• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
I really enjoyed WK9. Fast pace matches and good wrestling. The only gripes I had with the show was the main event which drain the living hell out of me and the Styles match being a dud. Other than that it was an amazing ppv but it's not touching WK7.

Finally finished my write-up on WK9.

Match10WK9B.gif

Awesome show.

Jeezuz. Couldn't see it from the angle on the live show, but I didn't notice Tanahashi landed on Okada's knees/thighs like that. You can even see Okada's left leg buckle awkwardly. Could've been bad. I wonder if Tanahashi got winded by that.

Heel

I dunno Alucard, watching the shell of Saku is sad. That match was a shootfight that should've happened a decade ago. Did not enjoy watching that.

For those who need some context on this subject, watch this highlight package of an FnP pioneer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnL3TFVXp0

Pardon me, I have some dust in my eye.

Alucard

Banned
I dunno Alucard, watching the shell of Saku is sad. That match was a shootfight that should've happened a decade ago. Did not enjoy watching that.

For those who need some context on this subject, watch this highlight package of an FnP pioneer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnL3TFVXp0

Pardon me, I have some dust in my eye.

I don't know nearly enough about their history, but from someone going in cold, I really enjoyed what I saw and the background I got from JR. I'll check out the vid tomorrow, though.

'Nite, all! Happy Wrestle Kingdom weekend!

Alucard

Banned
I really enjoyed WK9. Fast pace matches and good wrestling. The only gripes I had with the show was the main event which drain the living hell out of me and the Styles match being a dud. Other than that it was an amazing ppv but it's not touching WK7.

Dud, you say?

Match8WK9.gif

I enjoyed it a fair bit. Not as much as their G1 match, but it was still compelling to me.

Okay, seriously off to bed. Later dudes.

Big One

Banned
Just finished Wrestle Kingdom 9. Amazing show from top to bottom and possibly the best Wrestle Kingdom of all time. Great stuff overall and very solid Western entry point for NJPW.

If the Roman Empire ever comes to fruition, it's gonna want kids to dress up in SWAT gear furthering society's romanticism of the militarization of the police. Roman Reigns is terrible. Dress up like a Whole Foods worker like Bryan to promote natural organic agriculture.

DiscoJon

Banned
BhQhYKjIEAAlyBQ.jpg

Goddamn I love this photo. I can just imagine the inner monologue that's going on...

Reigns: "Aw yeah baby girl, I got dudes dressing up as me! Watch out Cena!"

Rollins: "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Ambrose:
simon-garfunkel-3.gif

strobogo

Banned
So the vibes I'm getting from WK9 so far is Starrcade 97 with exceptional booking...

Uh...No. Not at all. Not even close.

Man, Wrestle Kangdom 9 was so good. Anyone here still on the fence? Because you shouldn't be. Spectacular show. I have very few complaints. Very happy where the Jr Tag titles went, happy where the NEVER Title went, sad for a few other things though.

Match of the night was hands down Ibushi and Nakamura. Stro told me he could see some Grumpy Old Fucker in Nak and he was right. Ibushi did a great job though, was a lot of fun to watch and he's ready for the heavyweight stuff. I just love that twink.

I was actually talking about IBUSHI revealing his inner grumpy old cunt, not Nak. Everyone knows Nak can get his grump on. I wasn't expecting Ibushi to tap into his inner Tenryu.

Seth with that trademark shit eating grin.

Ambrose is wondering what the hell is is doing with his life lol
EDIT: Agreed Disco.

Rollins missed his flight tonight due to bad weather, so Barrett vs Cena main evented a house show.

Barrett main eventing with Cena? Any reports on the quality of the match?!

I know, but it was really pushing it.

She was pulling more leaps of logic out of her ass than most stupid people I've seen.

That's what makes the show entertaining. Must be using the NXT writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom