• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

I don't know either, man.

Y'all a bunch of puppets.

I didn't watch it again. I played Resident Evil and tuned back in to see Roman do passably in an interview. There's hope yet. I still think he can become a guy worthy of this spot, and I still don't blame him for the fact he's getting this push.

But yeah, I think it's the wrong move, certainly.

And here we have. Reigns setting up to be the next John Cena. He'll be the underdog who doesn't mind being boo'd by the fans for the next 10 years and he'll never tap out and lose cleanly once every blue moon.

Fox318

9SfUuNtl.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm legit interested to see how this Roman Reigns push works out long term. Right now I think he's the next Sheamus rather than the next John Cena.

It took a few weeks for WWE to realize they needed to write Batista as a heel. There's still hope, depending on how people react. It's pretty obvious to most people but you need a little extra to get to Vince.

Cagey

Banned
He's too threatening looking and not naturally believably corny enough to play the Cena character.

It's shades of Warrior after Hogan.

Ithil

They can't pull the trigger, they want the happy Cena face that gives the PR friendly answers. The smart thing would have been to make Reigns an anti-hero who doesn't care that he's booed, if you're not gonna turn him heel.

Frightfully, that was one of his best promos that I can remember. Low bar, of course. Perhaps because there was honesty involved and he's obviously been told not to try to hide anything.

What are they going to talk to Bryan about, anyway? He got 100% legit tossed out by a guy they're desperate to push in case the Undertaker is let out of his retirement community for a weekend this spring. All as planned.

Oh hell. Is Bryan going to quit or something? He could play the "they picked Reigns and he didn't deny it" angle but there's no endgame for it.

I don't hate the guy. But they've put him in a situation he isn't ready for.

Nah.

I think he is as ready as anyone who has been in his place as his age. The problem is the booking and making him Cena 2.0 who over comes the odds and makes shitty jokes. Its a tired formula that people are sick of.

If they made his character more aggressive and stopped with the pandering bullshit I think people would be a little more happy.

Also yeah... not tossing out Bryan like a jobber....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say this, their Raw without wrestling kind of makes the Rumble feel more important since it doesn't have a Raw immediately after it. Anyone else feel this way?

Sou Da

I just noticed they forgot to censor the "fucking" in that commercial for that USA EMT show the first time. RAW exudes a botch aura it seems.

Ithil

Reins is HHH's boy. Hunter picked him for the Shield and has been behind his push all the way.

Yeah, that doesn't mean shit when it's Vince's show Vince is scripting Reigns' own promos after all, he clearly is spearheading this whole megapush. Seth Rollins is the guy HHH is all hands on with in any case.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That interview. Damn. Props to them for acknowledging those questions.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who cares about fairness. Sure, life is unfair, but you can make things leas toxic in a controlled environment instead of hiding behind that statement.

It took a few weeks for WWE to realize they needed to write Batista as a heel. There's still hope, depending on how people react. It's pretty obvious to most people but you need a little extra to get to Vince.

Vince already caved last year. He'd probably rather burn the company down and piss on the ashes before having to do that again.

ipn9bB0FwKeyp.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Again. Less than a month ago

Roman Reigns said:
Everybody is a critic. Every critic I’ve ever had, they weren’t wrestlers [laughs]. Every wrestler I’ve ever had critique me, they were always into my stuff or what I’m doing out there. For a non-wrestler, someone who doesn’t even know how to lock up, and if we did lock up, they wouldn’t know what to do, for them to critique any of us, it really does pop me.

So to those of you who think Cena is like that as well, nah man. It's a work. Roman's butthurt about getting booed.

Wait, did Cole just say the Authority had this match planned for Mania? With no real build before that night; they already had it planned? Can we keep a little kayfabe here guys.

Anth0ny

It was planned for Mania but now it's happening at Fast Lane? lol

maybe they want rusev to go over, but not at mania?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

sajj316

Well .. They need a new face guy in what is a continued PG age. Cena's made them a ton of money. Their banking on that with Reigns.

Top Bottom