• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Those setup threads makes me feel like such a piece of shit. A bunch of Bruce Wayne's up in that place. Good on em yeah but of course I'll be jealous as fuck.

I'm ashamed of my own setup going into that thread. I have a budget build that gets the job done, and a ps3 on the opposite side of the table with a cheap ass Walmart HDTV connected to it.

imBask

Banned
This.

Probably the only wrestling community I wear with pride. The last one I was associated with was full of vile miserable fucking people that constantly flip flop more than a Big Show turn. Even though there's a share of issues here, I like the idea of a non serious approach to wrasslin discussions without the overkill of smark ideals.

this thread is great and it's also the only wrestling community I actually enjoy. Reddit is SPOILER land, and also the land of people complaining about mods...
I love you guys.

i'd backstab you anytime at the rumble, but I love you guys

Heel

You know what? It's dawned on me that Jon Taffer is just a better version of Paul Heyman. He should guest host Monday Night RAW and shut it down.

LmCzSKs.jpg

imBask

Banned
Those setup threads makes me feel like such a piece of shit. A bunch of Bruce Wayne's up in that place. Good on em yeah but of course I'll be jealous as fuck.

setup threads are literally the same as OCD threads, those people are nuts

my favorite setups are the one where they'll clean everything up real nice and then make sure to include their tablet, phone, vita, 3ds, kindle, smartwatch and other gadgets in the shot

Ithil

"The final call is Vince," Triple H said. "He gets all these suggestions and ideas, and he weighs in on them. It's a collaborative effort, but there's one general. And that guy makes the final call. There's never an open-ended debate between four people about what should happen on the shows. ... At some point it gets to Vince, and Vince goes, 'Here's what we're going to do.' And that's what we go do."

Wonder what the problem could be.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE is considering the idea of having one or two NXT stars participate in Sunday’s 30-man Royal Rumble match.

Obviously should be Neville and Zayn.

But, wouldn't it be awesome if #1 or #2 was Devitt, in body paint and full fledged entrance?

Watching an indie DVD and its filmed with two hard cameras opposite each other, what is this madness? One of them is set at an entirely different colour balance from the other as well.

Chikara: THE MUSICAL (I'm pretty sure they did this a couple times)
But yeah indie production is so slipshod it's not even funny. You'd think that would be the first thing on everyone's mind, but...

setup threads are literally the same as OCD threads, those people are nuts

my favorite setups are the one where they'll clean everything up real nice and then make sure to include their tablet, phone, vita, 3ds, kindle, smartwatch and other gadgets in the shot

What are you talking about, I use my smart watch by not wearing it and putting it on my table all the time!

I watch bits and pieces of PROGRESS on youtube and it seems like a fun show with some quality talent. At some point I will give them money to download a show, even though I prefer physical media.

Also Alucard you seem to like that Dijak guy from the ROH top prospect tournament more than I do. For some reason I just don't wanna see a 6'7 guy doing flippies in a promotion full of guys who are smaller and do it better. Probably why I like Dirden as he does the deranged giant crazy guy gimmick and has a recognizable finish that's easy to get over.

Browny

Banned

But, wouldn't it be awesome if #1 or #2 was Devitt, in body paint and full fledged entrance?

It would - but I feel it would be wasted without a nice build like they did in NXT.

So yeah, do it before creative fuck him up.

XenoRaven

Balor's first appearance on the main roster should not involve body paint. Establish him first and have the body paint be a surprise to the general audience when he decides to use it.

RP912

Banned
I'm about to see if any of the Hellraisers are on Netflix just for pure fuckery. I been on Korean movie kick with Netflix.

Kaladin

Looking forward to tonight's NXT:

*WWE NXT champion Sami Zayn vs. Tye Dillinger.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Curtis Axel vs. Finn Bálor.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami.

*The Vaudevillians vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks.

strobogo

Banned
I'm about to see if any of the Hellraisers are on Netflix just for pure fuckery. I been on Korean movie kick with Netflix.

I don't recommend either of them. They're all terrible, even the first two which are "the good ones". They're bad movies. The kind of bad that are completely unenjoyable to watch. And the longer they go on, the worse they get, the more the rip off from other movies, and the less money they get to make them. They're bad movies. Watch the ANOES or Halloween or F13th series instead.

RP912

Banned
I don't recommend either of them. They're all terrible, even the first two which are "the good ones". They're bad movies. The kind of bad that are completely unenjoyable to watch. And the longer they go on, the worse they get, the more the rip off from other movies, and the less money they get to make them. They're bad movies. Watch the ANOES or Halloween or F13th series instead.

Whats the consensus on the Puppet Master series?

UberTag

Wow, I hadn't realized they'd released enough direct-to-video cash grabs in that franchise to rate as a series.
If you want to watch killer dolls, you're probably better off rewatching the original Child's Play.

Fuck, there's more than one? I think I only ever watched the first. It's fun but it was always flirting with corny throughout the whole film. Given how horror franchises tend to get worse to some degree with each movie, I can't even fathom how shit Puppet Master 5 is.

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp.gif

RP912

Banned
Fuck, there's more than one? I think I only ever watched the first. It's fun but it was always flirting with corny throughout the whole film. Given how horror franchises tend to get worse to some degree with each movie, I can't even fathom how shit Puppet Master 5 is.

I thought it stopped at 3 o_o. Man pimping out b+ rated movies ain't easy man :/

JavyOO7

Stro shitting on Euro indies again, for some reason. The BritWres Revival is in full swing, accept it, dammit. PROGRESS run every 6 weeks and sold 700 tickets in 36 minutes for their show in March. Pretty much every US indie would kill for that kind of buzz.

*edit, stro, watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

I know you're going to hate absolutely everything about it, I'm just interested in seeing how much you hate it.

My quick first impressions on this...

- The intro with Kammy and the gentleman was pretty funny. There's also a joke with "Unbelievable, Jeff" is there?
- I like the color of the canvas in the ring, production values look nice, but the ring is really tiny!
- This first match feels like an extended jobber match for some reason. Rampage's opponent feels like Sam Houston for some reason. =p

My quick first impressions on this...

- The intro with Kammy and the gentleman was pretty funny. There's also a joke with "Unbelievable, Jeff" is there?
- I like the color of the canvas in the ring, production values look nice, but the ring is really tiny!
- This first match feels like an extended jobber match for some reason. Rampage's opponent feels like Sam Houston for some reason. =p

"Unbelievable, Jeff!" is just Kammy's catchphrase. I think the fact that PROGRESS used it as a title for their show is what drew Kammy's attention to the product. Also, British wrestling rings tend to be much smaller, but the ring PROGRESS use is one of the bigger ones. And yeah, the opening match is pretty much an extended squash - no one expected Darrell to win, he's a high-flyer/tag team sort of guy, whereas Rampage's one of the bigger heavyweights on the UK scene.

I thought it stopped at 3 o_o. Man pimping out b+ rated movies ain't easy man :/

There's been 10 of these fuckers for crying out loud.

Puppet Master (1989)
Puppet Master II: His Unholy Creation (1991)
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge (1991)
Puppet Master 4: The Demon (1993)
Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter (1994)
Curse of the Puppet Master (1998)
Retro Puppet Master (1999)
Puppet Master: The Legacy (2003)
Puppet Master: Axis of Evil (2010)
Puppet Master X: Axis Rising (2012)

I think we need to give WWE credit where it is due. The way they are handling the Sting-HHH stuff is fantastic. If you would have told me a year ago that Sting's first, and maybe only, Mania match would be with Hunter I would have been upset. Now I can't wait for it.

jmdajr

I think we need to give WWE credit where it is due. The way they are handling the Sting-HHH stuff is fantastic. If you would have told me a year ago that Sting's first, and maybe only, Mania match would be with Hunter I would have been upset. Now I can't wait for it.

Absolutely

RP912

Banned
There's been 10 of these fuckers for crying out loud.

Puppet Master (1989)
Puppet Master II: His Unholy Creation (1991)
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge (1991)
Puppet Master 4: The Demon (1993)
Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter (1994)
Curse of the Puppet Master (1998)
Retro Puppet Master (1999)
Puppet Master: The Legacy (2003)
Puppet Master: Axis of Evil (2010)
Puppet Master X: Axis Rising (2012)

I lol'ed at Retro Puppet Master. Sweet mother of pearl at all of these shitty movies :/. There's a person out there that bought all of these movies and watching them as I type.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what? It's dawned on me that Jon Taffer is just a better version of Paul Heyman. He should guest host Monday Night RAW and shut it down.

LmCzSKs.jpg

He would shut Raw ALL day. Shut it down right now!

Jon Taffer shoot with Vince McMahon over the product would be UNBELIEVABLE. And Trips in the room smirking, then he gets his. Only Stephanie is safe, because her ideas are sound. God damn give me that.

This is my favorite Hama gif, because he looks like he's trying to take flight with his "bingo wings" as you people call them.

They're not doing too bad with the man they call Stang. His first appearance was underwhelming (attire/looks wise at least). But they nailed it this time. He wasnt wearing some fucking jogging pants. He had ring gear on, the coat was awesome, his hair didnt look like shit this time. They've also set up the whole authority thing with him fairly well. I'm excited.

That fucking video.

I think Sting's gonna retire at 32 with Taker in Dallas. Home state turf for both in front of 100,00 people. Should be great despite match quality. I hope he sticks around beyond Mania though in some role. Maybe wrestle at SummerSlam and Survivor Series at least.

That's all goodwill from the hype I'm feeling though. I know he's way past his prime.

JavyOO7

"Unbelievable, Jeff!" is just Kammy's catchphrase. I think the fact that PROGRESS used it as a title for their show is what drew Kammy's attention to the product. Also, British wrestling rings tend to be much smaller, but the ring PROGRESS use is one of the bigger ones. And yeah, the opening match is pretty much an extended squash - no one expected Darrell to win, he's a high-flyer/tag team sort of guy, whereas Rampage's one of the bigger heavyweights on the UK scene.

Ahh, okay. Neat!

Second match quick impressions!

- Robbie X is cool! ... except for that really silly Ace Crusher spot. And I like how the crowd egged him on with their 'Red face' chant which they mimicked similar to the 'Whole World in his hands' thing of Bray Wyatt. =p
- Disappointing he lost though. I like him better than the other dude.

jmdajr

I think Sting's gonna retire at 32 with Taker in Dallas. Home state turf for both in front of 100,00 people. Should be great despite match quality. I hope he sticks around beyond Mania though in some role. Maybe wrestle at SummerSlam and Survivor Series at least.

That's all goodwill from the hype I'm feeling though. I know he's way past his prime.

It be good feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom