• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly certain that I will mark out real hard for the Dudleyz. Bubba just has been so cool in TNA, and I want to see him feud with Owens.

Never cared much for them before, but I want that dope entrance

MC Safety

I'd go for broke with a 40-man Rumble.

I'd get rid of the 6-man tag match and throw those guys into the Rumble. I'd have a few NXT guys called up for the Rumble to make 40 men. I'd keep the Divas match because everyone needs to urinate, and the big three-way championship.

So:

1) Tag match -- Let's embarrass the Ascension.
2) Divas
3) Cena vs. Rollins vs. Brock
4) The Rumble

(Not necessarily in that order)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ascension are winning. I'd put an avatar bet up against someone else if they're up for it.

TMDK vs Dangan Yankees

Those Australian guys from NOAH that are touring NJPW if anyone wanted to see more of their stuff.

I've seen this video posted 3 times in here the past week. It's worth watching, even if TMDK fuckin suck.

I think Sting's gonna retire at 32 with Taker in Dallas. Home state turf for both in front of 100,00 people. Should be great despite match quality. I hope he sticks around beyond Mania though in some role. Maybe wrestle at SummerSlam and Survivor Series at least.

That's all goodwill from the hype I'm feeling though. I know he's way past his prime.

Just have him replace the Authority and be there in some capacity to make sure nothing gets too out of hand and then have it lead into him and Taker somehow. I dunno, maybe Taker's pissed he lost and he's been causing trouble all throughout the year and Sting just can't find him for some reason etc; I dunno. I remember Sting as GM or some position of power has been thrown around for a while

Ascension are winning. I'd put an avatar bet up against someone else if they're up for it.

That's really tempting, but all I could think of is 1000 year old demons. But since you enjoy those games on your Vita anyway, it wouldn't make you miserable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's really tempting, but all I could think of is 1000 year old demons. But since you enjoy those games on your Vita anyway, it wouldn't make you miserable.

Nah, I'd sport a Road Doggy Dogg avatar for a month or the loser (IE THE OTHER GUY) would have to have an Ascension av for a month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sugiura looks like a Yakuza boss with hair
tumblr_nif5qgk9aQ1sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nguy1guTgB1ti6gxco1_500.png

And I like how everyone in Zero-1 wears mouthguards. I can imagine why a promotion originally headed by Hashimoto might have everyone wearing mouthguards as a result.

Toki767

They need to make the Rumble 2 minute intervals again.

It's not like there's anything happening in the undercard that they can't dedicate more than an hour for the Rumble match.

Nah, I'd sport a Road Doggy Dogg avatar for a month or the loser (IE THE OTHER GUY) would have to have an Ascension av for a month.

I'm actually so confused as to how they're booking the Ascension that I wouldn't take this risk. They wouldn't bring back the Outlaws for one night only just to job Ascension out to them would they..?

MiIHqdq.jpg

they totally would.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Done.

That's such a problem. Gotta give Av Rumble its due. And my god that month is gonna kill me.

We'll see where The Ascension are on the Wrestlemania XXXI card. Surely high up there.

I'm actually so confused as to how they're booking the Ascension that I wouldn't take this risk. They wouldn't bring back the Outlaws for one night only just to job Ascension out to them would they..?

MiIHqdq.jpg

they totally would.

That's 100% the photo I'd use for it too. With a nice Fox ink outline.

Just have him replace the Authority and be there in some capacity to make sure nothing gets too out of hand and then have it lead into him and Taker somehow. I dunno, maybe Taker's pissed he lost and he's been causing trouble all throughout the year and Sting just can't find him for some reason etc; I dunno. I remember Sting as GM or some position of power has been thrown around for a while

It seems WWE will never do away with an authority figure so Sting as GM would probably be the next best thing.

dear lord

Aiii

So not worth it
That's such a problem. Gotta give Av Rumble its due. And my god that month is gonna kill me.

We'll see where The Ascension are on the Wrestlemania XXXI card. Surely high up there.

We will see then, if they're doing something of note there we'll do it then.

Starrcade '83 was freaking brutal, so much blood and some really stiff brawling. Butcher/Colon was just outright horrible. Two guys stabbing and biting each other for 10 minutes, at one point Colon had a mouthful of Butcher's blood. Knowing what we know now it's even worse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't really get a good gif of it but you should see the girls reactions when Nakamura comes out in this NOAH tag.

Roman Reigns ain't shit is what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, these Rumble picks so far in general have been pretty uninspired. And sadly there is no Hama re-creation in 2k14. I'll probably be happy to make a CAW of him in 2k14, and just him, if he's submitted as a selection.

I can't tell you how bad I want Zandig to win, assuming he's in.

Can anyone give me a WrassleGAF recap? Been away a couple of days

Stro's been watching the Sopranos

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, these Rumble picks so far in general have been pretty uninspired. And sadly there is no Hama re-creation in 2k14. I'll probably be happy to make a CAW of him in 2k14, and just him, if he's submitted as a selection.

He's not winning. My boy's coming through.

Probably because we had to pick characters from the game for a while

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's not winning. My boy's coming through.

I wouldn't be happy if your dude won.

I would be happy if these entry-givers win:
jmdajr
Strobogo
Perspicacity (by far)
Bootaaay
dmczaf

There's a lot to cheer for.

WrestleGAF legend DM getting a spot in the Rumble while I and other younger superstars have to sit out is a fucking travesty. You tell me, who shows up to work on Monday?!

DMczaf

Complaining about uninspired picks, and then hoping Zandig wins?

tumblr_nijgo4590y1rblvyjo10_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrestleGAF legend DM getting a spot in the Rumble while I and other younger superstars have to sit out is a fucking travesty. You tell me, who shows up to work on Monday?!

You still haven't PMed me with your submission. How can you even say this?

Striker

South Park does the same. Works out well for them.
South Park was only "okay" for the better part of the past five seasons. They actually got better this year when they finally had some coherence and running gags again.
South Park's hasn't gone through a hard drought like something like the Simpsons has. They started doing less episodes over the course of the season because it tends to cause Matt and Trey to burn out. I say the better seasons started in Season 6 and on.

Competition is just as a big of a problem for WWE as the creative staff + Vince/Dunn is. If there was another wrestling promotion that had some big financial backing (sans being run by Dixie Carter) in the States it would make them be less content with the constant bullshit and boring shows they put out on a week to week basis, often times lasting several months.

Browny

Banned
I'm not sure I put enough effort into my rumble selection. It was almost a knee jerk reaction - knowing how quickly those spots would go, in hindsight I probably panicked a little.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I put enough effort into my rumble selection. It was almost a knee jerk reaction - knowing how quickly those spots would go, in hindsight I probably panicked a little.

Feel free to update your pick.

So what do you have to do to enter then? Pick a wrestler from 2k14? Who's already taken?

It's like you don't even read those rules I worked hard to write out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For Frecklestein - the Shannon Moore of the group:

Avatar Rumble (not to be confused with Rumble Pool, etc)

-- Your entry vote's cost is your avatar. By submitting a wrestler in the Avatar Rumble, you are acknowledging that you will change your avatar to be an avatar of the winning entrant, and maintain it for ONE FULL MONTH afterwards.

-- You enter your wrestler by PMing myself, Vince McMahon, with your entrant. This will put you on the list.

-- The list is first-come, first-serve until we fill all of the available slots. I will need to verify with the piece of shit WWE2k15 game that there are only 30 man Rumbles available, so PLAN on it filling up quickly.

-- The Rumble will take place the day before the actual Royal Rumble. It will be announced in here what the time will be but expect it to be in the evening for Americans.

-- It will be broadcast on Twitch - http://twitch.tv/sunnybuns is the channel that will be streaming it.

-- If you welch on your bet (don't switch avatars) you will be juniored. We have admin support on this. Live up to your bet.

-- There will NOT be an announced list of who's entered - that makes it more fun. Feel free to spoil your entry if you wish, but there will not be a master list and the entrants are RANDOMIZED. Earthquake could very well be #30.

-- If I can manage to get my old capture device working (doubtful) I will do this in WWE2k14, which holds 40 slots. Do not expect this to work, but I will make an attempt.

strobogo

Banned
For as GOAT is The Sopranos is, it killed pretty much everyone's career. Just about everyone was typecast or stopped acting. I believe Edie Falco is the most successful cast member since the show ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom