• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Nak was basically popping and locking and doing the Thriller dance on his way to the ring. He's the best. I want to do so much coke with him and hit up a wonderful pixelated Japanese strip club.

I know, I used to have one a few years ago. It's just overplayed these days. Same with the side shave for women. Both are past their expiry date.
Like any other hairstyle, it looks great on some people but not others.

Just need to convince more people of that! I've seen a lot of people lately with it that look goofy as fuck.

Isn't that what Cesaro is for?
Ouch lol :(

Hopefully his bro tag run will lead to better things for him. I still really like him.

Idk. It looked excellent on Rosario Dawson in Top Five.

She always looks excellent though, even bald she would look amazing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been watching 1993 Raw and the biggest thing bringing a stable of jobbers into the fed would be to stop all the fucking repeat matches. Usos and Wyatts, Usos and Dust brothers, eight million IC matches between Miz and Ziggler. Instead have them fight jobbers and then do segments with the PPV feud person.

Hell it doesn't even need to be jobbers, in the attitude era they would just fight random matches on RAW and then their feud person would interfere before during or after.

RP912

Banned
Been watching 1993 Raw and the biggest thing bringing a stable of jobbers into the fed would be to stop all the fucking repeat matches. Usos and Wyatts, Usos and Dust brothers, eight million IC matches between Miz and Ziggler. Instead have them fight jobbers and then do segments with the PPV feud person.

Hell it doesn't even need to be jobbers, in the attitude era they would just fight random matches on RAW and then their feud person would interfere before during or after.

Now that I would support. A random match than fucking dust brothers/usos 30.

I forgot to mention that I enjoyed those two childhood friend guys. The one with the shaved sides and the other guy that looked like Balor and Itami fused together. I also think sitting on the ground with arms and legs crossed looks fucking rad as hell.

Am I okay for liking this or should I get the rope and pitchforks for you guys?

Oh yeah, anyone know who came to the ring with Yujiro this time?

I would like to know this as well.

RP912

Banned
I forgot to mention that I enjoyed those two childhood friend guys. The one with the save sides and the other guy that looked like Balor and Itami fused together. I also think sitting on the ground with arms and legs crossed looks fucking rad as hell.

Am I okay for liking this or should I get the rope and pitchforks for you guys?

I would like to know this as well.

Shibata is dope as hell. Him and rainmaker are my favorite wrestlers so far in following NJPW.

Alucard

Banned
FINALLY getting a chance to sit down and watch the last three matches from WK9. Enjoying the pace of AJ and Naito, as well as JR's calm commentary.

Yup, would fix a lot of the burnout heading into PPV's too. The fact that every PPV match has already been done before really hurts them in my opinion. No stakes there. These guys already fought 5 times this month, who gives a shit.

Alucard

Banned
LOL @ JR's call of the Styles Clash off the second rope.

"No! No! Good God, no!"

Got me feeling nostalgic. And that was a good match despite some awkward moments. I'll definitely be watching it again.

This AJ and Naito match is really damn good minus a few awkward moments.

I also was okay with this Naito guy, even though I think he's dumb as fuck for those drop kick bumps he does on the outside. Also there was some weird botched suplex into neck breaker in this match I think..

strobogo

Banned
I also was okay with this Naito guy, even though I think he's dumb as fuck for those drop kick bumps he does on the outside. Also there was some weird botched suplex into neck breaker in this match I think..

Yeah that dropkick was stupid as fuck. I can't support dudes intentionally Miz'ing themselves like that.

DiscoJon

Banned
I see that crazy ass Marvel fanboy has graduated to wrasslin fanboy dirt sheetz levels of fuckery.

This dude...

If we posted every wrestling rumor/news story like this guy does with Marvel stuff, we'd be banned or reprimanded immediately. This fucking cunt gets a pass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Off-topic is way worse than gaming nowadays. When it shifted, it shifted HARD.

General rule. Off topic is only good for Fast Food News.

Gaming can have any number of good discussions on individual games, surprise announcements, sales and other pleasant threads to go along with the dross.

Both Community sections are superior though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ibushi needs to go back down to juniors. Sorry, good show and all that but the heavyweight division is already full of guys who can go who haven't gotten their chance. I don't know why Jado and Gedo thought 'yeah lets try to push another heavyweight guy to the main event! We got plenty of space!' I guess it doesn't really matter tho when the title's gonna bounce between the same three as usual.

XenoRaven

Ibushi needs to go back down to juniors. Sorry, good show and all that but the heavyweight division is already full of guys who can go who haven't gotten their chance. I don't know why Jado and Gedo thought 'yeah lets try to push another heavyweight guy to the main event! We got plenty of space!' I guess it doesn't really matter tho when the title's gonna bounce between the same three as usual.
I understand the sentiment, but the alternative is to have him stuck in an endless loop of Omega, Taguchi, and KUSHIDA matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

While I don't watch NJPW I do tend to follow them as a curiosity and it seems to me that they are right on the edge of madness (oh yeah) when it comes to getting new talent over. In fact they turned what could have been a disaster last year into something great with AJ Styles for the main division but still need to work on everything else. Top heavy promotions can only keep going at such a high level for so long especially when you keep booking the same few people to win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I understand the sentiment, but the alternative is to have him stuck in an endless loop of Omega, Taguchi, and KUSHIDA matches.

Him not being in that 'loop' is going to be worse for the division. That comes off as selfish. 'Eh I don't want to feud with those same guys because the division is stale I want to feud with the main evnet guys' The division is fucking stale because of attitudes like that.

Over guys who still haven't won the title or had a major program with it: Shibata, Goto, Naito, AJ, Suzuki who could be a real threat whenever he feels like it, even Anderson could make a go for it. And if Marufuji works more dates with NJPW, he ain't going to the junior division.

I just imagine every time a junior comes in and gets over now, they're going to poach them and throw them in the heavyweight division and not understand why their division is garbage and that random American indy wrestlers aren't going to save it. That's exactly what they did with Devitt when he went heel. 'Oh he's really over now.. HEAVYWEIGHT TIME' It makes your division look like a stepping stone title when it's a weight limit title, not a stepping stone title and that shits on the entire division.

somedevil

I'm just wondering if they ever thought of giving Devitt the title. Its just funny he was there 8 years and when he left for WWE and AJ Styles replaced him and immediately got the title.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched a bit of Sunny Mac's alltime favorite movie during breaks in the fooseball today.

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS.

I think it must have been after Dave Bats was in it though as I didn't see him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched a bit of Sunny Mac's alltime favorite movie during breaks in the fooseball today.

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS.

I think it must have been after Dave Bats was in it though as I didn't see him.

Dave "Brass Body" Bautista wasn't in it that much. I wish he would have come back to WWE with that gimmick, though. Looked incredible.

Batista is off making money by not killing himself for people who don't appreciate him doing so.

yEV66j.gif

I'm just wondering if they ever thought of giving Devitt the title. Its just funny he was there 8 years and when he left for WWE and AJ Styles replaced him and immediately got the title.

Really..? AJ is the worst.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fucker is a legit star now. Good for him.

He's below the Rock and probably still a bit below Ventura but waay ahead of Piper/Hogan/Macho Man when it comes to Hollywood though. Number 3 so quickly is quite the thing.

Unlike the rest of them (including the Rock) he hasn't been in a truly awful movie yet. Man with the Iron Fists is close but still good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom