• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Sephzilla

He's always been a worthless, shitty character.

Marvel dudes and women who suck:

Peter Parker
Gambit

All the X-Men save Colossus
Daredevil

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Also, there's only two shitty X-Men and their names are Kitty Pryde and Cyclops. Colossus was only cool in the X-Men Arcade Game

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Colossus is a poser Juggernaut now

Fuck Colossus.

Define 'now'

because god DAMN it's hard to figure out who 'counts' in the marvel universe. 90s Colossus was dope. Jugs has been dope for a long time, and has always been better than Hulk. Thought I'd throw that shit out there.

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Also, there's only two shitty X-Men and their names are Kitty Pryde and Cyclops.

That's a good start, because those two are shitty, but next up is Wolverine - who fuckin' BLOWS. Takes zero talent to write, because nobody has to try to write him in a compelling and interesting fashion. Wolverine is for children and manbabies who don't like to think. Me no thinky!

Heel

Come on guys, if you want to talk about something very specific involving super heroes you can always make a thread in OT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Define 'now'

because god DAMN it's hard to figure out who 'counts' in the marvel universe. 90s Colossus was dope. Jugs has been dope for a long time, and has always been better than Hulk. Thought I'd throw that shit out there.

After Fear Itself, Colossus has Juggernaughts helmet.

And he looks fucking stupid.

JavyOO7

Ugh, I don't want to see Bryan taking on Ziggler at WM31. I'd rather see BNB take on Bryan instead. With Ziggler, it'd be him very phony like ranting about how he'd always steal the show. With BNB at least with his great voice he could rant how D. Brine is a failure for not winning the Rumble. Then when the two match up together, BNB would try his best to throw a Misawa elbow. He'd fail at it, but at least its more interesting than seeing Dolph fight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Come on guys, if you want to talk about something very specific involving super heroes you can always make a thread in OT.

Neoxon might kill himself, though. I can't have that kind of blood on my hands.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As a Daniel Bryan fan, I'm not just pissed off because I feel entitled and believe he should win everything ever. I'm more pissed off with the awful quality of the Rumble match itself, thanks to the sheer abundance of shitty decsion making, and the denial of what would be an absolute dream Mania main event in the form of Bryan/Lesnar. If Lesnar's not sticking around, why would you waste that opportunity on someone like Reigns?
What you're telling me is you'd want Daniel Bryan to be the one who the beat the 1 in 21, so that Reigns can go on to beat the 1 who beat the 1 in 21 thus becoming the 1 who beat the 1 who beat the 1 in 21.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is the appeal of Gambit? Is it because wearing trench coats and throwing cards at people is cool?

Same as Cable. The 90s.

His new comics are supposed to be the answer to heroines being sexualized because they sexualize shots of him too. Otherwise, I have no idea. Dude got his girl stolen by Magneto lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Best X-Men

1- Wolverine
2- Deadpool
3- Nightcrawler
4- Magneto
5- Storm
6- Gambit
7- Absolutely everyone else
8- Kitty
9- Cyclops

Magneto? An X-Man? LOL

This is the only Magneto I know :(
dWucFA4.png

For real, 90x X-Men designs are pretty much the gold standard. When someone mentioned X-Men, I always think of the blue and yellow Cyclops.

Gorillaz

would you friends say that Zig Zags is the Deadpool of WWE? admired, a running joke, yet nobody in power actually gives a shit about him

Sephzilla

Magneto? An X-Man? LOL

This is the only Magneto I know :(
dWucFA4.png

For real, 90x X-Men designs are pretty much the gold standard. When someone mentioned X-Men, I always think of the blue and yellow Cyclops.

Well I was more talking general X-Men characters just so I could include Magneto and Deadpool.

Also yeah, for as much as I hate Cyclops the 90s version of him is better than the human condom look he's had any other time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wolverine sucks and is a 'writer avatar' bullshit character
XMen25-Pwned.jpg

Wolverine was only cool when he wore brown and was an ugly mean midget shit

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Let's look at it this way, we're in good times right now.

Every week on WWE television we can enjoy watching Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castignoli, El Generico, Kevin Steen, PAC, KENTA, Prince Devitt and others.

We have more reasons to watch WWE TV than we've had at one time in the past decade.

Embrace it friends. We no longer have to spend $10 - $20 or more per show to watch some of our favorite wrestlers with sub par production quality.
You just making up names now?

Toki767

I tried to read some of the newer X-Men stuff but man, I feel like everyone has gone crazy or something. I also don't really like the art style for the new Uncanny X-Men series.

All-New X-Men isn't bad though.

Sephzilla

The stupid thing about X-Men these days is that X-Men was originally supposed to be a comic book commentary on minorities but in the Marvel universe there's probably more mutants/metahumans than there are normal people now.

x-men was always really silly because it felt like whenever it wasn't magneto in the picture they'd just throw some dumb as fuck sci-fi pulp into it for no reason. It was a hotbed for all of marvels weird all sci-fi offshoots. Anyone know why? To compete with doom patrol?

Time Travel! Corsair and the space cops! The Savage Land! Ay-yi yi.

Do you know why Bryan fans want a "David vs. Goliath" type storyline for Wrestlemania? Because in the story, David wins.

I thought it was because most wrestling fans are raised with strong Judeo-Christian values and see the opportunity to tell a modern allegory to a classic biblical parable. Personally I see Daniel Bryan as more of a Moses figure, with the authority representing the Egyptian oppressors and we the fans as the Jewish people, but I can also see the appeal of the King David story.

Ugh, I don't want to see Bryan taking on Ziggler at WM31. I'd rather see BNB take on Bryan instead. With Ziggler, it'd be him very phony like ranting about how he'd always steal the show. With BNB at least with his great voice he could rant how D. Brine is a failure for not winning the Rumble. Then when the two match up together, BNB would try his best to throw a Misawa elbow. He'd fail at it, but at least its more interesting than seeing Dolph fight.

No matter who Bryan fights between BNB, Sheamus, or Ziggler, it's only going to get 10 minutes maximum in a glorified tv match.

I thought it was because most wrestling fans are raised with strong Judeo-Christian values and see the opportunity to tell a modern allegory to a classic biblical parable. Personally I see Daniel Bryan as more of a Moses figure, with the authority representing the Egyptian oppressors and we the fans as the Jewish people, but I can also see the appeal of the King David story.
Science is my diety.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Authority really look like a third wheel right now. It's like they had to come out during the Roman thing just so Triple H could go 'LOOK AT ME IM STILL PART OF THIS'

They add nothing and serve no purpose to Brock vs Roman. And yet we will continue to see them every week cutting those same promos they cut for Bryan, Dolph, and Cena to Roman.

WWE doesn't see Bryan as David

WWE sees Bryan as David's scrub brother who couldn't even beat the punching bag David used to train for Goliath

Brie is David's manager shouting "YOU CAN'T WIN, HE'S A BILLION FEET TALL" whenever she isn't bobbing her head to music

Toki767

The Authority really look like a third wheel right now. It's like they had to come out during the Roman thing just so Triple H could go 'LOOK AT ME IM STILL PART OF THIS'

They add nothing and serve no purpose to Brock vs Roman. And yet we will continue to see them every week cutting those same promos they cut for Bryan, Dolph, and Cena to Roman.

They are there solely to try to get Reigns cheered by siding with Lesnar.

Also all of the Bryan/Dolph match tweets they've made were scripted by WWE. Didn't think something that obvious needed to be pointed out, but a few people already posted like it was one of the things they had to campaign for instead of the thing they hand you so you shut up about your ice cream being the wrong flavor

Top Bottom