• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked this question before, but if I've already done the free month and canceled, can I pick up the network again for $9.99 for the Rumble and cancel?

North America GAF here.

Hasney

Best thing about WK9: No NWA bullshit. If only there had been no ROH bullshit.

Or maybe just ever so slightly more ROH... Or just get rid of the other ROH to replace with this bit.

tumblr_m3efx6oc8V1r6gt8vo1_500.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm so confused as to why NJPW does a show the day after Wrestle Kingdom. Aren't they all ded
It is a little odd. Japanese promotions tend to end tours with their big shows, then take a couple of weeks off. But NJ usually likes to run another show after the dome buzz, and since they are still in Tokyo why not book a show in front of Korakuen Hall? Home to the hottest wrestling crowds in Japan.

In no particular order:

1. Triple H / Steph 20 minute promo
  2. Roman Reigns "I will eliminate 29 other people" promo
  3. Kane
  4. Big Show
  5. Bad booking
  6. Someone dancing
  7. Someone jobbing
  8. Nothing as good as WK9
  9. Bad commentary

That should cover it nicely. Also
Wyatt vs Ambrose?

This is going to seem so incredibly slow after WK9.

I mean, I don't expect a weekly televised show to be as good as NJPW's Wrestlemania but the pace of Raw over the course of thee hours continues to be an issue.

Aiii

So not worth it
Total Divas had some good moments but some of the writing was really sloppy. The Bella breakdown felt off and Nattie trying to have a fender bender while having a TV crew inside the car AND a car full of production people 2m behind them the whole time was a poor choice. All that should have been done in retrospective interviews cut back in with Nattie in the moment not saying anything and just driving wildly into a fender bender. Writers should hang their heads in shame at that shit.

C+ because Paige was great and will be great. Gives the writers a "look at this wacky foreign white chick being young and dumb!" angle to play with now.

It's a bit of a shame they once again go with the Natalya dislikes the new girl that they've done pretty much every season now. It seems that well has been tapped out. I liked the Bellas breaking up though, that was well done and nicely tied in with the on-air SummerSlam stuff.

Paige stuff was okay, and it's good to have someone that young be there for the show to have this young rookie messes up storyline, so that could be good. It's weird to see how the sexual stuff they had her do ended up being for Total Divas storylines, and here we were blaming WWE for adding the lesbian stuff to Paige's angles, turns out it came from E!

Lack of Eva Marie was a shame, but the preview showed there was gonna be some dad and injury drama, so there should be some focus there.

Been watching the Old School shows on the network lately, stuff from MGS/Philly in the 70s. Utterly amazed how all the old wrestlers looked like 50 year old men even when they were in their 20/30s.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also WrassleGAF, I'd like to share with you that yesterday BronsonLee blocked me after he had a little emo fit on twitter.

Joking on about Wrestle Kingdom and he flipped out. I'm upset that this fun and playful year has already been ruined by Bronson. However, I shall be the bigger man and attempt my best to bring WrassleGAF back to the FnP Era.

This isn't how you "be the bigger man"

I don't even know or care what that GIF might even represent, but you know what I will say; I don't seek your approval, so on some levels I don't even care for it. If BronsonLee wants to be so fickle with a 'friendship' regardless of whatever level it might be then perhaps that's not a friendship I need.

I've spent too long seeking approval and validation from people, and it's usually pointless. It tends to be from people that you don't need to be friends with - moody or egotistical people. Is this real talk or shoot? Who knows, who cares. This is just a man speaking out about who he has time for and who he doesn't. I have time for people who make me feel good about myself, and have a good positive attitude. Could I have dealt with the situation better? Probably.

But for him to call me a fucking prick for no reason. No. I can't just let that go, not this time. I'm too well-mannered and and usually keep my opinion to myself, but it's time to voice it. I don't care how hypocritical this might all sound, but basically keeping stuff in can cause damage in the long run. I say this here as for the most part I do consider you friends, and people I like even if you are gimmicks on the internet. I'd like to think I'm not a terrible person, yet that still seems invite people to be a dick to me. So perhaps being nice isn't the key, I don't know.

I have soul searching to do, to be at peace with myself.

strobogo

Banned
I don't even know or care what that GIF might even represent, but you know what I will say; I don't seek your approval, so on some levels I don't even care for it. If BronsonLee wants to be so fickle with a 'friendship' regardless of whatever level it might be then perhaps that's not a friendship I need.

I've spent too long seeking approval and validation from people, and it's usually pointless. It tends to be from people that you don't need to be friends with - moody or egotistical people. Is this real talk or shoot? Who knows, who cares. This is just a man speaking out about who he has time for and who he doesn't. I have time for people who make me feel good about myself, and have a good positive attitude. Could I have dealt with the situation better? Probably.

But for him to call me a fucking prick for no reason. No. I can't just let that go, not this time. I'm too well-mannered and and usually keep my opinion to myself, but it's time to voice it. I don't care how hypocritical this might all sound, but basically keeping stuff in can cause damage in the long run. I say this here as for the most part I do consider you friends, and people I like even if you are gimmicks on the internet. I'd like to think I'm not a terrible person, yet that still seems invite people to be a dick to me. So perhaps being nice isn't the key, I don't know.

Yeah I except a bunch of reaction gifs, it's what happens when someone opens up about how they feel. I'm depressed. It's a reality I'm dealing with. This isn't the best business to be in to deal with that illness, but whatever. I turned 30 last year and no one cared, no one said Happy Birthday, sent a card or a text. Not even my own family, other than my Wife (and family in-laws). Christmas comes around and same deal; people you think were friends & family, no texts, cards, presents. Even GAF Secret Santa couldn't be bothered to send anything. So fuck it.

Sorry to hear that Mr. Luchador. Feel better, sometimes a sabbatical from forums is worth it. Try to find some meetups with like-minded folks into the same shit you are into? I'm trying that this year myself, good luck!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I have a pretty abrasive personality and I used to get pretty butthurt when other people didn't "get the joke" so to speak, and would refuse to blame myself for going too far or failing to recognize the limits other people set and instead decided to pick and choose what limits I'd cross. I'm not completely better there, because I still go too far sometimes and can't recognize where peoples' lines are but I'd like to think I'm improving from the Sunflower of two years ago. It doesn't help that even you asked if this is a work or a shoot - sometimes people have no clue.

I wouldn't expect Bronson to forgive you though. I don't know the context at all so I couldn't tell you anything. But it very well may have been not knowing someone else's limits, which they set.

Here's how I feel:
ibePBcqLeTLQcR.gif

joelseph

Woah, Lucha, you haven't received your SS gift yet? That's not cool. Do we know who your SS was yet? Have you contacted Nico?

Big hugs to everyone!

ffs you got called a prick because you tried to get Twitter to spoil Wrestle Kingdom for me

I even warned you you were going to get blocked if you kept bothering me.

I empathize, but come on.

Aiii

So not worth it
You can't control how other people feel about you, so I feel its best to not make it your problem. They want to hate you, for whatever reason I'm sure they feel justified in, then it's their hate to hold in them. Whatever, as long as they don't go overboard harassing you it's their problem, so to say.

T.A.L

Yo Wrasslegaf, long time lurker. Been following wrestling since a wee baby. Been folowing you guys for years.

Fave five consists of Okada, D Brine, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and Tyson Kidd

All time fave five Monty Brown, Triple H, Krispen Wah, Kurt Angle, and William Regal

I currently watch WWE, NXT , NJPW and ROH when im up at that hour. Been a subscriber to the network since day one and I love it.

I have owned every wrestling game since raw on snes. I even bought wwe2k15 on both gens. Was disappointed twice.

No gifs on hand but handshakes all around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo Wrasslegaf, long time lurker. Been following wrestling since a wee baby. Been folowing you guys for years.

Fave five consists of Okada, D Brine, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and Tyson Kidd

All time fave five Monty Brown, Triple H, Krispen Wah, Kurt Angle, and William Regal

I currently watch WWE, NXT , NJPW and ROH when im up at that hour. Been a subscriber to the network since day one and I love it.

I have owned every wrestling game since raw on snes. I even bought wwe2k15 on both gens. Was disappointed twice.

No gifs on hand but handshakes all around.

A great set of Fave Fives, HANDSHAKES, and more!

You're going to fit in well here! You're doing everything right! WELCOME, PAL

New japan New Yeats dash news

Cody hall,is bullet club
Nakamura vs Niagara for ic belt next month
AJ styles vs tanahashi next month

Bad luck shit pinned Okada

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lmao at folks asking for a Skyrim "remaster"

you gotta be fuckin kidding me. that game needs an overhaul on everything. pc version still sucked fuckin ass because skyrim fuckin sucked at its core.

Gonzalez

Banned
ffs you got called a prick because you tried to get Twitter to spoil Wrestle Kingdom for me

I even warned you you were going to get blocked if you kept bothering me.

I empathize, but come on.
Man what's with all this shooting in here, can't you guys keep Kayfabe anymore?

I'm really starting to hate the reality era of WrassleGAF.

T.A.L

You should add Lucha Underground to that list.

I watched an episode, I follow it on YouTube when clips are uploaded and if you guys rave about something I check it out. Not out the loop completely but it lacks something that makes me want to catch it religiously.

imBask

Banned
Man what's with all this shooting in here, can't you guys keep Kayfabe anymore?

I'm really starting to hate the reality era of WrassleGAF.

I don’t hate you, Gonzalez. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the thread.
I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the thread.

T.A.L

¡HarlequinPanic!;146102501 said:
man, I miss monty brown

The pounce was so good. The simplest of moves executed with brute force by a charismatic guy. The reason I even began watching tna besides being a wrestling addict and having one of those "unlocked" direct tv cards was : double j, Monty Brown, and the x division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom