• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Umm...Bayley did a one off match the night after Takeover.

And then didn't get officially signed to Raw until a month or two later.

She debuted the night after Takeover Brooklyn. Foley designated her as the "hottest free agent". This could have been though after Sasha got hurt at Summerslam the night before.

Also, I was there lol.

ReiGun

Meh I don't think that's always the case. Bayley debuted the night after Takeover.

There was also a sense of finality to Bayley leaving and she had teamed with Sasha on a main roster PPV before that.

Lately, they make it pretty obvious when someone on NXT is on their way out. I'm not saying Tye and Nak are there till Summerslam or some shit, but people may want to cool their jets thinking they're up tomorrow. Could happen, but it's just as likely they stick around till at least after Mania.

Toki767

She debuted the night after Takeover Brooklyn. Foley designated her as the "hottest free agent". This could have been though after Sasha got hurt at Summerslam the night before.

Also, I was there lol.

I was confusing that with her other debut where she teamed up with Sasha against Charlotte and Dana and then was never heard from until being signed to Raw.

This is probably the same case with Tye.

There was also a sense of finality to Bayley leaving and she had teamed with Sasha on a main roster PPV before that.

Lately, they make it pretty obvious when someone on NXT is on their way out. I'm not saying Tye and Nak are there till Summerslam or some shit, but people may want to cool their jets thinking they're up tomorrow. Could happen, but it's just as likely they stick around till at least after Mania.

I mean I don't think Nak is going to debut tomorrow, it doesn't make sense considering the knee injury angle they played on Saturday.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Here's the gameplan:

Nakamura has one last match with Roode the night before WM
He loses
3 days later, whadda know, Nak is making his SmackDown debut

RBH

Who are you, again?

My name is RBH!

I didn't realize that Dallas Stars' fans couldn't read either
NH9gE7v.gif

cordy

Banned
Cena/Ambrose more than likely for WM. I also doubt Nakamura's going to Raw. Given the amount of time before WM, I doubt they'd do the "he's selling his leg and debuting in time for WM" thing for him. If anything, I can see Nakamura debuting the night after Raw/SD. Here's the card how I see it.

Reigns/Taker
Joe/Rollins
Lesnar/Goldberg
Strowman/??? (wildcard idk)
Cena/Ambrose
Styles/Shane

Who knows really. A great card though, we'll see how SD is shaping up tomorrow. I just don't see Nakamura having a great debut match at WM simply because people want it to happen.

Cena/Ambrose more than likely for WM. I also doubt Nakamura's going to Raw. Given the amount of time before WM, I doubt they'd do the "he's selling his leg and debuting in time for WM" thing for him. If anything, I can see Nakamura debuting the night after Raw. Here's the card how I see it.

Reigns/Taker
Joe/Rollins
Lesnar/Goldberg
Cena/Ambrose
Styles/Shane

Who knows really. A great card though, we'll see how SD is shaping up tomorrow.

Orton/Wyatt

Barrage

Mmm that was good wrasslin.

I'm debating doing a road trip for the Rumble in Philly next year. Anyone got stories of the most they've spent to see wrestling, and if it was worth it?

orioto

Good Art™
After they play with Authority Joe they can finally use my super idea of a fat stable lol. Basically Owens and Joe destroying every guys with abs and a pretty face on the roster. I'm sure they would be so fucking over with it.Some kind of reverse beautiful people

ReiGun

SD needs a midcard more than anything right now, so they'll probably get Tye, who is pretty much the only singles midcarder on NXT ready to move up

Their main event scene is fine for now, I think. Cena, Styles, Orton, and (ugh) Ambrose, with likely Bray, Corbin, and Miz to move up. That'll get them through Mania and hopefully then they can get Nak for another face.

Joe vs Lesnar, Owens, Rollins, Cesaro, Rusev, Strowman, Jericho, and Zayn? Sign me up.

Joe could be the US Champion we need.

Cena/Ambrose more than likely for WM. I also doubt Nakamura's going to Raw. Given the amount of time before WM, I doubt they'd do the "he's selling his leg and debuting in time for WM" thing for him. If anything, I can see Nakamura debuting the night after Raw/SD. Here's the card how I see it.

Reigns/Taker
Joe/Rollins
Lesnar/Goldberg
Cena/Ambrose
Styles/Shane

Who knows really. A great card though, we'll see how SD is shaping up tomorrow. I just don't see Nakamura having a great debut match at WM simply because people want it to happen.

Joe/Rollins won't happen at WM.

It'll be Triple H/Rollins at WM.

Here's the gameplan:

Nakamura has one last match with Roode the night before WM
He loses
3 days later, whadda know, Nak is making his SmackDown debut
Here's the Joe gameplan:
Build to match with Rollins at FastLane
Job
Do a multi-man gimmick at WM
Make Roman look stronk for 2-3 months after Mania
Have fun in the midcard

He gives one shit vs 10 shits for Raw then.
You're putting too much thought into "they didn't want Cena and Reigns on the same brand"

We ain't getting Cena/Taker, we're getting Cena/Reigns after Reigns retires Taker so Reigns can also retire Cena. That's the money Mania match someday

cordy

Banned
Yeah Trips is getting that WM slot. Think about it guys. Joe's here to stack the odds against Rollins. Y'all know what'll happen.

- Joe/Rollins at WM, if Rollins wins he can face Trips later on
- Rollins beats Joe
- Rollins/Trips
- Due to the Joe match and possible interference from Joe and/or bullshit, Rollins loses
- Trips gets the win but Rollins won an earlier match and he's looked at as "strong in defeat" in the eyes of the "WWE"

We know that'll happen. Joe's only here to cause bullshit in the Rollins match so he can have an excuse to when he loses against Triple H.

That's probably the only reason Joe's here. He's here to give Rollins trouble so when he loses it won't be clean.

You know it's true.

Paracelsus

There is no way Owens vs Jericho is for the world title, near impossible. Who goes over then, Jericho? Nah. Owens retains? Only if he loses it the night after WM.

Joe will go over with a screwy HHH finish to protect him, but the main enigma is who goes over in the chamber.

I mean, if Joe is the next Rollins, and he put over both Rollins and Owens with interference, why wouldn't he add Joe to the EC and award him the title? It has happened before in January, more than once, with Edge.

Toki767

There is no way Owens vs Jericho is for the world title, near impossible. Who goes over then, Jericho? Nah. Owens retains? Only if he loses it the night after WM.

Joe will go over with a screwy HHH finish to protect him, but the main enigma is who goes over in the chamber.

I mean, if Joe is the next Rollins, and he put over both Rollins and Owens with interference, why wouldn't he add Joe to the EC and award him the title? It has happened before in January, more than once, with Edge.

Well Elimination Chamber is a Smackdown only show, so unless they found a way to get rid of Shane and Bryan at the show, it wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom