• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends

I'm hungover so fucking badly

I drank a shitload but it's the sunburn that's killing me at work today.
Fell asleep after a swim/row while watching everyone else in the lake, woke up 2 hours later feeling like someone had slapped the shit out of me. Glad I chucked a tshirt on when I got out otherwise I wouldn't be able to sit down o_O
Remember to reapply that sunscreen every 2 hours kids!

I'm not sure having a creepy Southern cult leader have a bunch of black dudes doing his dirty work sounds like the most well thought out idea.

I was thinking more he tries to turn them and they turn straight heel, say how Bray is a creature of pure evil that cannot be reasoned with so they must destroy him for the good of the fans, create a New Day for the world without his evil turning the kids that watch WWE into monsters.

They can beat up bullys too!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bubba also had an upper card singles role in WWE.

I can recall a mini-feud with Triple H and a Hardcore title run during the 24/7 nonsense. Regardless, are they considering him for a singles run or a tag team run with D-Von?

Heel

This motherfucker leaves the arena like this?

tumblr_nhemmiteFt1tx8swwo1_500.jpg

Can't have these NXT kids hog watching, breh. Sami Zayn might try to Tout out the Sination Strudel.

I have no interest in a Bubba singles run but if they want to bring back the Dudley Boyz to kill the usos, I will pay $9.99 a month for that.

strobogo

Banned
I can recall a mini-feud with Triple H and a Hardcore title run during the 24/7 nonsense. Regardless, are they considering him for a singles run or a tag team run with D-Von?

I don't think anything has been considered for either of them as it's just people on the board talking about shit they'd like to see.

RP912

Banned
Watching some NJPW World...damn Dynamite Kid was a fucking beast o_o. Way ahead of time even though he was a dick.

Any boost to the tag division would be welcome. I've really enjoyed the Dust Bros but they need more teams to play with, fucking sick of the Uso's at this point and Mizdow is fun to laugh at but the matches are shit.

Is this the thing on the 18th..?

It's on Monday the 19th. During the time when RAW is airing.

#RAWlternative is a FREE live stream (of taped matches) that Beyond Wrestling will be hosting on their YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/beyondwrestling

Featuring matches from the following promotions:

2CW, Alpha-1, AAW Pro, AIW, Beyond Wrestling, C4, Hooddlam, DREAMWAVE, ISW, Inspire Pro, SMASH, and St. Louis Anarchy

The matches announced so far are:

-The Young Bucks v. Super Smash Bros. (From SMASH)

-Ricochet v. Josh Alexander (Alpha-1)

-Chris Hero v. Colin Delaney (2CW)

The OT would have all this information if it didn't suck, but that probably goes without saying.

strobogo

Banned
Alex Riley is pure trash on commentary trying to bring down Hideo and Finn saying they are unproven. Jesus Christ shut your mouth.

He's the most jealous announcer I've ever heard. He tries to undercut EVERYONE that has momentum or is getting a push, heel or face, male or female. He even was doing that shit with King of Lean on his first night at commentary, telling him he was inexperienced and reminding him multiple times that he can't wrestle anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys better be careful or A-Ry is gonna unleash his rage on you and whoever doesn't get him a free drink.

RP912

Banned
He's the most jealous announcer I've ever heard. He tries to undercut EVERYONE that has momentum or is getting a push, heel or face, male or female. He even was doing that shit with King of Lean on his first night at commentary, telling him he was inexperienced and reminding him multiple times that he can't wrestle anymore.

Trying to learn from the best..

michael-cole-picture-7.jpg

Alex Riley is pure trash on commentary trying to bring down Hideo and Finn saying they are unproven. Jesus Christ shut your mouth.

Riley is on this weird ass thing where he thinks he's reaching for the brass ring. He brings it up on the JBL show all the fucking time. His twitter is no different, it's super cringe worthy. He had his chance but he dropped the ball too many times. There's way more talented dudes like Finn and Hideo on the rise and Riley would just be a bigger waste of space than he already is. Fuck that goober.

His twitter is FULL of pictures like that.

strobogo

Banned
Riley is on this weird ass thing where he thinks he's reaching for the brass ring. He brings it up on the JBL show all the fucking time. His twitter is no different, it's super cringe worthy. He had his chance but he dropped the ball too many times. There's way more talented dudes like Finn and Hideo on the rise and Riley would just be a bigger waste of space than he already is. Fuck that goober.

He's on pre shows and NXT pretty much every week. SHOOT FOR THE STARS, KID. Just start saying shit live on a PPV.

RP912

Banned
http://www.highspots.co.uk/p/dynamite-kid-doc.html

There's not that much footage of him wrestling, due to legal reasons, but the interviews with him and other wrestlers about his impact on the business are worth it. Like you said, he was well before his time.

From what I remember there's a decent amount about his feud with Tiger Mask.

Thats funny...I was just watching a match with him and Tiger Mask. They had some good chemistry throughout the match.

I feel like in 2015 we'll hear a story about Graves beating up Riley backstage

Fixed

I tried to get into them but couldn't. Prolly because I don't know enough about MMA or the desire to learn more about it either.

I usually wait until there's a good legacy mod available, one that starts in 1992 or whatever and lets you fantasy book. I wish I cared more about MMA, but it's just lost it's appeal. I'll be honest... I got bored of GSP, and I miss Shamrock, Chuck, Couture, etc.

Thats funny...I was just watching a match with him and Tiger Mask. They had some good chemistry throughout the match.

Word of caution: He's hard to understand due to his accent and ill health. I think they subtitle him though.

Vince/H need to call Dixie and get her to make an offer to Riley.

With Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and all the other talented women possibly coming up during the year, I hope they actually get time on the main roster. This is probably the most stacked women's division WWE has had in years in terms of in-ring ability. I hope they take advantage of it this year.

Sounds awesome.

But it's about as likely as a steroids scandal surrounding Dusty Rhodes.

PInk Tape

Banned
With Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley and all the other talented women possibly coming up during the year, I hope they actually get time on the main roster. This is probably the most stacked women's division WWE has had in years in terms of in-ring ability. I hope they take advantage of it this year.

I wish I was as optimistic as you, friend.

Vylash

he didn't drop the ball, he had it ripped away from him thanks to the childish mentality of the locker room

Alucard

Banned
Watching Kidd and Cesaro vs. Los Matadores on Main Event from last week. Natalya...that black dress, tho.

Oh shit, they just did the Kings of Wrestling swing spot.

Vylash

Didn't he talk shit about Cena once? He also screwed up at the Rumble by getting eliminated way too early. Plus he has an ugly back tattoo.
Cena was being a jackass backstage and riley stood up for himself

Riley is a pretty shitty face but he was getting over before all that happened, he's also a fun heel and I liked him during his NXT season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom