• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

1ojMOzE.png

lmao this has to be doctored

BadAss2961

Yep. They're shoving a bad MFer square peg in a happy go lucky round hole here. Are they afraid of having a bad ass as top dog for marketing purposes? It's the pattern everyone seems to fall into.
People were right. They really are trying to make another Cena, and they think Reigns is the guy. They're babyfacing him, throwing his old characteristics that got him there out the window in an effort to make this work.

Yeah, that doesn't mean shit when it's Vince's show Vince is scripting Reigns' own promos after all, he clearly is spearheading this whole megapush. Seth Rollins is the guy HHH is all hands on with in any case.

The interview was basic tonight. He wobbled a couple of times but Roman comes off a lot better like that than when Vince is trying to make him sound cool and funny.

And I'm officially referring to the next pay per view as Speed Pass. Because it's only slightly more ridiculous.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They mentioned Cena/Rusev was planned for Wrestlemania originally. I wonder if this part of the audible to try and salvage Mania.

Car crashes are interesting. It was easier for them to bail on Batista last year being that he was just an old guy back for one more run. Reigns is/was their 10 year plan. I want to see how far they go with it in the face of this reaction.

Vylash

Man.

People fucking loved this guy when he was in the shield.

because his strengths were highlighted and his weaknesses were hidden, he needs another year or so of seasoning in the midcard and of course some mic skills before he's ready for the push they're giving him now, it'll blow up in their faces and he'll be reduced to Sheamus tier

Mengetsu

Reins is HHH's boy. Hunter picked him for the Shield and has been behind his push all the way.
I know that but i mean with storylines and pacing. Roman can have what ever matches he likes but I know we would have different champions with better build ups at least. NXT has made me believe he can make some needed changes.

Verendus

Banned
Next inductee is an icon, and Hollywood movie star?

Shit.

That's either Rock or Batista. Whose career is about to end? Not this way. Not this way!

Fox318

There are 2 ways to handle this.

• Turn heel like Rock and build respect and get some love from the fans
    [*]Go super babyface like Cena and ignore everything

Pizoxuat

What are they going to talk to Bryan about, anyway? He got 100% legit tossed out by a guy they're desperate to push in case the Undertaker is let out of his retirement community for a weekend this spring. All as planned.

Oh hell. Is Bryan going to quit or something? He could play the "they picked Reigns and he didn't deny it" angle but there's no endgame for it.

They're going to feed Bryan to Bray at Fast Lane to make Bray look strong for the Undertaker.

Gorillaz

is LAW doing there little radio show tonight by any chance or is that only on sundays/ppv nights?

I need to hear some shout outs

Ithil

The dumbest part is all these PG flaccid spineless Cena who just wants you to express yourself if you paid your hard earned money issues came after he got to the main event, not before.

Now they're turning Reigns into PG post-ascension Cena, before he actually gets to the main event. Cena was genuinely really over as a heel then an edgy babyface in midcard. Robbing Reigns of that part basically insures his main event push will fail.

Striker

Either a DQ, or a dirty win by Rusev at Fast Lane. Stupid to give the match away before WM.
Neither. It's stupid to place these two in any one on one match before the big show. Do a tag match if anything. Do Rusev-Rollins vs. Orton-Cena if need be. It cheapens the match status at Mania if it's been already done a month earlier on PPV. (I know you're in agreement, but lord, it's a dumb idea by them)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is LAW doing there little radio show tonight by any chance or is that only on sundays/ppv nights?

I need to hear some shout outs

Sundays, however Pollock and Wai Ting do Review-A-Raw which is better than normal LAW, I highly recommend it. It's happening right after Raw, but I don't know if they stream it live. Definitely listen, though. Should be an interesting one, Pollock is incredibly intelligent and reasonable and will call out WWE on a lot of shit. He brings a good, and grounded perspective.

I will say this, their Raw without wrestling kind of makes the Rumble feel more important since it doesn't have a Raw immediately after it. Anyone else feel this way?
I'd 100% support them doing this after the "big 4" PPVs. It would even be wise on the corporate end since it gives them extra time to drive their narrative in the likely event of them absolutely blowing it. You could have filled this entire show and had mini-recaps of all the ongoing feuds and things about to boil over. A Miz+Mizdow segment tonight, for example. A GoldStar segment. Bring in Bubba Ray and DDP to talk about returning. Tons of stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are 2 ways to handle this.

• Turn heel like Rock and build respect and get some love from the fans
    [*]Go super babyface like Cena and ignore everything

Only wrestle for the fans that wear the black armband.

The heel turn seems so unlikely because it completely screws up what they are doing with Rollins as well.

People loved the Shield and Roman happened to be in it.

Yeah, most saw where this shit was going from early on with the Shield and the announce team's obsession with Roman Reigns. We didn't need CM Punk to tell us they were trying to make Roman look strong. It was clear as fucking day. There are examples that predate it, but Survivor Series 2013, Royal Rumble 2014, and the Shield mini documentary made me roll my eyes nearly out of socket with how hard they were trying to get Roman over despite his lack of any skills that are important for being a good pro wrestler.

Verendus

Banned
Oh never mind.

It's Arnold.

The dumbest part is all these PG flaccid spineless Cena who just wants you to express yourself if you paid your hard earned money issues came after he got to the main event, not before.

Now they're turning Reigns into PG post-ascension Cena, before he actually gets to the main event. Cena was genuinely really over as a heel then an edgy babyface in midcard. Robbing Reigns of that part basically insures his main event push will fail.
The crowd turned on Cena in the middle of 2005, and that was still when Cena was mostly the same. He even tells the haters to suck his nuts or something at one point. Reigns would always be turned on because he's not Bryan, and the next pick to be the face of the company.

No appeasing crybabies.

Balee dat.

because his strengths were highlighted and his weaknesses were hidden, he needs another year or so of seasoning in the midcard and of course some mic skills before he's ready for the push they're giving him now, it'll blow up in their faces and he'll be reduced to Sheamus tier

Or worse.

Remember Drew Macintyre?

I think he'll be fine, but I also think this is going to be a set back for him, just as it was for Sheamus (who was putting on great matches before his recent injury) and just as it was for Chris Masters (who again, flourished into this amazing wrestler but it was too late).

He'll be fine. But this is still a bad move. Bryan is hot, and yeah, not going to be at the top level for more than another three or four years, so leave him there until Roman is ready.

It's too late for that though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Oh shit, this is all the good stuff!!! Holy crap, thank you - Boots, wake up!

I'd 100% support them doing this after the "big 4" PPVs. It would even be wise on the corporate end since it gives them extra time to drive their narrative in the likely event of them absolutely blowing it. You could have filled this entire show and had mini-recaps of all the ongoing feuds and things about to boil over. A Miz+Mizdow segment tonight, for example. A GoldStar segment. Bring in Bubba Ray and DDP to talk about returning. Tons of stuff.

Yep. It'd also be a fuckin' REST too. They need that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only wrestle for the fans that wear the black armband.

The heel turn seems so unlikely because it completely screws up what they are doing with Rollins as well.

dean-ambrose-and-roman-reigns.jpg

2 dudes with attitude. Ambrose is already way head on the HBK hairline and everything.

So Reigns career is going to go one of two ways.

He's shoved down our throats for 10+ years like a Cena clone, the eternal #1 contender when he isn't holding the strap.

Or

He's stuck in the lower midcard in a jobber tag team because Vince is onto his next shiny bauble that he thinks he can micromanage into superstardom.

Top Bottom