• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Bork the Beast is so cool.

He just slouches on his seat and breathes heavily. How cool can you get?

I don't know why, but I love him so much. His involvement with Seth Rollins has made them both so likeable to me.

Bork the Babyface Beast is like a superhero. Everybody loves him. He's like an invincibility cheat in a video game. You just breathe a sigh of relief when you become invincible and wreck shit up. He's the man.

Seth-kun Ragdoll Rollins is godlike with him. Seeing Seth curbstomp Lesnar is so good.

I actually am so happy we didn't get a 1v1 with Cena and Brock. But I also like that Cena was a good buffer between the two

Jamie OD

What year did Scott Steiner come up with the Frankensteiner?
frankensteinerneutt.gif

Because this was in 87.

The move was originally created by Huracán Ramírez in the 50s.

I just have the feeling this is only going to leave me wanting something like a less sanitized version of Total Divas, except with the boys on the road. I'm sure you can imagine the stories that could be told, dream.

Like listening to Steve Austin and his guests reminisce about their favorite ribs, but with video.

zychi

Banned
Just got done watching royal rumble.

Besides the lack of a "long" guy in the rumble(a punk with nexus type of thing), and db getting thrown out so quick, i liked the ppv overall. A year ago everyone want dbry or reigns to win the rumble. Theyre pushing reigns to the moon too quick, but it feels like Cena is gonna take a break after Mania and Reigns may be the placeholder.

I love what theyve done with Rollins, i think he and Mizdow are my favorite things about WWE right now. Ambrose is great. Ziggler is great where he is, he isnt the guy and WWE fans and this thread would turn on him 5 mins after winning the title.

Hhh v sting should be good. H always delivers at WM.
Still love Paige.

Besides the marks not getting dbry in the title picture(we have allllll year for that, plus he got his Mania moment last year) there really isnt much to complain about. Even Cena is out or the planned main event of Mania, something Wwe fans claim they wanted the last few years.

No idea what happened on Raw, but RR was fine for $9.99!

Toki767

I feel like Reigns' push is being sabotaged unintentionally even after the Rumble win.

Fast Lane is probably going to be Reigns vs Big Show. Unless Reigns completely squashes Big Show, that match is going to stink up the arena.

Roman's title celebration is gonna consist of the entire Anoa'i family tree celebrating with him complete fireworks and confetti and who's gonna boo that?!

Probably everyone?

Toki767

Reigns is going to be lucky that Wrestlemania is in an open air stadium, so loud noise won't be super noticeable, especially if WWE turns down the crowd mics.

The Raw after Wrestlemania where all the hardcore fans are still in town though, that's going to be a fan burial.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man
Yeah, I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

So many asses, so little time
Only a tight one, can stop me on the dime
I'm a lover, of every kind
The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

Buns of glory,
Buns of steel
Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,
I feel the heat.
That's why the girls don't walk behind me down the street

UberTag

Haha some of you idiots watched RAW again!

What did they actually do besides showing the Rumble again?
They had D.Brine tell the world how great Roman Reigns was and that we shouldn't boo him. We should boo D.Brine instead for disappointing us and himself. He will also NEVER wrestle Brock Lesnar but he did still pitch us on what a great match it would have been in a hypothetical alternate universe where Vince listened to his fans.

They had Roman do his best John Cena impression.

We learned a lot about the Anoa'i family and how it was Roman's birthright to be gifted an opportunity to main event a Wrestlemania and that we should deal with it.

And we had Heyman carry an excellent closing segment where he did his part to put over both Brock and Roman and set the stage for their match in 9 weeks. Brock sat calmly in the background like a cocky mofo and then they did a cheesy bit with a handshake and a staredown.

If nothing else, they solidified to WWE audiences that they need to actively jeer Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn and not individual wrestlers at live events in order for anything meaningful to happen. Or, better yet, to not show up at all.

Also, Roman Reigns is going to be booked exactly like John Cena and they plan to have him on top for the next decade and everyone else on the roster is a goober. If you want to cheer for an underdog, go watch some other "wrasslin" show.

That's pretty much what they did on RAW tonight.

Looks like he got caught on the rope and didn't make the distance.... the other Uso got the distance.

Miz got to much hate. I don't know that Miz had to sell that he legit got a kick to the face.
You're right on that. Blown spot was probably more Jimmy's fault than Miz. It's just fun to mock Miz for his lackluster catching skills which is why he took most of the initial blame.

Woke up to a foot plus of snow after having a dream about the royal rumble and another "how it should have ended". When it was down to 2/3rds shield and big/kane instead of instantly beating Ambrose the two shield bros should have defeated Big Show/Kane but as Amborse and Reigns are about to go at it the countdown happens and a surprise 31 participant shows up, Seth Rollins. Que 3 way Shield fight where Rollins does something cheap to Ambrose to send him over and Reigns avenges him.

Okay no more dreams about WWE need to go back to bed and enjoy my snow day.

Just remembered the whole Axel and Rowan bit in the Rumble.

Fuck was that about?

Axel moaning on NXT he wants to kick start his career off again and doesn't even make it to the ring....

UberTag

Just remembered the whole Axel and Rowan bit in the Rumble.

Fuck was that about?

Axel moaning on NXT he wants to kick start his career off again and doesn't even make it to the ring....
Axel's just treading water until he gets future endeavored.

The company clearly thinks very little of him at this point.
Probably less than even Ryder and that's saying something.

WWE should be paying Heyman a lot more money, dude fucking nailed that promo with Roman insanely hard.
Whatever they're paying him it's not nearly enough. They clearly recognize his value too as JBL was putting him over on commentary as "the best manager of all-time" at the Rumble.

Whether that translates into them finding a role for him or not post-WrestleMania after Brock leaves remains to be seen.
They'd be absolute fools not to utilize him if he's game to work a program with someone else, though.

kiguel182

Well, this was a better Raw than usual. Apart from that bullshit Bryan interview. He was great actually but the content itself was bullshit. Trying to justify something that has no justification and trying to put Reigns over.

Ambrose was great, that guy is a blast. Reigns wasn't half bad, he did is job well. Same for Lesnar and, of course, Heyman.

Also, apparently Reigns's dad tried to kill him when he was a kid. Explains a lot.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Seth interview. It felt off.

rrc1594

Well, this was a better Raw than usual. Apart from that bullshit Bryan interview. He was great actually but the content itself was bullshit. Trying to justify something that has no justification and trying to put Reigns over.

Ambrose was great, that guy is a blast. Reigns wasn't half bad, he did is job well. Same for Lesnar and, of course, Heyman.

Also, apparently Reigns's dad tried to kill him when he was a kid. Explains a lot.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Seth interview. It felt off.

What!

Top Bottom