• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Sephzilla

Pretty much though I hope not.

Then again I also want Breeze to get a bodyguard before officially moving up to Raw and that Dylan Mile guy or whatever his name is looks to me like he'd be a good fit for it and they don't need to wait until he's ready to wrestle on NXT to use him in that capacity.

Yeah Breeze could definitely benefit to having a Diesel to his HBK

New Page
ddp.jpeg

Fox318

I know cole has a few memorable calls but if Steve does come back for a match I want it called by JR with no Vince in his ear.

Sephzilla

I know cole has a few memorable calls but if Steve does come back for a match I want it called by JR with no Vince in his ear.

I'm fairly certain 100% of the WWE Universe(tm) would agree with you on this one.

I wish they would have brought Austin back to feud with Hunter. It makes more sense than Sting.

Fox318

I'm fairly certain 100% of the WWE Universe(tm) would agree with you on this one.

I wish they would have brought Austin back to feud with Hunter. It makes more sense than Sting.

Nah. The worker vs his boss/authority stuff is already played out.

Austin needs somebody young to work with that he can help put over.

Plus nobody knows what his body is really like. If he isn't fit to work then he shouldn't at this point in his life.

Sephzilla

Nah. The worker vs his boss/authority stuff is already played out.

Austin needs somebody young to work with that he can help put over.

Plus nobody knows what his body is really like. If he isn't fit to work then he shouldn't at this point in his life.

That's the thing, if Austin would come back and feud with a younger talent I'm fairly certain it would end with Austin losing. Nobody wants to see Austin come back and lose. Austin vs HHH would make sense because it would be a logical extension of the Austin/McMahon feud.

Fox318

That's the thing, if Austin would come back and feud with a younger talent I'm fairly certain it would end with Austin losing. Nobody wants to see Austin come back and lose. Austin vs HHH would make sense because it would be a logical extension of the Austin/McMahon feud.

The way to go out is on a loss for wrestlers. The Trish Stratus way of going out is horrible.

Austin's last match helped put over the Rock after he helped put Austin over twice.

Cagey

Banned
Austin coming back to feud with a younger talent and beating said younger talent is still going to raise that guy's profile tremendously.

Just like (moderately unpopular opinion alert) how Punk's matches with The Rock felt far bigger than anything he did except MITB 2011. It took Punk from "top kinda guy in today's meh environment" to "holding his own with the greats".

Hell, Rusev looked like a bigger deal and that was 10 minutes of glorious shit talking and a clothesline out of the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You leave wrestling on your back. That's how it ought to be.

Sephzilla

The way to go out is on a loss for wrestlers. The Trish Stratus way of going out is horrible.

Austin's last match helped put over the Rock after he helped put Austin over twice.

Exactly, Austin already did the "put someone over on the way out" gig. Do you really want to see Austin count the lights against Cena?

Someone could look like a,million bucks in a looking effort.,not like wwe kneos how to book that way

Ibushi looks like,a,stsr after his match with nakamura

Ehhh, Trish going out on top in her hometown is fine, considering she's come back and put people over a bunch

Fox318

Austin coming back to feud with a younger talent and beating said younger talent is still going to raise that guy's profile tremendously.

Just like (moderately unpopular opinion alert) how Punk's matches with The Rock felt far bigger than anything he did except MITB 2011. It took Punk from "top kinda guy in today's meh environment" to "holding his own with the greats".

Hell, Rusev looked like a bigger deal and that was 10 minutes of glorious shit talking and a clothesline out of the ring.

They said the same thing to Bam Bam Bigelow about his match with LT.

While Rock's matches with Punk and Cena made money and entertained it didn't really help build somebody up.

All it did was push Cena on a public as a top guy despite him being booked as a top guy.

I love how the Royal Rumble trailer is all about the odds that are stacked against John Cena

Hope you like Cena-Reigns as your main event.

2 guys who can't work spitting fairy tales at each other.

Sephzilla

Could you imagine the amount of marking out that would happen if we had some glass shattering during the Rumble this weekend?

UberTag

I agree with you 100% on this... but as someone who was in the live audience for this match, I was not complaining.

trish-lita.jpg

I love how the Royal Rumble trailer is all about the odds that are stacked against John Cena
How are the odds stacked against him now? Brock can lose his title without even getting pinned.

Striker

Kind of tired of triple h being the,go to feud for guys returning
Big names or someone on the rise, so since he became a semi-active wrestler:

Undertaker 2x
CM Punk (and won!)
Kevin Nash
Brock Lesnar 3x
Daniel Bryan
Shield 2x

Now in contention to fight Sting, also had the rumor of facing Rock again (again, why?).

Fox318

Could you imagine the amount of marking out that would happen if we had some glass shattering during the Rumble this weekend?

It would over shadow the show.

Honestly Austin seems to take a liking to Cesaro based on the podcast stuff.

If there was ever a guy who could use help with Vince its him.

He literately wrestled 1 face match this year and then they turned him heel and handed him to paul despite being over. Then they made him lose.

T.A.L

What sense does it make to not "train your replacement" so to speak, and give someone some added prestige as opposed to keeping it to yourself?

Exactly, a boss wouldn't leave a company a mess just so that people could say, "You know it was better when so and so was here"

Established stars should always put over young lions.

Passing the torch shouldn't be shamed but glorified. Yet we are mad when Cena doesn't put over anyone.

Sephzilla

I would throw all my friends over the top of the Wells Fargo Center if this happened

It would over shadow the show.

Honestly Austin seems to take a liking to Cesaro based on the podcast stuff.

If there was ever a guy who could use help with Vince its him.

He literately wrestled 1 face match this year and then they turned him heel and handed him to paul despite being over. Then they made him lose.

Austin being a surprise rumble entrant would be the surprise pop to end all surprise pops. If you want to give someone some major heel heat, eliminating Austin would do it.

I think a Goldberg spot at the rumble would be nice.

A Goldberg surprise entry would also generate one hell of a pop I think.

3...2...1... BUZZ

*Cut to locker room shot*

Dude knocks on a door and says "your number's up!" and then fucking Goldberg walks out

What sense does it make to not "train your replacement" so to speak, and give someone some added prestige as opposed to keeping it to yourself?

I'd argue that the only person who should not go out a loser is Undertaker. But with The Streak dead now I don't really care anymore.

But like I said, Austin already did the put someone over on the way out gig. An angle where Austin returns needs to end with Austin drinking beer in celebration.

Sephzilla

Just throwing this out there too - I think Chris Jericho has kind of ruined the "old legend coming back to put someone over" thing a bit. Jericho for what feels like the last 6 fucking years has been a guy who returns, loses to some younger guy, and then vanishes for 5 months before returning to do it again.

Fox318

Goldberg apparently left on really bad terms. They had to book him to win and he only wanted to work his 8 matches or whatever the number was despite him getting paid a ton.

For as much of an issue that HHH has been with hurting guys careers or rewriting history with him being the top star of the attitude era at least you can tell he loves wrestling.

Goldberg and even Reigns did it because they couldn't make it in the NFL.

Just throwing this out there too - I think Chris Jericho has kind of ruined the "old legend coming back to put someone over" thing a bit. Jericho for what feels like the last 6 fucking years has been a guy who returns, loses to some younger guy, and then vanishes for 5 months before returning to do it again.

He did what Dean couldn't and beat Bray tho

Sephzilla

He did what Dean couldn't and beat Bray tho

I think it's fucking hilarious that they brought Jericho back to put over Bray and make Bray look good again because Cena wouldn't lay down for Bray. But then very moment the Jericho/Bray feud ends, Bray gets fed to Cena again.

jmdajr

Goldberg apparently left on really bad terms. They had to book him to win and he only wanted to work his 8 matches or whatever the number was despite him getting paid a ton.

For as much of an issue that HHH has been with hurting guys careers or rewriting history with him being the top star of the attitude era at least you can tell he loves wrestling.

Goldberg and even Reigns did it because they couldn't make it in the NFL.

I'm not gonna throw Reigns under the bus. I don't think he is anywhere near Golderberg in that attitude. No fucking way.

imBask

Banned
I think it's fucking hilarious that they brought Jericho back to put over Bray and make Bray look good again because Cena wouldn't lay down for Bray. But then very moment the Jericho/Bray feud ends, Bray gets fed to Cena again.

to be fair I don't actually think Cena refused to put Bray over, it was probably Vince

unless I missed some vital information?

Fox318

Honestly Cena should be at the point now where he shouldn't win. He is already over with the kids and he has shown as a character he doesn't give a shit about losing.

He pretty much killed Bray.

Breaking up the Shield and the Wyatts was the worst things this year. They didn't have any ideas except Vince wanted to turn Reigns into Cena.

Shame that Punk couldn't get Chris Hero in the Shield instead of Reigns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM Punk's "I invented the Shield" is the new Bret Hart "I invented the ladder match"

imBask

Banned
idk, the shield breakup was fine... it was bound to happen and it kinda worked. Dean vs Seth was a pretty good feud until BRAY fucked it all up and killed Dean's momentum

Reigns should be doing fine too but Vince is being a big dummy and pushing him to the moon way to soon

Kaladin

I liked Cena's position on the card best during CM Punk's title reign when all his feuds were side stories. Even if he was main event of most PPVs, he was still out of the title picture.

Sephzilla

Honestly Cena should be at the point now where he shouldn't win. He is already over with the kids and he has shown as a character he doesn't give a shit about losing.

He pretty much killed Bray.

Breaking up the Shield and the Wyatts was the worst things this year. They didn't have any ideas except Vince wanted to turn Reigns into Cena.

Shame that Punk couldn't get Chris Hero in the Shield instead of Reigns.

Exactly. Cena losing isn't going to hurt him at fucking all anymore considering he's a merchandise machine and he's a 15 time champ. He needs to start losing some more so Cena wins actually have some kind of fucking meaning again.

The Shield breakup was and still is dumb. Yes we got America's Next Top Heel out of it with Rollins, but the actual timing and logic behind the feud made no sense. It was one of those Vince going for shock value moments without it making a fucking lick of sense, just like it was when Brock pinned Taker.

The Wyatts shouldn't have broken up because it's clear that creative has no really solid direction for any of them individually.

Top Bottom