• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I thought everyone hated Booker on commentary? At least, we did when he was doing it every week - is this an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' sort-of thing? Because pre-show Booker isn't the same as RAW commentary team Booker.

What? WrestleGAF loved how crazy he was in the commentary booth. Go back to the older threads for a refresher.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When Booker loses his train of thought, though, it's like a trainwreck. His commentary spots on botchamania are incomprehensible.

What? WrestleGAF loved how crazy he was in the commentary booth. Go back to the older threads for a refresher.

As far as I recall, people loved Booker at first for his enthusiasm, but he became just as idiotic as the others by basically doing the JBL thing of always arguing with Maggle. King's just a non-entity and proves they don't really need a 3rd man.

Striker

He started the whole "D-Bryan" (turned into D-brine). I had no issue with him, especially considering how annoying King and Cole have been. On top of that, Cole would always make fun of the things he'd say. As a face play by play.

Guzim

He started the whole "D-Bryan" (turned into D-brine). I had no issue with him, especially considering how annoying King and Cole have been. On top of that, Cole would always make fun of the things he'd say. As a face play by play.

"He's a nerd!!!"

Edit:Oh, you meant Cole making fun of Booker not Bryan.

Hasney

SHUCKY DUCKY QUACK QUACK

I swear he had more wrestlers on his fave five than five on a single show. I'll take his trainwrecks over parroting 100 percent of the trash in their headset.

Yeah I except a bunch of reaction gifs, it's what happens when someone opens up about how they feel. I'm depressed. It's a reality I'm dealing with. This isn't the best business to be in to deal with that illness, but whatever. I turned 30 last year and no one cared, no one said Happy Birthday, sent a card or a text. Not even my own family, other than my Wife (and family in-laws). Christmas comes around and same deal; people you think were friends & family, no texts, cards, presents. Even GAF Secret Santa couldn't be bothered to send anything. So fuck it.
I would have wished you a happy birthday. Hope you have a good week man.

ffs you got called a prick because you tried to get Twitter to spoil Wrestle Kingdom for me

I even warned you you were going to get blocked if you kept bothering me.

I empathize, but come on.

Yeah come on. No jokes, please. Don't bother me. ME ME ME ME. Whatever Bronson.

Woah, Lucha, you haven't received your SS gift yet? That's not cool. Do we know who your SS was yet? Have you contacted Nico?

Big hugs to everyone!

Just a whole list of things over the last 12 months has wore me down, man.

- Been trying for 6 months to have a kid
- Completely no sell of my Birthday from nearly everyone I thought I knew (friends & family)
- Same again for Christmas
- Before Christmas someone keyed right down the passenger side of my car
- Boxing Day Suspension goes on the car
- GAF SS not caring to send anything, or PM me to say it'd be late. Or not coming. So sorta just left wondering/hoping that the day will be today.
- Work giving zero fucks about difficulties to travel due to car being broken and no garages being open over the Christmas week

The BronsonLee thing isn't even the real issue here, but it's seemingly opened me up being called a 'fucking prick' for what I thought was little-to-no reason. Just generally fed up, and I honestly mean it when I said I consider this community to be friends. I never get invited to go out, and I don't think it's a nasty thing, I'm generally just not thought about. The irony of this being I portray a masked wrestling on an internet forum... one that seemingly doesn't even want me to post this.

Then you sit there and wonder why should I feel this way when I have what would be my 'dream job' if you asked me 15 years ago what I wanted to do. I own my home. We live comfortably. I'm in relatively 'good health' otherwise. It makes no sense.

Easier to talk to you then it is my own wife about this crap.

Spoilered that crap for people who don't want to read it.

RP912

Banned
do you think Vince watched WK9?

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

He probably glimpse at a youtube video with Big Johnny and was like "this show is barbaric...did you know these guys overseas actually wrestled hour long matches without no storyline :eek:"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Then you sit there and wonder why should I feel this way when I have what would be my 'dream job' if you asked me 15 years ago what I wanted to do. I own my home. We live comfortably. I'm in relatively 'good health' otherwise. It makes no sense.

That's what depression is, right there. You feel like shit despite things being good, and look for bad things to amplify. Consider getting help, seriously. I took that step this year and my journey of self-growth is absolutely worth the time and money I've put into it. It's hard to take that first step, especially considering a lot of people attach a stigma to it, but DO IT. It's so important and so good for you. Everyone should see a therapist anyway, honestly, but it will help, I promise.

Yeah, Cole trying to shit on Booker's parade was annoying as hell. It made dumb things sound even dumber.

Gonzalez

Banned
I wonder if Sharmell is hyping Booker up before right now before RAW.

Sharmell: Alright baby this is your second chance. Are you going to fuck this shit up this time?

Booker: HELL NAW!

Sharmell: ARE YOU A SUCKA?!

Booker: I AINT NO SUCKA!!

Sharmell: YOU GONNA LET THE GAME PLAY YOU?!

Booker: I BE PLAYING THE GAME! THE GAME DONT PLAY ME!

¡HarlequinPanic!;146102501 said:
man, I miss monty brown

I hadn't realised just how long he had been with TNA, I was surprised to see him turn up on on PPV 4/5 or so and feud with R-Truth. Both of those guys were amazing in early TNA.

Why not put Heyman on commentary?

He was great with JR in 2001!

Wait, I thought everyone hated Booker on commentary? At least, we did when he was doing it every week - is this an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' sort-of thing? Because pre-show Booker isn't the same as RAW commentary team Booker.

Enjoyed his TNA Commentary with Kevin Nash those few times.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Can't wait for Raw tonight so we can stop talking about this niche geek weeaboo Japanese shit.

Last week's Raw was great. Hopefully WWE realized they have to put on a good show week after week. Bray vs Dean in a blow off match should be great for a Raw main event.

Hope we see Bryan and looking forward to Rollins after the promo of his career.

Oh and a commentary change. That can only be a good thing, no matter the replacement.

XenoRaven

- Completely no sell of my Birthday from nearly everyone I thought I knew (friends & family)
- GAF SS not caring to send anything, or PM me to say it'd be late. Or not coming. So sorta just left wondering/hoping that the day will be today.
- Work giving zero fucks about difficulties to travel due to car being broken and no garages being open over the Christmas week

The BronsonLee thing isn't even the real issue here, but it's seemingly opened me up being called a 'fucking prick' for what I thought was little-to-no reason. Just generally fed up, and I honestly mean it when I said I consider this community to be friends. I never get invited to go out, and I don't think it's a nasty thing, I'm generally just not thought about. The irony of this being I portray a masked wrestling on an internet forum... one that seemingly doesn't even want me to post this.

Therapy, medication if a professional prescribes it, but also make sure you're eating right, exercising, and getting good sleep. Also think of things that might be causing you problems and try to eliminate them if possible. I ended up being roommates with a very negative person and even though I didn't know it, it had a major effect on my depression. I got myself out of that situation and I feel a hell of a lot better.

It's a tough road, and people don't always understand what it's like but if you take some steps to fix it, you will end up feeling a lot better. The hardest part is that by its very nature, depression makes you not want to do anything about it.

Can't wait for Raw tonight so we can stop talking about this niche geek weeaboo Japanese shit.

Last week's Raw was great. Hopefully WWE realized they have to put on a good show week after week. Bray vs Dean in a blow off match should be great for a Raw main event.

Oh and a commentary change. That can only be a good thing, no matter the replacement.

1SpcZCY.gif

That's what depression is, right there. You feel like shit despite things being good, and look for bad things to amplify. Consider getting help, seriously. I took that step this year and my journey of self-growth is absolutely worth the time and money I've put into it. It's hard to take that first step, especially considering a lot of people attach a stigma to it, but DO IT. It's so important and so good for you. Everyone should see a therapist anyway, honestly, but it will help, I promise.

I'll try, man, but there is such a stigma especially in the profession I'm in (sports). It's like total banter material on a plate for 'the lads'

strobogo

Banned
I'll try, man, but there is such a stigma especially in the profession I'm in (sports). It's like total banter material on a plate for 'the lads'

Breh. I'm suicidal legit every day for like...15 years straight. You need to do something about it, otherwise you will turn into an alcoholic who hates himself, everything around him, and people in the Netherlands.

imBask

Banned

Raw was okay last week because it followed 2 months of unwatchable Raws...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

There is no reason they should know a single thing about this. Therapists are discreet as well. Nobody else needs to know.

¡HarlequinPanic!;146101471 said:
Sorry to hear that Mr. Luchador. Feel better, sometimes a sabbatical from forums is worth it. Try to find some meetups with like-minded folks into the same shit you are into? I'm trying that this year myself, good luck!

Lucha, I feel for you. Stay strong.

Therapy, medication if a professional prescribes it, but also make sure you're eating right, exercising, and getting good sleep. Also think of things that might be causing you problems and try to eliminate them if possible. I ended up being roommates with a very negative person and even though I didn't know it, it had a major effect on my depression. I got myself out of that situation and I feel a hell of a lot better.

It's a tough road, and people don't always understand what it's like but if you take some steps to fix it, you will end up feeling a lot better. The hardest part is that by its very nature, depression makes you not want to do anything about it.

I would have wished you a happy birthday. Hope you have a good week man.

Thanks for the kind words, I won't keep the outburst going as this isn't really the time or the place, but I appreciate the thoughts.

Breh. I'm suicidal legit every day for like...15 years straight. You need to do something about it, otherwise you will turn into an alcoholic who hates himself, everything around him, and people in the Netherlands.

=/

I'm sorry to hear this bro. As other state, try to get help and they do indeed keep it discreet. I wish I can offer more help. Really feel like we are a family here despite all of our conflicting opinions. I wish you the best <3

Zach

Just finished Wrestle Kingdom 9 over coffee this morning. Great show, man. Really enjoyed it.

Thoughts!

• JR and Striker were good. There are valid criticisms that could be directed at both, but I don't have time for that.
  • I'm down with Time Splitters (loved Outatime) and reDRagon. Young Bucks did some cool acrobatic stuff, but they seemed like a couple of dorks. No opinion on the Hooligans.
  • That second match was fine. No one really stood out to me.
  • I... don't really remember the third match.
  • I loved seeing my boy Saku and his match with Minoru was really cool. I liked it a lot.
  • I liked the NEVER match. Makabe's got it.
  • The Junior Heavyweight Championship match was pretty good. I'm on the fence about Kenny Omega but
    that finisher was legit.
  • I like the team of Shibata and Goto, especially Shibata's look in general and the fact that he reminds me of Mac from Always Sunny... Gallows and Anderson were trash and looked like crap.
  • Styles/Naito was okay, but I was expecting better at this point.
  • Nakamura and Ibushi was the Match of the Night and I now love them both. Just excellent.
  • Tanahashi/Okada was a good main event. Does Tanahashi always spam that frog splash like he's playing a Smackdown! game? >_>
Anyway, yeah, great show overall. Super impressed with both Ibushi and Nakamura and would like to see more/follow them in the future.

RP912

Banned
I would be miserable too if I get spoon fed the same bullshit every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.

It's like NXT is Pizza day compared to the magic meat that's on WWE's menu.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Raw was okay last week because it followed 2 months of unwatchable Raws...
I disagree. It was good in it's own right, despite an awful crowd. You had Bryan and Rollins each give one of the most memorable promos of their careers. Midcarders were getting fleshed out with actual storys. Also a title change in a good match. The wrasslin wasn't quite there, but they did try by giving 2 of their megastars in Rollins vs Reigns a bit of time too. They failed but that's probably only for the best of us fans for the long term.

I stopped watching wrestling for about 2 weeks. All wrestling. I most certainly noticed an uptick in mood. WK9 was the first of any wrestling I had watched since Christmas Eve.

WWE makes you think negatively about stuff, which contributes to depression. It also a type of self inflicted pain watching WWE on a weekly basis.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson did look fat as fuck though. His beard getting longer looks horrible too. Anderson needs to eat less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom