk about indie wrestling, there's a few that shit on the purpose of discussion for indie wrestling.

Other than that

Wrasslegaf all day.

I have no real issues with this thread, really. The only posters that get on my nerves are the UberTag types. I don't give enough of a shit, but stro's random movie reviews do break up the monotony sometimes.

Heel

Hey now. You trying to say female wrestlers should not celebrate the bodies that they work so hard to attain? This is muscle shaming on a next-gen level.

It's one thing to occasionally remark on the beauty of a WWE Diva, but it's quite another to carefully frame an animated GIF of a WWE Diva who was in a submission hold as to allude to her receiving oral sex, and then post it on a video game message board, and continue to post things like it on a daily basis.

It's disturbing behavior that has gone widely unchecked on WrassleGAF. If BIONIC is reading from the rafters, I give him permission to snitch.

Xater

*edit, stro, watch this;

wXw has probably even more event although the important stuff in Oberhausen is on the same schedule. Vince Russo also just showed up on the last show as the secret investor.

RP912

Banned
Last wrestling magazine I bought was PWI in 1996. I read that book like it was the Holy Bible. I really wanted that text based wrestling game that was advertised for 40 bones :(.

UberTag

I have no real issues with this thread, really. The only posters that get on my nerves are the UberTag types. I don't give enough of a shit, but stro's random movie reviews do break up the monotony sometimes.
I can always review movies, too. I'm planning to watch Whiplash shortly.
JK Simmons apparently plays a heel so vile that even the likes of Dixie Carter wouldn't be able to turn him babyface. And her wrestlers flip alignments at each phase of the moon.

Browny

Banned
This thread is probably the reason why I spend so much time on GAF. I found GAF because of the "show us your gaming setup" threads, looking for desk ideas, and then it was "oh look, a wrasslin' community that talks about wrasslin' and other stuff too and isn't up it's own arse and is fun and playful and people take time to make exciting and entertaining content".

RP912

Banned
This thread is probably the reason why I spend so much time on GAF. I found GAF because of the "show us your gaming setup" threads, looking for desk ideas, and then it was "oh look, a wrasslin' community that talks about wrasslin' and other stuff too and isn't up it's own arse and is fun and playful and people take time to make exciting and entertaining content".

This.

Probably the only wrestling community I wear with pride. The last one I was associated with was full of vile miserable fucking people that constantly flip flop more than a Big Show turn. Even though there's a share of issues here, I like the idea of a non serious approach to wrasslin discussions without the overkill of smark ideals.

Those setup threads makes me feel like such a piece of shit. A bunch of Bruce Wayne's up in that place. Good on em yeah but of course I'll be jealous as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom