• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
dAQSt.gif
lol, I honestly didn't think Signs was half bad... well besides the ending.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe people have a single thing to complain about for WK9. Great show, fun, entertaining, and I loved every bit.

Browny

Banned
What's in store for RAW tonight?

In no particular order:

1. Triple H / Steph 20 minute promo
  2. Roman Reigns "I will eliminate 29 other people" promo
  3. Kane
  4. Big Show
  5. Bad booking
  6. Someone dancing
  7. Someone jobbing
  8. Nothing as good as WK9
  9. Bad commentary

That should cover it nicely. Also
Wyatt vs Ambrose?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry Hasney, that's a stupid request and you should be sent to the shitbin for 10 minutes.

but jesus christ I just REALLY finally looked at your avatar. No shitbin.

Gonzalez

Banned
Well they are going to use the dude from Pride to do the commentary for the syndicated New Japan show that'll be coming. I have no idea if they'll use him for near live shows, but he's there if they need him.

I personally think going forward they should use JR for big shows. He sounded a little sloppy, but I think with time he'll get used to the wrestlers, and the way New Japan books their cards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well they are going to use the dude from Pride to do the commentary for the syndicated New Japan show that'll be coming. I have no idea if they'll use him for near live shows, but he's there if they need him.

I personally think going forward they should use JR for big shows. He sounded a little sloppy, but I think with time he'll get used to the wrestlers, and the way New Japan books their cards.

I thought they already had their commentary team established. Is this new?

Aiii

So not worth it
Knowing Daniel Bryan is back, last weeks half decent show and the very slim possibility of Sting would have been a reason for me to tune in.

However, The Authority, ambulance matches and the fact that the roster is not split like last week so there is no longer a reason to push midcard guys and give them silly things like promo time makes me so not want watch Raw this week.

I'll see if you guys end up liking the show, but I'm gonna go with a pass for tonight's Raw.

Hasney

Sorry Hasney, that's a stupid request and you should be sent to the shitbin for 10 minutes.

but jesus christ I just REALLY finally looked at your avatar. No shitbin.

I served my timeout anyway, totally didn't need to do something else.
Also I'm glad someone noticed the avatar. I think it's the best one I've ever had

In all seriousness though, the only complaint (bar certain silly things I read before I went to bed last night) was at the Jr. Tag Match which I completely disagree with. Of course it wasn't the best tag match in the world, especially when psychology is involved, but this is the same reason I wish WWE would bring back some kind of cruiserweight division. That kind of action gets you pumped at the start of the show. I'd just woken up at the time, so I had it on in the background while I made some coffee but I couldn't turn away to see what the next moment of crazy shit would be.

Sure, the other matches energy levels weren't the same, but mine were. It was fun, woke me up and got me glued to my screen. Great way to open a show.

imBask

Banned
I can't believe people have a single thing to complain about for WK9. Great show, fun, entertaining, and I loved every bit.

y-y-yeah b-but the young bucks are just s-spot monkeys waaaaaaah

I love them, they put on a really good show. That PPV was insane, it'll be really hard to watch RAW tonight

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I have to watch Raw, don't I

I mean the Ascension are probably going to be on :/ Dammit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ugh, I have to watch Raw, don't I

I mean the Ascension are probably going to be on :/ Dammit.

This road only leads to heartbreak.

You just know that Kevin Dunn and Vince will give up on these guys a few weeks from now Sunny, don't get your hopes up to high.

strobogo

Banned
Aiii really knows how to start the day off as shitty as possible. Steph/HHH hate in 2015 (despite those two being the highlight of almost every Raw from Summerslam 2013-Surivor Series 2014), a random lolwomensuck post, and a torrent of negativity about Raw and wrestling in general now that he's a NJPW expert. Might as well give up on this year already. Shit isn't going to change.

Aiii

So not worth it
I did it, but then there was some extra thing saying Yes or No that I couldn't be bothered to read so I just ordered a burrito instead. Please understand.

I cannot blame you for not being able to resist a burrito, I understand brother Hasney.

I have you all on ignore, and I always ask Magic 8-Ball if the post will be worth reading or not. Then I click 'Show Post' and see if the 8-Ball was right or not. 8-Ball is running a good .633 at the moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dont think they'll have anymore live PPV's for America(for now). This was just a GFW thang.

No, I mean for their syndicated show - thought they decided on that in early December but I may not be remembering right.

I'm so confused as to why NJPW does a show the day after Wrestle Kingdom. Aren't they all ded

WWE does it. It ain't nothin.

jred2k

ROH and New Japan will be together on shows 5/15 and 5/16 in Toronto at the Ted Reeve Arena. Tickets for the shows are already on sale and they will likely sell out.

I really should get tickets to one of these shows. I'm moving soon so I don't know if I'd be able to make it, but I don't want to miss out on NJPW guys being only a couple hours away.

No, I mean for their syndicated show - thought they decided on that in early December but I may not be remembering right.

They did. It's Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett.

I feel like I got bored when I watched Signs at the cinema. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what my memory is recalling. The bit with the kitchen knife was decent. I also get what happened in Signs mixed up with what happened in Scary Movie 2, 3 or 4.

Aiii

So not worth it
I feel like I got bored when I watched Signs at the cinema. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's what my memory is recalling. The bit with the kitchen knife was decent. I also get what happened in Signs mixed up with what happened in Scary Movie 2, 3 or 4.

I can barely remember Signs to be honest. Is it the one with the crop circle and the priest that stopped being a priest because his wife died...

That last thing might be From Dusk Til Dawn, actually.

I can barely remember Signs to be honest. Is it the one with the crop circle and the priest that stopped being a priest because his wife died...

That last thing might be From Dusk Til Dawn, actually.

Yeah Mel Gibson and Whack-Him Feenix Jr.

Also WrassleGAF, I'd like to share with you that yesterday BronsonLee blocked me after he had a little emo fit on twitter.

8kODH1s.png

Joking on about Wrestle Kingdom and he flipped out. I'm upset that this fun and playful year has already been ruined by Bronson. However, I shall be the bigger man and attempt my best to bring WrassleGAF back to the FnP Era.

WWE=/=NJPW

Snob.

I really should get tickets to one of these shows. I'm moving soon so I don't know if I'd be able to make it, but I don't want to miss out on NJPW guys being only a couple hours away.

They did. It's Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett.

Any word on when they are visiting the States? Got a link for that post?

¡HarlequinPanic!;146096005 said:
As penance for your grave transgression of believing NJPW talent need a night off after the show, you must go through slash mode until you complete it without dying.

...fuck

Bronson, why do you have a pasta bowl in your bathroom?

I was hungry! (I also like how angry I look there for some reason)

my coworker told me that Signs is the scariest movie he has ever seen. I pretended that I've never seen it. How could I possibly respond? Fucking Signs?!?!

It must be the only movie he's seen.

And I'm with Hasney on having wanted to see someone go through the English announcer's table. It would have felt *right* damnit.

In no particular order:

1. Triple H / Steph 20 minute promo
  2. Roman Reigns "I will eliminate 29 other people" promo
  3. Kane
  4. Big Show
  5. Bad booking
  6. Someone dancing
  7. Cesaro jobbing
  8. Nothing as good as WK9
  9. Bad commentary

That should cover it nicely. Also
Wyatt vs Ambrose?

Fixed for accuracy

imBask

Banned
i'm a HHH mark, so i'm glad we'll get some Authority tonight

other than that, man they better put on a really good show because i'll switch to AGDQ pretty fast otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom