• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

miserable

C2qhahtXgAAV4nR.jpg

I was only watching when he most recently got the belt. It was awful.

He's been really good with Cesaro though.

Basically:

First WWE title: Won off Cena in a tables match with very little build on a finish that looked botched and got no crowd reaction
Second WWE title: Won in a fatal four way off of random Nexus interference, where he got chased off like a coward immediately after the win
King of the Ring randomly, lost constantly to Morrison afterwards
World title: 18 Seconds. Reign also saw the infamous SheamusDelRio.jpg where they fought over the belt for 6 PPVs or so
MITB: Random win with no crowd reaction, cashed in on Reigns, somehow wasn't cheered unanimously for doing so, was cheered when he lost the belt back to Reigns
Tag titles: I love the team, but it still came about only as a result of 50/50ing a Best of 7 series, which is still godawful. Also they lost the belts on a preshow with no build or crowd reaction to the change

Cosmozone

Had a blast tonight at Raw. Crowd was really into Lesnar, Triple H and Joe. Whether you hate it or love it, Enzo was also over. No one really cared about the cruiserweights.

The first thing I saw when I entered the arena was promotional stuff for the new Ring movie. Seemed random, but idk if they sponsored Raw.
Interesting, she looks more like Sadako than Samara.

Why isn't Joe on Smackdown to give the brand some fresh matches? We all know HHH can't resist the opportunity for an overblown Mania entrance so Joe being involved in that feud is pointless.

Hasney

WHEN THEY DID THIS WITH ORTON AT LEAST ORTON WAS THE FUCKING HEEL

True, I just wanted Orton to look excited. At least the baby face of that feud had a reasoned and measured response.

triple-h-break-s-the-door-o.gif

Oh. Great. Joe's first match to be a loss, instead of building him up to be a monster. Let's give that role to Green Strongman instead. Makes sense.

If they do it, I hope Joe just gets DQ'd after snapping, but I don't hold much hope for the Raw brand creatively.

Hasney

Now everyone is mad that Joe got called up? Jeez.

I wouldn't say everyone. I am because I'll never see him again bar in gif format on here and cross-brand PPVs if he's deemed worthy of the Wrestlemania pre-show. He's not worth slogging through Raw for. No-one is.

I had so many hopes for Samoa Joe.

They could have absolutely nailed this and chucked him straight in a feud with AJ Styles or something which everyone knows would be INCREDIBLE because it always was.

Instead......

We get this.

I'm not mad he's debuted - I just know what they'll do to him

I'm all for shitting on things but how about we wait for them to actually happen before we shit on them, or at least be implied to happen.

Joe is a much better fit for Raw right now anyway. His debut was mint, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's going to lose at Fastlane.

Hasney

I'm all for shitting on things but how about we wait for them to actually happen before we shit on them, or at least be implied to happen.

A decade of evidence bar rare good patches has taught me that I need to be shown Raw not fucking something up before waiting. 90% of them time, it turns out to be right, so the burden of proof is on them.

Still burnt on giving Raw a chance after the draft. Mah bad.

I would prefer Joe to be on SD but his debut on Raw was great and better than if he just got jobbed out at the rumble despite the initial pop he would have gotten.

Hasney

I would prefer Joe to be on SD but his debut on Raw was great and better than if he just got jobbed out at the rumble despite the initial pop he would have gotten.

Yeah, this is better than the Rumble since they weren't going to have him be dominant for a while. They needed the ring filled for Brok/Goldberg/Taker elims.

klonere

Banned
If you want to talk about booking predicaments, consider this. Your number 2 or even number 1 babyface who never ever loses (two pinfalls take in all of 2016 IIRC), who you were just about to throw back in the main event scene as the focus of the entire promotion for at least 6 months, in a major storyline with a new faction, may never wrestle again. The faction you were building around him now lack a true main event threat, the next most important guy just having lost to your current champion. (
PUSH MOCHIZUKI!!!!
)

Meanwhile your top belt champ is floundering, his reign having been overshadowed by the departure of one of the company's most beloved performers to WWE, his unit having failed to click in anyway and his next match against a very inconsistent wrestler who hasn't had a serious singles match in nearly (over?) 2 years.

Find out how the best booked company in the world deals with this and many other concerns on the next episode of DRAGON GATE.

C3fclUrXAAA0RD2.jpg

I had so many hopes for Samoa Joe.

They could have absolutely nailed this and chucked him straight in a feud with AJ Styles or something which everyone knows would be INCREDIBLE because it always was.

Instead......

We get this.

I'm not mad he's debuted - I just know what they'll do to him
I'm hoping Trips isn't in ring shape, or has an undisclosed injury or something. I'm hoping Joe will be his Proxy for a Mania match.

GunBR

lol at some guys here thinking that Nakamura is going to Smackdown. Him and Asuka are definitely going to Raw

With luck Smackdown gets Rusev and Zayn after some kind of exchange

If you want to talk about booking predicaments, consider this. Your number 2 or even number 1 babyface who never ever loses (two pinfalls take in all of 2016 IIRC), who you were just about to throw back in the main event scene as the focus of the entire promotion for at least 6 months, in a major storyline with a new faction, may never wrestle again. The faction you were building around him now lack a true main event threat, the next most important guy just having lost to your current champion. (
PUSH MOCHIZUKI!!!!
)

Meanwhile your top belt champ is floundering, his reign having been overshadowed by the departure of one of the company's most beloved performers to WWE, his unit having failed to click in anyway and his next match against a very inconsistent wrestler who hasn't had a serious singles match in nearly (over?) 2 years.

Find out how the best booked company in the world deals with this and many other concerns on the next episode of DRAGON GATE.

C3fclUrXAAA0RD2.jpg

Remember when Doi lost to YAMATO and those two hooded guys helped him to the back? I'd assume we're finding out who they are a lot sooner than planned. As for the Tribe Vanguard stuff, it's going to be really interesting to see how the group splits - kicking Hulk out and turning could be the shot in the arm they need.

A decade of evidence bar rare good patches has taught me that I need to be shown Raw not fucking something up before waiting. 90% of them time, it turns out to be right, so the burden of proof is on them.

Still burnt on giving Raw a chance after the draft. Mah bad.

You're not the bad guy here, believe me. This is the same excuses people give for supporting DC live action movies.

At some point, they owe you goodwill, you don't owe them your hours. Well past that point for both

klonere

Banned
Remember when Doi lost to YAMATO and those two hooded guys helped him to the back? I'd assume we're finding out who they are a lot sooner than planned. As for the Tribe Vanguard stuff, it's going to be really interesting to see how the group splits - kicking Hulk out and turning could be the shot in the arm they need.

Yeah, I've seen some people call for Hulk to turn now that Yoshino is gone. Could be a short term band-aid to cover for it. Although that would mean he would have to join Verserk I guess.

Pikma

Banned
Fuck Raw but his call up seems to actually have a decently written kayfabe reason, so if they went through all that trouble (which is legit trouble because we all know Raw writers try as hard as they can to not do their job) I doubt it's going to be just to fed him to Seth. If Balor was able to beat both Reigns and Rollins I think Joe could definitely achieve something similar, plus I don't think HHH would let Vince bury one of his boys this quick.

Or maybe they will, they've made even more stupid decisions before

klonere

Banned
Did someone say Smackdown was short on faces because you could just put Balor on Smackdown when he comes back please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasney

Yeah, I think he'll be fine short-term. Just after that, I can't help but think of Rusev. Hell, even Mark Henry. Hall of Pain WHC on Smackdown, does nothing on Raw bar THERE'S PLENTY LEFT IN THE TANK fake retirement goodness.

Did someone say Smackdown was short on faces because you could just put Balor on Smackdown when he comes back please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really hoping for a post-Mania draft.

Suddenly thinking I may want to go to the Raw in Portland next Monday. Chances are good Joe will have his first match then, plus Goldberg, right?

Hasney

Suddenly thinking I may want to go to the Raw in Portland next Monday. Chances are good Joe will have his first match then, plus Goldberg, right?

I don't think Joe will officially wrassle until Fastlane if I had my money on it. BUt I'm sure he'll beat somebody up.

Misaki has become a total babyface for me in Terrace House. At first I wasn't sure what to think, but now certain people have left she seems like the nicest person.

Handa though~~

Top Bottom