• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy-Samberg.jpg

You should use your picture Cure!

With Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and all the other talented women possibly coming up during the year, I hope they actually get time on the main roster. This is probably the most stacked women's division WWE has had in years in terms of in-ring ability. I hope they take advantage of it this year.

#RAWlternative Update: Third match announced.

Chris Hero v. Colin Delaney from 2CW.

Is this the thing on the 18th..?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
With Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and all the other talented women possibly coming up during the year, I hope they actually get time on the main roster. This is probably the most stacked women's division WWE has had in years in terms of in-ring ability. I hope they take advantage of it this year.
iSkkAtPWQtsAf.gif

I mean, you're right, but come on, this is the WWE!

somedevil

TNA removed these names from there roster:

Bully Ray, Devon, Rob Terry, Shark Boy and Brittany

Brittany trying to get a tryout for NXT and was on the list to be a jobber for Charlotte at one point.

Plus will we see the Dudley boyz for the Rumble?

hitme

Was 2000 Triple H's best year? Hell, if you want to count his match against Stone Cold at NWO '01 (Three Stages of Hell), that may be the best year out of everyone ever.

I reckon Dudleyz would still get a killer initial reaction.

Dudleyz would be weird to put in the rumble, because of the whole being a tag team thing.

Was 2000 Triple H's best year? Hell, if you want to count his match against Stone Cold at NWO '01 (Three Stages of Hell), that may be the best year out of everyone ever.

I'd say 2000 was probably the year that completely cemented HHH's status as a legit main eventer. Plus:
i1UBy4FdwDQ60.gif

nukedawg

Banned

I'm with you, but....

seh6p.gif

That egg wears his own merch out in public?
cunt.gif

Booo, gotta stay in character!

- Since damn near every Raw ends up having PPV calibre matches just thrown onto the card absent-mindedly Kane makes it his mission to interfere in as many big matches as he can so that the upcoming PPV events still actually have some worth when they roll around. You may hate him for this but it's for the greater good since the writing staff are a bunch of monkeys, Kane being the guy with the most matches in Raw history knows how this stuff works trust me.

This one got me good because it shits me so much lol

No Cena or AJ in that poll? Weird. Out with the old I guess.

dunnshoulderturn.gif

Jerry needs to slow down, he's been ratshit on the mic for a while but I still respect the guy and want the best for him :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They won't allow Bully to keep his character from TNA so I can't say I'd have much interest in a WWE nostalgia run.

DMczaf

I like how the banner for WM2000 on WWE Network still uses the original poster that had Jericho as the 4th man in the McMahon in Every Corner match.

strobogo

Banned
They won't allow Bully to keep his character from TNA so I can't say I'd have much interest in a WWE nostalgia run.

His character was the same as Bubba Ray. He'd just be Bubba Ray again instead of Bully Ray. Plus, I'm pretty confident that a law suit would kill TNA anyway.

Charlotte got jobbed in two minutes for an NXT promotional match.

I have absolutely no faith in the main rosters ability to handle the woman's division.

I'm with you, but....

seh6p.gif

I know, I know... But it's still just so frustrating. I mean, CLEARLY there's a female demographic that isn't there because they have kids. It just makes sense from not only a business standpoint, but from an equality one as well. I don't want to see the women's division as a piss break. Part of me hopes that when H takes over for real, we get rid of the Diva's moniker and have some real ass Women's stuff. More than one watch a night/PPV. Actual feuds and storylines that don't involve dating guys or lesbians.

A guy can hope..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should just turn Superstars into an hour of Divas wrestling and angles and then repurpose anything that sticks for Raw/Smackdown.

Anyone who thinks Devitt is ugly is just insecure and they're trying to convince themselves that he's ugly so that they can feel better about what they see in the mirror.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
His character was the same as Bubba Ray. He'd just be Bubba Ray again instead of Bully Ray. Plus, I'm pretty confident that a law suit would kill TNA anyway.

Sorry, I was referring to his booking as a singles competitor in an upper card role.

I don't read gaming threads often these days but when I do it turns into one of these ones more often than it should o_O

Finn's titantron is awesome;

2MTSibp.gif
Devitt is gonna be their morning talk show face of the company, it's already written in the stars.

Yup dude should be huge. He's great in the ring too and has enough range to feud with plenty of the roster too, even if he isn't 'Vince' big. Main issue is what they do with him once he gets to that main roster, hopefully H can work his magic on creative so they don't waste him.

I've been reading "The Professional Wrestler in the World of Sports Entertainment" by Matt Murphy

Matt Murphy isn't a big name, but he's wrestled a few big names, was trained by Harley Race before a car accident left him unable to wrestle. This book is basically his step by step guide into the wrestling business.

What really stuck out to me about this book is that it is a lot less idealistic than most wrestler books. He really gets into the more carny nature of the business. He basically warns you about every aspect you can think of from making sure your taxes are in order to why you should choose the wrestling school you should. He stresses the importance of marketability over pure technical skill, and echoes an opinion I have that the reason most indy guys don't make it despite technically being better wrestlers than guys in the WWE is because they all seem to be chasing the Malenko/Benoit aura of "tough regular looking guy who is a good technical wrestler."

It's a fascinating book from an outsider looking in sort of way, and hell I think most aspiring or even established pro wrestlers should look at it

Alternatively, I found all the chapters online free

Thanks for the heads up, this looks like an awesome read!

As obnoxious as fan booking is...would Bray Wyatt corrupting New Day not kill two birds with one stone?

It would make Bray and New Day a fuckload more interesting than they are right now.

Also Ambrose should interrupt Rollins cashing in MITB whenever it happens to restart their feud. Has to end with a curb stomp too.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not sure having a creepy Southern cult leader have a bunch of black dudes doing his dirty work sounds like the most well thought out idea.

I'm not sure having a creepy Southern cult leader have a bunch of black dudes doing his dirty work sounds like the most well thought out idea.

What's wrong with that? Bray can wear some cool white cult robes or something, like a druid and the New Day can refer to him as like... I dunno.. Master or something? Seems well thought out to me.

I don't read gaming threads often these days but when I do it turns into one of these ones

ibbIyoEMEtsBcb.gif

RP912

Banned
So, 2015.

Prediction time: What will be the worst thing in 2015?

TNA finally going out of business
Hogan winning the WWE title
Cena maineventing every ppv throughout the year
EC3 not winning the big one
Sting plugging the WWE Network
Wrestle Kingdom 9 not being a success in America
Lucha Underground getting cancelled :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom