• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting beat up by Graves would be pretty damning because Graves looks like that kind of poser that would get knocked out by a 14 year old.

DMczaf

sTYH3aF.gif

I used to love it when Jesse Ventura would call out EVERYBODY who ran to the ring for the Rumble. He called it a total waste of energy and he was right.

DM's new gimmick should just be posting gifs of people running to the ring during rumbles until RR '15

I used to love it when Jesse Ventura would call out EVERYBODY who ran to the ring for the Rumble. He called it a total waste of energy and he was right.

But it's great for a casual fan, especially if he gave a little bit of character background about them. Jesse was always great, fuck Hogan for ruining his push for a union.

Slizeezyc

I forgot Rumble 11 also has the infamous Alex Riley elimination botch that fucked up the ending

iErV8c3.gif

Haha I don't remember this at all, what's the story with this? And HOW did he fall out of the ring there, that's insane especially if it wasn't supposed to happen.

DMczaf

I thought Riley was suppose to be in the final four to eliminate Cena with the help of Miz.

Instead, they had Riley come running out for no reason, distract Cena, Miz throws Cena out, and they both run away.

It was so half assed lol

Guys, please notice the word in Strobogo's avatar.

Haha I don't remember this at all, what's the story with this? And HOW did he fall out of the ring there, that's insane especially if it wasn't supposed to happen.

What was the original plan?

Riley was supposed to eliminate Cena later in the match due to Miz popping up on the apron. Riley fucked up and fell off the apron when he was just supposed to land on the apron. Miz was at ringside the entire time Riley was out there and goes dead ass quiet after Riley accidentally falls out. The referee Mike Chioda can be seen constantly going back and forth between Cena and Miz, going over a new plan. About 10 minutes later, Riley ran back down to distract Cena while Miz, who was never in the match, ran in the ring and threw Cena over the top rope.

It was entirely planned for Del Rio to win the thing.

strobogo

Banned
Guys, please notice the word in Strobogo's avatar.

Riley was supposed to eliminate Cena later in the match due to Miz popping up on the apron. Riley fucked up and fell off the apron when he was just supposed to land on the apron. Miz was at ringside the entire time Riley was out there and goes dead ass quiet after Riley accidentally falls out. The referee Mike Chioda can be seen constantly going back and forth between Cena and Miz, going over a new plan. About 10 minutes later, Riley ran back down to distract Cena while Miz, who was never in the match, ran in the ring and threw Cena over the top rope.

It was entirely planned for Del Rio to win the thing.

Are you calling me a liar? Fuck you, pal.

I can't let mention of the 2011 rumble pass without bringing up the teasing of and eventual showdown between Cena and Orton except the crowd didn't give a damn while commentary tries to sell it as the embodiment of hype, when they finally come to blows they basically flail at each other with slaps, hilarious.

edit: DM bringing the goods just a few posts up, revel in its anti climactic glory.
Also historic Kane of course, who can deny? no that's not the anti climax!

DMczaf

I can't let mention of the 2011 rumble pass without bringing up the teasing of and eventual showdown between Cena and Orton except the crowd didn't give a damn while commentary tries to sell it as the embodiment of hype, when they finally come to blows they basically flail at each other with slaps, hilarious.

It's even better because they did that shit TWICE, like they think the first time it failed was a fluke or something.

Here's the 2nd attempt: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs9lrc_wrestling-tv-royal-rumble-2011-partie-3_auto?start=2830

Watched Inoki vs Thesz on NJPW World, interesting match in that 60 year old Thesz was never going to wrestle the lengthy bouts Inoki favoured and also that he forced Inoki into working a Thesz-style match, whereas it was often the other way around with Inoki's other opponents. Lou's style wasn't as flashy as Inoki's (although flashy isn't really the right word here) and he was much less interested in exchanging holds than he was in just trapping Inoki in a hold. Pretty slow paced, but they told a good story, establishing early on the cardinal rule; you can't put a side-headlock on Lou Thesz, and then playing into that nicely when Thesz later gets a side-headlock himself, only for Inoki to escape in perfect Thesz fashion before hitting a bridging fall-away slam for the pin. Both that moment and Lou losing his cool earlier on in the match really roused the crowd and overall the match made everyone look good; Thesz was clearly still the mat master, but Inoki was no slouch and had the upper-hand in terms of stamina and desire. Good stuff, worth a watch. And for anyone wondering, this is what happens when you try and side-headlock Lou Thesz;

fEOPrS1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alex Riley still has a job. And that's why no jobbers/low card guys should fear for their future about speaking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom