• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m0bkg3Et461qhjbxeo1_250.gif

That GIF is awesome.

I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at the thought of folks actually tuning in to Raw tomorrow after Wrestle Kingdom.

It's like going to Mcdonalds after having a home cooked meal with seconds :/

RAW was actually good last week, I had fun. I just don't know how anyone can look forward to Dean and Bray's ambulance match regardless of WK9 happening or not.

RP912

Banned
Even the Hiro/okada video package reeks of Cena/Orton.

Imo, the main event should have been a triple threat with Styles/Rainmaker/Hiro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at the thought of folks actually tuning in to Raw tomorrow after Wrestle Kingdom.

It's like going to Mcdonalds after having a home cooked meal with seconds :/

Raw should actually be pretty good this week.

RP912

Banned
RAW was actually good last week, I had fun. I just don't know how anyone can look forward to Dean and Bray's ambulance match regardless of WK9 happening or not.

I tapped out after Bryne swerve me. It was a ok raw....but I made my New Years Resolution of casting that promotion out of my life.

That doesn't necessarily mean it pays better than WWE, though. It most certainly pays better than TNA though

The money issue seems to be all over the place. If you believe Meltzer a guy like Cesaro can make as much in the indies, while he's hot, as the WWE because he's not getting any PPV bonuses right now and has to pay to travel all over the country. The thing is after being away from the WWE for a while guys get less in indy bookings because people forget about them.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Even the Hiro/okada video package reeks of Cena/Orton.

Imo, the main event should have been a triple threat with Styles/Rainmaker/Hiro.
I know, right!?!

I saw the video package, the opening sequence, and then the first outside of ring spot, and I immediately knew we were getting a Cena/Orton match. Then I started calling spots as they happened, including the Rainmaker kickout, until they finally hit the patented no momtem, Tanahashiwinslol finish.

RP912

Banned
You'll be back..
http://youtu.be/2K5F6xG-Rbs?t=1m38s

He needs to go back to the purple/blond mohawk thing. And the eyebrows age him big time. Looks like Asian Paul Orndorff.

he had a mohawk 0_o...I'm used to his nickelodeon color hairstyle.

I know, right!?!

I saw the video package, the opening sequence, and then the first outside of ring spot, and I immediately knew we were getting a Cena/Orton match. Then I started calling spots as they happened, including the Rainmaker kickout, until they finally hit the patented no momtem, Tanahashiwinslol finish.

I guess Okada can channel his apex predator in the upcoming months or in this case hurricane wrecker *rimshots*.

Mubbed

The only matches that I thought were excellent were the Suzuki and Ibushi matches. Tanahashi generally bores me and I've been getting flashbacks of his 2011 run since he won the title. The Junior matches did absolutely nothing for me. The Makabe and Styles matches weren't bad but the latter could have used more time. Overall an enjoyable show but Wrestle Kingdom is usually not one of the best shows of the year as of late.

Ultratech

They just had a Total Divas episode put over WWE's stringent drug testing policy....

As well as showing Natalya being a complete moron.

"OMG I think I ate pot brownies so I'm gonna get into a car accident to get out of drug testing!"
"You know pot stays in your system for 30 days, right?"
"But..."
"And there wasn't any pot in those brownies. It was a joke."
"......."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As well as showing Natalya being a complete moron.

"OMG I think I ate pot brownies so I'm gonna get into a car accident to get out of drug testing!"
"You know pot stays in your system for 30 days, right?"
"But..."
"And there wasn't any pot in those brownies. It was a joke."
"......."

You know Total Divas is a bigger work than the WWE, right?

I mean, same goes with all reality shows. Slightly more scripted too.

RP912

Banned
Ok this Okada/Hiro match not doing it for me. After the godtier Naka/ibushi match, this just feels like a chore to watch.

Doberu

How many tag matches are in this? I have no idea what the card is for WK9 I'm just watching it to see what all the hype is about.

Ultratech

You know Total Divas is a bigger work than the WWE, right?

I mean, same goes with all reality shows. Slightly more scripted too.

I know, but it was really pushing it.

She was pulling more leaps of logic out of her ass than most stupid people I've seen.

Alucard

Banned
Finally finished my write-up on WK9.

GFW Presents NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Results and Review: The Secret is Out

Conclusion: That was truly excellent. The first three matches were mighty quick, but they got their individual stories across: reDRagon are a force to be reckoned with, Honma is damn funny, and NOAH could be more significant players in 2015. From there, the meat of the show was delivered, with match after match of memorable performances and stories. From Sakuraba and Suzuki, to Makabe and Ishii, the big boys all came to play. We then got a playful Kenny Omega and Taguchi match, a feel-good tag match, and three matches that will be remembered fondly from this show. In particular, Nakamura vs. Ibushi, and the emotional main event will certainly be talked about years from now. Whether Okada should have won will be discussed for a while, but from a match perspective, it was quality.

In regards to the English commentary, I was pretty impressed with the gravity that JR brought to the later matches. The first three matches were a bit quick for anyone to call play by play, but once they were given a chance to breathe a bit, the commentary team, and JR in particular, were able to add the necessary texture to the matches. My only real issue was Striker’s over-reliance on smark remarks and using too much insider language. It’s fine to do it on message boards and in conversation with other smarks, but when you’re calling a big event like this, most fans would rather not be reminded that this is scripted. They want to live in the world and be as sucked in as much as possible.

See this show. New Japan is a viable and awesome alternative now that New Japan World is available to everyone. The secret is out. Get in on it.

GIFS:

Another angle of Tanahashi's crazy High Fly Flow
Match10WK9B.gif

Sakuraba's like "Oh shit"
Match4WK9B.gif

Crazy Omega
Match6WK9.gif

Holy shit
Match9WK9.gif

Awesome show.

Status
Not open for further replies.