• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sean Waltman @TheRealXPac · 3h 3 hours ago
@DeweyHaveTo Fujiwara! He was great & on of the toughest ever in Japan. He had the music 1st. Does a great twisting body scissors throw.

Tell Em Pac

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Man With the Golden Gun is INSANE.

Some notes for Stro.

Moore clearly didn't like all that violence on women thing so after this movie he told them to tone it down, and they did.

The car scene, ruined by that fucking slidewhistle for no reason, was a one take stunt and was quite simply one of the finest pieces of stunt driving of that era...ruined by the slidewhistle.

The bond girls in this movie are beyond useless. The one who is supposed to be a activates the damn weapon with her ass at the end of it.

I fucking love how crazy this movie is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Booots you gotta check out Managerial Machine looking fly in his blazer
image2wosbf.jpg

Young Dump is hilarious looking.

Geez, that's awful :( I'm surprised that this isn't being covered over here because of the amount of fires you've had and the unlivable weather.

I hope you stay safe man.

We've been pretty lucky the last few years, haven't had a super bad summer fire period for a while now. Even better is the weather has been better today so most of them are coming under control.

More than a few homes were lost, a few old people are missing and a shitload of pets/wildlife were killed but thankfully no lives so far. Fingers crossed things remain steady for the next week or two.

I can't even imagine the illegal shit big wigs in 80s Hong Kong Cinema did. Can't even imagine.

Complete lack of filming permits would be the tamest lol

Having that much music might cause an overflow and -possible- crash of the industry. But, as Jred pointed out, nothing's really changed and I was just worried about nothing.
Ah of course. It has indeed led to a lot of signal noise, this has led to the rise of curators such as podcasts/zines/sites becoming more popular to help people find the music/games/etc that they will love.

Like Vince or anyone in management gives a fuck about what the divas do.
Truth, as long as they aren't getting in the news with crime or sex WWE don't seem to care too much.

Hasney

I really hope GFWL does more events like that. I do think the commentary added a lot to the event and the timing for the UK was pretty great.

Gonzalez

Banned
I've read reviews of this mornings show saying that JR took it easy on the early parts of the card but stepped up for the big matches. While I haven't seen the show yet to really understand the criticism, you have realize that american commentators for years have always taught themselves to save their voices, and energy for the big moments, and not to waste it on the undercard matches that don't matter. So I'm not surprised that JR did this. Especially since it was a 4 hour show, and he's way into his 60's.

So, WWE Network is slowly sort of becoming what we hoped it would.
NJPW World seems to be utterly amazing and already has a ton of content available.
All we need how is World of Sport archives to be available (I think 1 person owns the entire library and they have no connection to any TV Network). Then for the Mexican promotion to pool together for a Luchador Network. The idea of all this wrestling content available digitally is too much.

Gonzalez

Banned
I just wish there was more original content for the network.

I'm surprised they haven't gone after people that have worked for Adult Swim. Now those guys know how to create original programing while staying under budget.

Xater

So if i buy this now on Flipps can i watch it right away or do I have to wait for the replay before the VOD is available? Missed the show and I really want to see it with the English commentary. At least this once.

RP912

Banned
So, WWE Network is slowly sort of becoming what we hoped it would.

I finally got out of commitment and canceled my account. At this point I don't even care if they put up Nitros 97-01 with Sting doing commentary sounding like Lance Russell.

I'm happy with my NJPW world subscription.

I finally got out of commitment and canceled my account. At this point I don't even care if they put up Nitros 97-01 with Sting doing commentary sounding like Lance Russell.

I'm happy with my NJPW world subscription.

Yeah, they've taken too long to get their act together, but I'm still enjoying going through the old content from the 70s and 80s. It must be frustrating waiting for specific years though.

Jamie OD

I really hope GFWL does more events like that. I do think the commentary added a lot to the event and the timing for the UK was pretty great.

I've seen a few guesses that AAA's Triplemania is the next possible show GFW will cover. Jarrett wrestles over there every now and then.

Alucard

Banned
ODB just posted that Ring of Honor has made her love pro wrestling again.

B6git9KCcAE5zQ1.jpg:large

Good for her.

Also, Matt Striker tweeted "Now all I need is a Japanese girlfriend!" What a mark.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone else think it was weird that the arena looked pretty empty on camera a lot of the time? Wonder if it was a conscious choice or what.

Alucard

Banned
So, are Japanese wrestling fans stereotypical outsiders like North American wrestling fans? And do they smell as much?

Seem pretty cool to me.

B6glHJ-CIAIpEHe.jpg:large

Hasney

Probably less outsider just because it's more accepted as mainstream entertainment.

Probably smell just as bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom