• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE needs to remove these peasants from the match. Reigns needs some big eliminations like Cena, Undertaker, Orton, Rollins, and Wyatt on his way to victory.

Balee.

Balee is too close to Bayley for comfort. I will not stand besmirching Bayley's good name by association with a goober like Roman Reigns.

That's because you're avatarless and nobody notices you.

lol 'It's not our fault our PPV bombed. It's WWE's!'

I was Raven's ninja! I'm uncatchable!

Per the Observer, ROH seems to have hit a roadblock. They're considering dropping iPPVs because of issues and refunds, and Final Battle only did 8,000 buys on traditional PPV. ROH believes WWE has lowered the value of PPV in fans' eyes to where it may not work for them anymore.

That's disappointing, but 8k for traditional PPV isn't terrible, though I know they did better in May. It's honestly a combo of Jay Briscoe being a total non-draw and the bloom being off of ROH a bit

DC has The Spectre who, while criminally underused, it still one of my favourites ever. Marvel have The Punisher who, while entirely overused and ruined in the modern era, is badass. DC wins, but just barely. They also have Lobo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A kinda shallow card and technical problems were probably the main culprit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that some are re-evaluating the worth of traditional PPVs and even DVDs/MP4 downloads in the wake of streaming subscription services.

Given the jacked up prices you had to pay for DVDs after shipping back when ROH was 'good', relative to whomever. More speaking for me. You were used to paying more for ROH because you wanted to watch it. And that was when WWE was pretty watchable.

Frankly, I think people aren't buying it because their roster's not that great and their events aren't either. I think NJPW is eating their lunch when it comes to an alternative for US/EU hardcore wrestling fans. And they should.

A kinda shallow card and technical problems were probably the main culprit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that some are re-evaluating the worth of traditional PPVs and even DVDs/MP4 downloads in the wake of streaming subscription services.

Shit, I could've told you that 5 years ago!

Though the fallout from the WWE Network is hilarious, considering the intial outbursts from production companies varied wildly from WWN's 'We want to support more devices and provide as much live content as possible to SMV's 'They're like Walmart! Our product is still better! Check out our awesome DVD-R's!'

strobogo

Banned
Per the Observer, ROH seems to have hit a roadblock. They're considering dropping iPPVs because of issues and refunds, and Final Battle only did 8,000 buys on traditional PPV. ROH believes WWE has lowered the value of PPV in fans' eyes to where it may not work for them anymore.

That doesn't even make sense. Survivor Series did MORE actual buys even though the PPV was free that month with the Network. And people buying ROH PPVs likely aren't the kind of people who just come across it and think, "Wow, a wrestling show. I should buy that. But wait, I can get all WWE shows for $9.99 a month. This surely isn't worth it.".

Given the jacked up prices you had to pay for DVDs after shipping back when ROH was 'good', relative to whomever. More speaking for me. You were used to paying more for ROH because you wanted to watch it. And that was when WWE was pretty watchable.

Frankly, I think people aren't buying it because their roster's not that great and their events aren't either. I think NJPW is eating their lunch when it comes to an alternative for US/EU hardcore wrestling fans. And they should.

Agreed on both accounts. Plus, ROH hasn't exactly been the top draw for talent since being bought out by Sinclair and neither have they been in a position to secure the best talent available, as they did in previous years - if you're into indie wrestling, there are a lot of alternatives out there who put on quality shows that rival ROH. I watch the TV and buy the iPPVs usually, but most of my indie money goes on PWG, SMASH, Beyond & AIW these days.

New Lobo looks like the Miz.

I haven't seen it, but I'm incredulous as to how anyone could fuck up a character as simple as Lobo. Badass bounty hunter, near immortal, kind of a dick.

I don't agree with it either. If people want to buy it, they'll buy it. And they need to get their technical shit locked down for iPPV. I couldn't watch half the show because it kept cutting out.

strobogo

Banned
ROH legit sucks. If you're going to watch indie wrestling for that stupid indie style with spot spot spot spot spot holy shit this is crazy, I have no idea why anyone would pick ROH over PWG. The shows are hotter, the matches are crazier, ROH talents are better in PWG (since forever), announcing is better, and somehow the complete lack of production values looks better than all the effort ROH has put into improving the production vaules.

ROH is in a weird spot. Ether guys are going to wwe(steen) or will probably go to new japan more full time(Cole, Maria, reddragon) bucks even AJ are already there

strobogo

Banned
PWG confirmed for Stro's favorite wrestling

ibfIFSrvLcCUu5.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised CureVylash hasn't been banned but I hear Duckroll looks out for him, so...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The first to go, and in fact the most surprising of the three was Shinya Hashimoto. He was fired from New Japan in November of 2000 for trying to explore the possibilities of involving more non New Japan personnel in the product

My how times have changed.

Raw64life

My only ban was nearly a decade ago as part of a ban wave for discussing a 50 Cent album when it leaked. I think it was only a 1 or 2 day ban. To this day I'm still not sure what the policy is on discussing leaked shit.

It's weird how many bookings AJ gets even though New Japan won't let him lose. Every time I see "AJ Styles vs.", I know AJ will either win or be DQ'ed or something. The match will be good, but the finish is never really in doubt.

Verendus

Banned
Just a samoan boy
Born and raised in west Pensacola
He took the rocket train goin' anywhere

A wrestler in a smoky room
A smell of weed and cheap PEDs
One will win, all others will lose
Oh, the push never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Royal Rumble people

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Wrestlemania people
Don't stop!

It's weird how many bookings AJ gets even though New Japan won't let him lose. Every time I see "AJ Styles vs.", I know AJ will either win or be DQ'ed or something. The match will be good, but the finish is never really in doubt.

That might not be a New Japan thing and moreso a 'Fuck you I'm AJ Styles, I'm not jobbing' thing

And ya like Serp says, he's definitely a draw. CZW's anniversary show with him on it did COD level attendance

My only ban was because I was right

You're never right! \o/

strobogo

Banned
You son of a bitch! *security holds me back*
HOLD ME BACK
so I don't get killed

You fool, that's at the 2300 Arena! My home turf! I know everything there!
...I would just turn off the lights when you try to climb :p

Even the renovated ECW Arena looks like a 100% shit hole. How is it from the other side?

That might not be a New Japan thing and moreso a 'Fuck you I'm AJ Styles, I'm not jobbing' thing

Nah. New Japan has told all the indies that they can book him under the concession that he cannot lose. Same thing they did with Okada, Tanahashi, and Nakamura when they did the shows with ROH, They have a strict no-job policy for their top guys.

Nah. New Japan has told all the indies that they can book him under the concession that he cannot lose. Same thing they did with Okada, Tanahashi, and Nakamura when they did the shows with ROH, They have a strict no-job policy for their top guys.

Yep. And from what we heard, it pissed off Steen. Steen didn't know about that policy and was unhappy to lose to Nakamura.

Fuckin' mark.

Verendus

Banned
Balee is too close to Bayley for comfort. I will not stand besmirching Bayley's good name by association with a goober like Roman Reigns.
Bayley? That's strange. I've never heard this name before. Probably because it belongs to someone unimportant (aka jobber or expendable).

Unlike Roman Reigns, megastar, superstar, shining star, heir apparent, birthed from the loins of Zeus himself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep. And from what we heard, it pissed off Steen. Steen didn't know about that policy and was unhappy to lose to Nakamura.

Fuckin' mark.

Which is hilarious. Bitch, you're Kevin Steen and he's Nakamura. It's insulting to Nakamura to even be in the ring with you Tom Arnold looking mother fucker.

As well they should. There is 0 reason for any of their top guys to lose.

Fuckin' mark.

Good, fucking Steen stop being a goob

Fuckin' mark.

It was less about jobbing to Nakamura and more about doing back-to-back jobs. He lost clean to Cole and Nakamura on back-to-back weekends. He didn't mind jobbing to either individually. He just didn't like losing two weeks in a row on two of their biggest shows.

Makes sense. Simply being in little rinky dink promotions is one thing, you don't want your champ jobbing in them on top of that.

ROH guys have their chance to pick up Ws when NJPW only sends over Iizuka and Taichi this year

It was less about jobbing to Nakamura and more about doing back-to-back jobs. He lost clean to Cole and Nakamura on back-to-back weekends. He didn't mind jobbing to either individually. He just didn't like losing two weeks in a row on two of their biggest shows.

He was leaving! Did he expect to win the title or beat Nakamura? Neither were gonna happen

Shit, I'm still laughing at how he didn't put Silas over on the way out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom