• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

gun_haver

There is no way Owens vs Jericho is for the world title, near impossible. Who goes over then, Jericho? Nah. Owens retains? Only if he loses it the night after WM.

Joe will go over with a screwy HHH finish to protect him, but the main enigma is who goes over in the chamber.

I mean, if Joe is the next Rollins, and he put over both Rollins and Owens with interference, why wouldn't he add Joe to the EC and award him the title? It has happened before in January, more than once, with Edge.

?

Elimination Chamber is Smackdown.

There is no way Owens vs Jericho is for the world title, near impossible. Who goes over then, Jericho? Nah. Owens retains? Only if he loses it the night after WM.

Joe will go over with a screwy HHH finish to protect him, but the main enigma is who goes over in the chamber.

I mean, if Joe is the next Rollins, and he put over both Rollins and Owens with interference, why wouldn't he add Joe to the EC and award him the title? It has happened before in January, more than once, with Edge.
Because EC is a Smackdown PPV?

EC is a Smackdown exclusive show

So RAW doesn't have a No Way Out event where Owens goes to defend the belt one last time before Mania? That sounds like bullshit.

They have Fastlane where Owens will probably job to Goldberg

Liv Morgan been on Raw house shows though.

They getting Aaliyah and Daria.

Daria <3

So what's the deal with Joe. Does he lose at Fastlane or what. doesn't make sense for Seth to lose if he's going to fight Triple H.

Hopefully a draft shakeup puts Rusev on SD. Too many samey guys on Raw

Joe
Kevin Owens
Rusev
Big E

Then there's

Strowman
Big Cass
Big Show
Big Dog

Liv Morgan been on Raw house shows though.

They getting Aaliyah and Daria.
giphy.gif

I wish they would just have Joe beat Rollins clean with the context that Rollins is good enough to beat HHH but not good enough to beat Joe which is the precise reason why HHH brought Joe up and enlisted his help.

Yeah Trips is getting that WM slot. Think about it guys. Joe's here to stack the odds against Rollins. Y'all know what'll happen.

- Joe/Rollins at WM, if Rollins wins he can face Trips later on
- Rollins beats Joe
- Rollins/Trips
- Due to the Joe match and possible interference from Joe and/or bullshit, Rollins loses
- Trips gets the win but Rollins won an earlier match and he's looked at as "strong in defeat" in the eyes of the "WWE"

We know that'll happen. Joe's only here to cause bullshit in the Rollins match so he can have an excuse to when he loses against Triple H.

That's probably the only reason Joe's here. He's here to give Rollins trouble so when he loses it won't be clean.

You know it's true.
Hunter, we know this is you.

Eww
Balor is so fucking boring. The only person who can get me to cheer Reigns.

I'd rather have im go up against Balor than any other possible alternative the have for him. No way he's on the title picture, Owens is almost set to go for Jericho and Sami is most likely a pick for the annual clusterfuck ladders match.

I don't wanna see Joe in the Andre Battle Royal :(

Jerm411

BTW can someone let Trump know that the nWo was just an angle....holy shit, it's happening in real life before our eyes...

cordy

Banned
Hunter, we know this is you.

rhao6.gif

And here's something someone hasn't said yet.

Don't give Balor a major match, put him in the ATGMBR as a final entrant. This way, he can win a major match while also testing his arm out. He can also be protected against everyone else in the match who will likely be guys like Braun, Show and other major dudes. Braun can be Balor's first feud back from Balor eliminating him from this match. It's the safest best thing for Balor to do and it gives him an accomplishment rather than having a major match and losing.

It works out.

shanafan

Here's the Joe gameplan:
Build to match with Rollins at FastLane
Job
Do a multi-man gimmick at WM
Make Roman look stronk for 2-3 months after Mania
Have fun in the midcard

I remember when GAF thought AJ was done after jobbing to Jericho at Wrestlemania last year.

But he then main events two PPVs in a row, beats Cena clean at Summerslam, followed by winning the belt.

Mania is going to be HHH vs Rollins one on one with Rollins winning with a pedigree clean
Yes, HHH/Seth would be one match and Joe/Balor would be another

If Balor is able to compete (but not in a high profile match) I don't think they'd put him in the filler battle royale. If anything he'd just do a Demon Entrance and beat up whoever

Here's the most logical setup that still gets us to Rollins/Triple H but protects Joe:

Joe vs. Seth at Fastlane.

Triple H tries to interfere to help Joe win, but Balor interferes to help Seth because he hates Joe more than he resents Seth for injuring him.

Joe is angry, wants Balor at WM.

Triple H is angry, wants Seth at WM.

rhao6.gif

And here's something someone hasn't said yet.

Don't give Balor a major match, put him in the ATGMBR as a final entrant. This way, he can win a major match while also testing his arm out. He can also be protected against everyone else in the match who will likely be guys like Braun, Show and other major dudes. Braun can be Balor's first feud back from Balor eliminating him from this match. It's the safest best thing for Balor to do and it gives him an accomplishment rather than having a major match and losing.

It works out.

Unless Balor has a major setback, he'll be healthy well before WM. Definitely long enough for him to have a good month or so build to a big match.

Paracelsus

That would get people to jump in the ring.

Also, I don't get why people want

A. A midget to go against a man taller than Taker and heavier than Henry. I thought you hated when Rey Mastrio was buried by Khali and Henry in 2006
B. A "newcomer" you want to put over against a guy that lost all hype behind him after he dropped the belt quicker than Bryan.

Owens? Cena. AJ? Cena. Joe? Cena. If they trust Joe to carry the belt soon, the rumor is going to become true.

I remember when GAF thought AJ was done after jobbing to Jericho at Wrestlemania last year.

But he then main events two PPVs in a row, beats Cena clean at Summerslam, followed by winning the belt.

You gotta have some kind of credibility before you put over Shane at a Mania

Here's the most logical setup that still gets us to Rollins/Triple H but protects Joe:

Joe vs. Seth at Fastlane.

Triple H tries to interfere to help Joe win, but Balor interferes to help Seth because he hates Joe more than he resents Seth for injuring him.

Joe is angry, wants Balor at WM.

Triple H is angry, wants Seth at WM.

Yes, this is the likely scenario I'd like to see. It'll give a bigger sense of importance to one of the most boring PPVs currently active.

LionPride

Banned
Like, if you get hit with a Stunner in real life...you have to give up on life right? Move and never be heard from again? Or an F-5? Or a One Winged Angel?

Paracelsus

Like, if you get hit with a Stunner in real life...you have to give up on life right? Move and never be heard from again? Or an F-5? Or a One Winged Angel?

If you get hit with a stunner you strain your back because you don't usually sell with a bump on your knees in real life. If you get hit with an F5 hope people are kind enough to call an ambulance for a severe concussion, fractured nose or skull. OWA? Will pop your neck right off, like Goldberg's mule kick on Bret Hart.

DJChuy

Had a blast tonight at Raw. Crowd was really into Lesnar, Triple H and Joe. Whether you hate it or love it, Enzo was also over. No one really cared about the cruiserweights.

The first thing I saw when I entered the arena was promotional stuff for the new Ring movie. Seemed random, but idk if they sponsored Raw.

Top Bottom