• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Weed brownies on Total Divas?

WWE has come to terms on the release of Superstar Natalie Neidhart. WWE wishes her the best in her future endeavors.

BNB was right there and yet Paige was the one to deliver the bad news.

XenoRaven

Taka and Taichi do FnP way better than anyone in Bullet Club
tumblr_mwd5idkjB51ql0k28o4_250.gif
Quick, someone vote them for best tag team in the world.

You should, because you're limiting your fun and enjoyment to ignore it. I can't think of any way to say it that doesn't sound dickish, but you are SERIOUSLY missing out. If you watch one NJPW show this year, WK should be the one. You should try it out. I think you'd really dig the undercard, honestly. Lots of fun.

Well, I mean, I'm not really a fan of finding alternate means of watching these kind of things and I'm not gonna pay ¥999 for another streaming wrestling service.

More good wrestling never hurt anyone. If you have the time for it, go watch it.

That's the thing; I kinda don't have the time. I've got a 2 and a half year old, my wife is like 8 months pregnant, and I've got a stupidly demanding family business that I'm partially responsible for. I'm lucky if I get to watch NXT each week, I usually miss a week or two and then binge watch when I've got some free time, and Raw is the only WWE show I watch regularly and I'm usually playing 3DS while it's on.

"A bridging german just like Stone Cold used to do" holy shit lol

Well, I mean, I'm not really a fan of finding alternate means of watching these kind of things and I'm not gonna pay ¥999 for another streaming wrestling service.

That's the thing; I kinda don't have the time. I've got a 2 and a half year old, my wife is like 8 months pregnant, and I've got a stupidly demanding family business that I'm partially responsible for. I'm lucky if I get to watch NXT each week, I usually miss a week or two and then binge watch when I've got some free time, and Raw is the only WWE show I watch regularly and I'm usually playing 3DS while it's on.

Ah, well yeah, at least your priorities are straight. Maybe miss RAW during the middle of the month to watch some of the NJPW stuff? Watch the after PPV and go home RAWS and follow the thread and watch segments that people usually post from the WWE youtube?

XenoRaven

Young Bucks seem super FnP, don't know why you guys don't like them
For me it's because it feels like their gimmick is basically "LOL GET IT GUYZ" over and over and over. Yes, I get the joke. I don't really find it that funny.

That said, I don't HATE the Young Bucks. I just don't find them entertaining.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mostly like Omega, but that dudes hair was looking hella gross last night. I guess I'd be more critical of him, but I really don't care what happens to the current junior division because there's no real reason to. I don't understand why he's in Bullet Club, and I don't think it benefits him in any way. He could have just jumped Taguchi before the match and gotten the same heat. And him winning the Jr title brings nothing to Bullet Club because a stable like that doesn't work unless you have A) No titles but are fixing to get some B) All the titles C) Just the main title. Like imagine if NWO just had Syxx with the cruiserweight title and nothing else.

I really hope Bullet Club ends soon because AJ doesn't need them and it's just 'hey I want to put my friends in Bullet Club so NJPW you should pay them.' Jeff Jarrett and Bullet Babe? Seriously?
Love how people complain about new japan having an aging roster and complain about themb pushing a young star in the main event scene

What? Ibushi is the same age as Naito.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also really enjoyed the successful Kokeshi
tumblr_nho9n0cF9V1snhdpvo3_r1_500.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want Suzuki to win the title before he retires.

I could see Suzuki breaking Tanahashi's arm and ruining his air guitar career forever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fave Five 80's/90's spots I'd love to see come back.

Crisscross. Considering the NXT cardio regime this should be in every low card match ever.
Contested Backslides. Absolutely positively one of my all time favorite ways to kill a minute or two in a match yet at the same time add real ass tension.
Tombstone Reversal spot. Yeah, we'll never see it again outside of the indies. What a fun one though. At least I can play any AKI N64 game and see it.
Test of Strength. Who doesn't love the test of strength?
Standing Splash. Why not? We got some hosses around with shitty impact finishes, just have them bellyflop on some dudes.

XenoRaven

I like Omega as long as he's checking the video game and anime shit at the door. It's fine in DDT because DDT is wacky, but I don't want to see it in NJPW.

This is a bit of a cross post from the WK9 thread but I wanted to say it here. I don't think I ever want to see a tag team match with more than 4 people in it ever again. Survivor Series is ok. It started when I saw an ROH event on TV late at night that involved a 4-way elimination tag match and it just felt like they were moving from spot to spot with no sense of pacing or psychology. And then the same thing happened in the Jr. tag match in WK9, and then the same thing happened in the 8 man tag. Even though I've seen it before, TenKoji and KES could have had a legitimately good tag match. Instead it turns into wacky spot time.

I want Suzuki to win the title before he retires.

I could see Suzuki breaking Tanahashi's arm and ruining his air guitar career forever.
I'll be really sad if he doesn't touch the belt at least once. If AJ can show up and just have the belt then I think Suzuki should have a "thanks for your service" title reign.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, tag matches with more than two teams are just way too hectic. You can have more people on each team, that's fine.

Chikara proved to me that trios are the way to go. 6 men/women. Lots of possibilities. You can have:

1. Established three person stables.
2. Tag Teams with a little buddy.
3. Tag Teams with someone not from their side of the street to spice things up.
4. Three people brought together because of a common theme.
5. Three random ass people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom