• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Yes @george_skeer11 but they sometimes fake fight but when it gets serious like triple threat matches or ladder matches there all real the only thing that's fake is the 1 on 1 matches !!

Sunday's title match is real :eek:

Vee_One

Been watching a royal rumble match with my little girl every night for just over a week. Last night - "Wow, Kane is in a lot of these"

We can all learn a thing or two about selling from Cena. Even when nothing is happening!

Jp2Qw4N.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I generally agree, before he won I didn't think he should hold the belt for a good long while, maybe ever again, but I am really liking this storyline with Tanahashi basically showing Okada that for all his confidence and arrogance, he ain't shit yet. It's just beginning though, so it remains to be seen how effective it is in the long run. I think 2015 has to be the year someone other than Okada or Tanahashi or Styles gets the belt. Naito, maybe Goto at a stretch.

It's time.
bahgawdisrespect7lx51.gif

I got a bunch of magazines sent over from Japan, a Weekly Pro-Wrestling from '82, a couple of Weekly Gongs from '83 & '84, the program for Onita's 'retirement' tour in '95 and a Great Muta annual from '97.

fGEgk7R.jpg

The Onita thing is freaking huge, big glossy pictures from his whole career, lots of stuff on his feud with Muta and Tarzan Goto and a run-down of the FMW roster at the time. The Muta thing is similar, lots of awesome pictures from his career, a many faces of Muta piece and some trading cards, while there's some great pictures in the magazines. Going to fire up the scanner and scan a few of these, but for now I took photos of a few of the best ones...

Terry Funk, drunk as a skunk;

22L2kX7.jpg

Blood spurting out of Great Kabuki's forehead;

2lR2x3n.jpg

Kishin Liger;

Y0A9ToZ.jpg

Mil Mascaras;

dSsm0gW.jpg

It's time.

Oh man, I'd love to see it, hopefully MiSu wrecks shit up in the G1 this year.

1jvb9QJ.gif

8773%20-%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ok-at-how-a-pro-wrestling-story-comes-to-life

Not a bad read, but I do think they are taking some liberties with how the process of Bryan actually getting the spot went. The timing of this story coming out now is kind of interesting though.

WWE blunders from one good thing to the next, of course they'll try and take credit for something like this when in reality they had their heads up their asses until the very last minute when they realised that WM30 would be headlined by fucking Orton vs Batista.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not because it's marvel, it's because it's 'thread shitting.'

I know they're real down on people saying 'this needs to be a thread?' It's why you know who doesn't get shit on into exile.

WWE blunders from one good thing to the next, of course they'll try and take credit for something like this when in reality they had their heads up their asses until the very last minute when they realised that WM30 would be headlined by fucking Orton vs Batista.

To be fair, they do point out that they had given up on Bryan after the buyrate for SS came in and only put him in the Mania main event because of the RR stuff.

am i the only one in here who's never been banned

I've never been banned. I try to refrain from saying anything stupid or letting someone on the internet bother me to the point of calling them a cunt.

Fox318

I want to see a Cesaro- Lesnar match.

Two fucking animals in the ring.

Let Bryan go up against Reigns or even a heel Cena at mania.

Per the Observer, ROH seems to have hit a roadblock. They're considering dropping iPPVs because of issues and refunds, and Final Battle only did 8,000 buys on traditional PPV. ROH believes WWE has lowered the value of PPV in fans' eyes to where it may not work for them anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will never be banned! EVER!

That's because you're avatarless and nobody notices you.
Per the Observer, ROH seems to have hit a roadblock. They're considering dropping iPPVs because of issues and refunds, and Final Battle only did 8,000 buys. ROH believes WWE has lowered the value of PPV in fans' eyes to where it may not work for them anymore.
lol 'It's not our fault our PPV bombed. It's WWE's!'

Per the Observer, ROH seems to have hit a roadblock. They're considering dropping iPPVs because of issues and refunds, and Final Battle only did 8,000 buys on traditional PPV. ROH believes WWE has lowered the value of PPV in fans' eyes to where it may not work for them anymore.

They did a poor job promoting it. It didn't feel like a quarter of the big deal that BITW felt. That show felt like it mattered. Final Battle was just "Hey here's an iPPV you can order through your TV."

lol 'It's not our fault our PPV bombed. It's WWE's!'

A kinda shallow card and technical problems were probably the main culprit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that some are re-evaluating the worth of traditional PPVs and even DVDs/MP4 downloads in the wake of streaming subscription services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom