• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Caderfix

The sad part is, both Cena and Orton are great, but I've seen them fighting a billion times already, I've seen them both fighting side by side and, literally, defeating the entire RAW roster at once, except for HHH. I don't want to see them together ever again, specially at Mania.

Hasney

The sad part is, Both Cena and Orton are great, but I've seen them fighting a billion times already, I've seen them both fighting side to side and, literally, defeating the entire RAW roster at once, except for HHH. I don't want to see them together ever again, specially at Mania.

78 times they've been involved in the same match together up until 2014.

78!

Anth0ny

The sad part is, Both Cena and Orton are great, but I've seen them fighting a billion times already, I've seen them both fighting side to side and, literally, defeating the entire RAW roster at once, except for HHH. I don't want to see them together ever again, specially at Mania.

but now they each have popular internet memes to their name

who will win? RKO OUTTA NOWHERE or AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA?

shanafan

Ok, so what is with the Joey Samoey reference? Did NXT just mess up his name at his debut or that his legit name initially?

Hasney

2014 Rumble title match amazingly hasn't been edited. Loud Daniel Bryan chants.

JBL: "I don't think the fans realise that Daniel Bryan wrestled earlier in the night. And lost!"

We want Angle chants now.

Ok, so what is with the Joey Samoey reference? Did NXT just mess up his name at his debut or that his legit name initially?

W2en9ra.jpg

It's a joke about how wrestling companies change the names of wrestlers when they go from one to another. Like from TNA to WWE and vice versa.

Recall

Why not wait until Elimination Chamber before being upset over Cena v Orton? The "story" of who is champ or challenger could change, could it not?

Wrestlemania will still have you watching no matter what they have on the card so why worry when you are going to watch it anyway?

Caderfix

It's a joke about how the WWE names the talent, so when Joe was hired people started saying he'd be named Joey Samoey, when Sting (Steve Borden) was signed, people said he'd be named Borden Stevens and such

The things Cena has been doing like talking shit on talk shows about AJ and what not.

It really feels to me like a Hogan protecting his spot kinda deal.

I really don't hate Cena, the US title run was really good and the matches he had with Cesaro were great. But this shit now seems pretty transparent and carny like. He put people over then fucked off to make movies and reality TV or whatever, now comes back, buries the dude who carried the product for the last 6 months then beats him to lead into Mania season.

Eh.
He's doing the same shit Hogan did, but putting people over to keep up his 'nice guy' facade. AJ will never get this win back.

Anth0ny

wwe used to/still does change the name of wrestlers who got over in other promotions in order to own their life forever. the name changes were always horrible and lame.

joey samoey, or possibly joey uso, were the names tossed around as a joke before joe ever came to nxt. luckily, they decided to just keep him as samoa joe.

Hasney

Why not wait until Elimination Chamber before being upset over Cena v Orton? The "story" of who is champ or challenger could change, could it not?

Wrestlemania will still have you watching no matter what they have on the card so why worry when you are going to watch it anyway?

No I won't. If the cards shit, I'm not watching this one out of hope Reigns/Taker and Goldberg/Lesnar seem to be locks, so it's not looking promising.

It's a joke name that came about when people were speculating whether wwf would change his name when he joined nxt.

They didn't, they just gave him crap music which they thankfully changed (though they played his old bad music when he won the title a couple of months ago lol).

JBL: "I don't think the fans realise that Daniel Bryan wrestled earlier in the night. And lost!

And thusly Meltz did christen JBL "The voice of Vince"

Hasney

"You both suck" chant aimed at the Orton V Cena match. This is better than I remember.

Cole, during the chant: "This crowd is electric!!!"

imBask

Banned
so Da Meltz is saying Taker came back too fast from a surgery because the storyline needed him and that's why he looked like shit

Fuck Vince

Hasney

so Da Meltz is saying Taker came back too fast from a surgery because the storyline needed him and that's why he looked like shit

Fuck Vince

Oh yeah, Taker was so needed to be thrown over by Roman and not something they could have done via promos for a month.

not at all.

Hasney

You will watch.

Nah, I'll just read about it first unless there's a couple of must-see matches, then if it sounds good I'll watch it then.

The Rumble match between Orton and Cena was actually very good, shame the crowd instantly shat on it.

This is slow paced and seemingly building to nothing. The only thing that got a positive reaction so far was Orton kicking Cena to stop the 5 knuckle shuffle. And rightfully so.

Fuck Vince

apparently taker has said if someone told him he needs to hang it up he would do it. But I'm sure Vince & HHH are looking at ratings and going YOU STILL GOT IT

Hasney

Prolonged un-needed waiting around, AA outta nowhere, kickout at 2.

"We want refunds" chant breaks out

Lawler: "Haha, you gotta love the WWE Universe, they're doing anything to distract Orton!"

Orton has a stroll around the ring for a while and looks like he smelled a fart. Locks in a better STF than Cena does.

Reversed into a crossface by Cena...

Orton hits an AA for 2

Kaladin

It won't be Cena vs Orton. We'll get Jericho vs Owens and Wyatt vs Orton. I'm okay with this....also okay with Roman vs Undertaker and Goldberg vs Lesnar III.

Hasney

Orton takes a year to stand up, shakes his head. Feels like more pointless delaying for some reason.

Cena hits an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE for a 2 count

Anth0ny

Fuck Vince

yeah apparently he was hurting real bad after the rumble

and he did nothing

I love Taker but I really have no interest in seeing him trying to carry a match with Reigns while injured. Reigns certainly can't carry an injured Taker.

"They don't actually think Cena and Orton suck, they're just having fun. They actually love them!"

the best was JBL during the championship ceremony.

the DANIEL BRYAN chants are deafening. triple h has to stop talking about the epic moment in time that is orton vs cena 9010930934092379834789

silence from commentary, and then finally JBL:

"they're having fun!"

Hasney

Slowly walking to the turnbuckle for a super AA spot, blocked, another STF.

Wyatts have finally shown up to a huge pop to save this tortured crowd

RKO, pin, woo.

Now to fast forward to Rey coming out at 30 and enjoy the 2014 Rumble too.

It won't be Cena vs Orton. We'll get Jericho vs Owens and Wyatt vs Orton. I'm okay with this....also okay with Roman vs Undertaker and Goldberg vs Lesnar III.

Personally I think Jericho/Owens will almost certainly be on the card, just not for the Universal Championship. Maybe the U.S. title? I have a feeling that since Goldberg is booked for Fastlane, he'll take the title from KO there and face Brock at Mania for it. Brock goes over, sets up a feud for Roman to conquer the beast and win the title at Summerslam.

Might be completely off the mark, but its just my two cents.

Hasney

Big E comes out at #29. Loud Daniel Bryan chants start after his music fades. That dies down, then a yes chant. Countdown, Rey.... Booing.

I love it, maggle.

Hasney

I forgot everyone cheering Roman in 2014 just because they wanted him to beat Batista. That would be the last Rumble he'd be cheered at.

Kaladin

Personally I think Jericho/Owens will almost certainly be on the card, just not for the Universal Championship. Maybe the U.S. title? I have a feeling that since Goldberg is booked for Fastlane, he'll take the title from KO there and face Brock at Mania for it. Brock goes over, sets up a feud for Roman to conquer the beast and win the title at Summerslam.

Might be completely off the mark, but its just my two cents.

There isn't even a way to book that. They set up Strowman vs Owens and Sami Zayn vs Jericho at Fastlane last night. Goldberg was challenged by Lesnar for Mania already.....no title involved, just Lesnar wanting to end Goldberg once and for all.

If they suddenly switch gears and give Goldberg a title shot at Fastlane it would be out of left field.

Top Bottom