• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJon

Banned
Fucker is a legit star now. Good for him.

He's below the Rock and probably still a bit below Ventura but waay ahead of Piper/Hogan/Macho Man when it comes to Hollywood though. Number 3 so quickly is quite the thing.

Unlike the rest of them (including the Rock) he hasn't been in a truly awful movie yet. Man with the Iron Fists is close but still good fun.

ja-rule-gets-shot-in-head-o.gif

Batista is in a MARVEL movie, so he's set for cameos and shit. He's going to be in the next Bond movie, no..? Those are two huge franchises to be apart of. Big Dave is great. I sadly didn't start to like him until his last run when he was defeated by duct tape.

Freckle you're getting worse and worse. Like LITERALLY BY THE MINUTE

AJ Styles is one of the best wrestlers out there this year!

I just don't like Styles Clash as a finisher. Ending careers aside, it's just too much suspension of disbelief to set up for a move that has some pretty tame impact to it. He doesn't have a good look, his accent is too thick and his tattoo is too awful.

How can your movie be bad when you kill Ja Rule?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Wrestle Kangdom 9 was so good. Anyone here still on the fence? Because you shouldn't be. Spectacular show. I have very few complaints. Very happy where the Jr Tag titles went, happy where the NEVER Title went, sad for a few other things though.

Match of the night was hands down Ibushi and Nakamura. Stro told me he could see some Grumpy Old Fucker in Nak and he was right. Ibushi did a great job though, was a lot of fun to watch and he's ready for the heavyweight stuff. I just love that twink.

I watched a bit of Sunny Mac's alltime favorite movie during breaks in the fooseball today.

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS.

I think it must have been after Dave Bats was in it though as I didn't see him.
That movie isn't unwatchably bad or anything but it's not good considering the people involved. Like even as a dumb action movie that has Russell Crowe playing "Jack Knife" it doesn't deliver as much as it could have
Is DCUgaf alright then?

They're probably the TNAtion of ComicMovieGAF so... probably not

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme put Wrong Side of Town like this

It's a bad movie
but Batista is wonderful in it

Everything about WK9 was fantastic. Even the 3 and 4 man tag matches were fun.

Oh cmon with that av - you couldn't get a Suzuki Pure one?

Suzuki/Sakuraba was dope too.

Man, Wrestle Kangdom 9 was so good. Anyone here still on the fence? Because you shouldn't be. Spectacular show. I have very few complaints. Very happy where the Jr Tag titles went, happy where the NEVER Title went, sad for a few other things though.

Match of the night was hands down Ibushi and Nakamura. Stro told me he could see some Grumpy Old Fucker in Nak and he was right. Ibushi did a great job though, was a lot of fun to watch and he's ready for the heavyweight stuff. I just love that twink.

What if I still don't care about NJPW? NXT is all I need.
I also watch Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What if I still don't care about NJPW? NXT is all I need.
I also watch Raw.

You should, because you're limiting your fun and enjoyment to ignore it. I can't think of any way to say it that doesn't sound dickish, but you are SERIOUSLY missing out. If you watch one NJPW show this year, WK should be the one. You should try it out. I think you'd really dig the undercard, honestly. Lots of fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to know if they micd Suzuki/Sakuraba to be louder or something. Because you can hear everything in that match, and it really added a special aura to it. The start when they're grappling is so awesome just because you hear them moving around, you hear hands grappling, you hear bodies moving.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we retroactively make Nak - Ibushi the 2014 match of the year then? Because the last match I liked that much was Tanahashi - Suzuki from a couple of years back.

Nah the match happened in 2015 so it's not eligible for last year

I want to know if they micd Suzuki/Sakuraba to be louder or something. Because you can hear everything in that match, and it really added a special aura to it. The start when they're grappling is so awesome just because you hear them moving around, you hear hands grappling, you hear bodies moving.

Would make sense. Great use of it too.

Styles+Clash.gif

Go find any casual fan and ask which looks less stupid. Then explain that AJ is the more serious character of the combo. Even though the set up is just as dumb, the impact of the move, the pay-off for it is better on the Bucks' end.

Also, I legit laughed when they called the Indie-Taker, I've never heard it get called that before. It's so good.

Kenny Omega just made it on the top five o_o

people waking up to kenny omega

thank gowad

You guys know what's up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No casual fan is ever going to say anyone looks less stupid than the Young Bucks choreographed Rockers in 2015 moves. Styles Clash looks dumb but you can suspend some disbelief. Meltzer Driver(LOL WRESTLING REFERENCE) is like every other Young Buck move, it just says FAKE FAKE THIS IS A FAKE SPORT FAKE and plays carnival music in the background.

Nah, comicgaf is fine. That guy's just a little too passionate.

I have no clue lol, does it really work like that?

Aren't there a few guys that are obsessive like him..? Yeah, ComicGAF is fine, poor choice of gaf. I actually like them when the comic topics come up. I guess I just don't like the guys that go ape shit over the films.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Young Backs were fun at WK9, I can't excuse MOST of their behavior elsewhere though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Young Bucks are brilliant.

People enjoy them on two levels. One is for people who actually love dude bro spot monkies working in tandem, only on a bigger stage. The other is the group of people who can't fucking stand them because of it, making them huge meta heels.

XenoRaven

Him not being in that 'loop' is going to be worse for the division. That comes off as selfish. 'Eh I don't want to feud with those same guys because the division is stale I want to feud with the main evnet guys' The division is fucking stale because of attitudes like that.

Over guys who still haven't won the title or had a major program with it: Shibata, Goto, Naito, AJ, Suzuki who could be a real threat whenever he feels like it, even Anderson could make a go for it. And if Marufuji works more dates with NJPW, he ain't going to the junior division.

I just imagine every time a junior comes in and gets over now, they're going to poach them and throw them in the heavyweight division and not understand why their division is garbage and that random American indy wrestlers aren't going to save it. That's exactly what they did with Devitt when he went heel. 'Oh he's really over now.. HEAVYWEIGHT TIME' It makes your division look like a stepping stone title when it's a weight limit title, not a stepping stone title and that shits on the entire division.
I agree with it looking like a stepping stone. When I started watching in 2012 I wasn't sure if Jr. was a weight class or if it was literally a stepping stone to main event contention.

Where I disagree is how to use Ibushi right now. One superstar isn't going to save that division. Ibushi is one of their top performers and it would be a shame to have him wrestle in a title match with almost no energy or crowd reaction like Taguchi/Omega had. If they can add 2-3 really talented guys, put Ibushi back down in the Jr. division and you've got something to build on. If they're not willing to do that, then keep Ibushi away. No point in wasting him if they aren't serious about building up the Jrs.

Sephzilla

Styles+Clash.gif

Go find any casual fan and ask which looks less stupid. Then explain that AJ is the more serious character of the combo. Even though the set up is just as dumb, the impact of the move, the pay-off for it is better on the Bucks' end.

Also, I legit laughed when they called the Indie-Taker, I've never heard it get called that before. It's so good.

You guys know what's up.

No casual fan is ever going to say anyone looks less stupid than the Young Bucks choreographed Rockers in 2015 moves. Styles Clash looks dumb but you can suspend some disbelief. Meltzer Driver(LOL WRESTLING REFERENCE) is like every other Young Buck move, it just says FAKE FAKE THIS IS A FAKE SPORT FAKE and plays carnival music in the background.

Sorry. But I think the Young Bucks stuff at least looks like it hurts. Styles Clash is quite possibly the dumbest finishing move used by a major wrestler. And in the gif Freckles posted it looks like he's wrestling in Pabst Blue Ribbon tights. Negative points.

I'm sure there's a difference between the Bucks (a team that are supposed to be somewhat satire from my understanding) and a guy like AJ who is supposed to be one of, if not THE best pro-wrestlers in the world. I would probably like AJ more and his dumb finisher if he didn't have such a prominent role in whatever promotion he was in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Young Bucks are brilliant.

People enjoy them on two levels. One is for people who actually love dude bro spot monkies working in tandem, only on a bigger stage. The other is the group of people who can't fucking stand them because of it, making them huge meta heels.

I don't consider you a good heel if your match psychology actually makes me avoid matches that you're involved in. Like I don't think 'Man, I can't wait for Ishii to kill the Young Bucks!' I think, 'Man, I can't wait for the Young Bucks to go back to ROH'

Heel

Shit, exposing the business be damned, I had no idea that Kenny-kun was repping the FnP Movement this hard.

Sl9swWi.gif

J0nFq.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't consider you a good heel if your match psychology actually makes me avoid matches that you're involved in. Like I don't think 'Man, I can't wait for Ishii to kill the Young Bucks!' I think, 'Man, I can't wait for the Young Bucks to go back to ROH'

I kinda want them in NXT/WWE but only if someone gives them the gimmick of the New New Rockers/some other late 80's tag team.

NYR

Weed brownies on Total Divas?

WWE has come to terms on the release of Superstar Natalie Neidhart. WWE wishes her the best in her future endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom